Discuss with the Dev Team!
no avatar

Red69

Veteran

Re: Let's Talk: The Stronghold.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:03 pm
Has there been any progress on talks for restoring trashed champion mininos?  Many people spent money on these but because they were garbage they were superfused.  Now there are efforts to balance them, but we have very little chance of getting them back.

Lurch

Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:21 pm
That would be a beautiful dream to come true. But they don't have the honor to do it. They do not even admit the mistakes done. I was putting some hope in Syraan's promises. But ... the assassin is still here, the game is still unbalanced, no return of the fused champions ... Only bla bla.
_Lurch_ / Blacklisted 
ANDROID / NOA server 
no avatar

Drachir

Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:01 am
I spent out and bought 15 stronghold chests to get the latest and best champion, the lightning colossus.

Can you explain to me why the old immortal gatekeeper is twice as powerful, and the colossus is utter junk? Considering that this is the latest champion, shouldnt it be the most powerful....even if only by a little bit? I cant believe i waited four weeks and spent so much to get a junk champion.

Buff it please, put it where it deserves to be!

Maciej K

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:15 pm
Hi Dev. Team,
Do you plan to make the Pyre Voror at least as usefull as other Vorors ???
Maybe there's a chance of releasing or improving other fire minions that could be deadly for CURRENT nature sets ??? Looks like nature & legendary light sets are unstoppable during raids...
no avatar

boz

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:20 pm
It's no secret that the team favors Light gears over everything else.
The Light​ has Haste, has Shield that can attack with Stun effect, has Chained Lightening that attacks multiple times, and nevertheless, has Dodge as a unique feature of the Light Trinkets. (Smoke Veil will time out, so incomparable)

Then why bother with all the other element gears?

I'm sorry. But the design is just ****.
It's even more **** by adding those abilities to other element gears, such as high Dodge Chance to Nature and Water.
It's a mistake made by attempting to fix another mistake.
We can all tell what's going to happen. Eventually every gear will have every ability.
Instead, there should be neutral abilities that can be purchased or rewarded to gears of chosen.
The combination is subject to the players.

The Stronghold won't be done right without re-balancing all the gears and minions.

And there's a fundamentally wrongful design. Everything is about probability.
In fact, everything is about very low probability that adds up to an extremely high price tag.
Certainty is what makes a challenging task enjoyable, because it's rewarding.
And that's why most players are going for the WC gears.
Yet, WC gear itself is just a poor design. It obseletes all other gears from the Chests.​

The team needs a good director, who understands gaming, and gamers.
no avatar

boz

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 am
Here's why Stun is such a poorly implemented ability.

DH5 is essentially an action game.​ An action game will ultimately provide players a smooth, fluent, responsive, and emersive experience.
Some AAA titles, such as Mirror's Edge, has such gaming experience delivered to an incredible extreme.
Stun, as it is in DH5, just makes sure none of those attributes will ever come to real.​
Constantly being interrupted. And constantly being disabled.
It does make me wonder, is it the players are playing the game, or the players are being played by the game.
Over the years, the industry has developed everything, from hardware to software, to improve the gaming experience so that every move is seamlessly connected. And DH5 just had it overturned.
Stun is better to be fixed by:
1. Very brief effect, focuses on interruption of Combo Hits instead.
2. Stun by Minions is very different from Stun by player. Because Minions are so often largely outnumbered. 

================== 

Here's why Dodge is such a poorly implemented ability. 

It's in fact a very good ability when battling Minions. Because it's part of the balance that offset the outnumbered Minions.
But it's a very bad one when it comes to PvP.
This scenario can be easily scrutinized by slowing an identical battle into a turn-by-turn mode.
Each char will do an attack, and there's a chance the attack will fail because of the Dodge Chance of the opponent.
So what happends when the two parties both have high Dodge Chances?
You'll get numerous failures before getting one hit.
It's no longer an action game.It's a slot machine.
And extremely high Dodge Chance is currently one of the few useful attributes that this game offers.
And it is most high level players are after. 

================== 

Here's why DH5 is on a wrong track. 

The early focus of the game was graphics, along with animation.
I fell for the graphics. I assume there are players with over 100K VIP points out there, which makes my points look trivial.
But ~40K itself is still a lot higher the VIP 10 as currently available.
The team apparently didn't expect such success. So plans of expanding the game surfaced.
Unfortunately, the tweaks have made the game worse every single step.
Why is animation so dominant that I frequently lose control of my char?
Why is animation so important that many times the Minions just become immune to attack?
Take Fear for example, confrontation with SH Keeper typically finishes under 2 seconds.
But Fear, and stacked, make it lasted more than 10 seconds.
There's nothing you can do but to wait.
So instead of enjoying effectively control my char, I had to sit watching what the team wants us to watch, repeatedly.
Think of those big titles, nowadays cut scenes can be skipped dispite the massive resources cost to make them.
Yet, in this game, we have to wait for every animation to finish play.

The work is so scattered.​ The design is so bloced.
There simply lacks a big picture that seamlessly connects all the pieces. 

I personally don't expect anything from this secret SH 2.0.
Because a close remake of the first gen will not undo the wrongs.
And the gamers are so diverse.
It's simply dilusional to expect that kind of closed work will deliver saticfaction to the majority.
no avatar

_Augusto

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:09 pm
After the update that gets the Voror, the game has came so unbalanced... So make a RAID now is a patience task, And i rly dont have 20/30 minutes to spend on this, on a simple raid.

Some times i ask if someone of the dev Team rly play the game... Because this is a completely broken game.

Champions that have upkeep of nearly a 3 Vorors, and just do the half of one Voror...
The SH that have waters Vorors And Druids is another patience task.

Why so many invencible frames for those minions? The things comes a mess.

I think that a good way to balance the support minions (like Water Voror And Druids) is only aplying their buff on a minion of same element. This will prevent Dark Voror of be invencible wt 2 shields, And comes close of the game initial purpose: elemental advantage. Maybe we can see SH's of pure water or nature because the bonuses of the support minions And no the mess exact like is, with all just choosing overpower minions.

PS: sorry for my poor english. Write it in a Portuguese keyboard with automatic broker is another task of patience.

:/

Focaccina

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:49 pm
_Augusto wrote:
After the update that gets the Voror, the game has came so unbalanced... So make a RAID now is a patience task, And i rly dont have 20/30 minutes to spend on this, on a simple raid.

Some times i ask if someone of the dev Team rly play the game... Because this is a completely broken game.

Me and an other players ask the same question... the answer? Of course, Dev Team did *all* tests before release new contents... but the truth is they d0n't no test AFTER.

Champions that have upkeep of nearly a 3 Vorors, and just do the half of one Voror...
The SH that have waters Vorors And Druids is another patience task.

Yup, water vorors are simple a thorn in a**. The shields last too long and the absurd thing is if this guy cast the shields skill and you kill it, the shields stay on other minions.

Why so many invencible frames for those minions? The things comes a mess.

Totally true. Why Devs Team put it? It's totally a non-sense. And don't tell nothing about "it's for balance" because I'll laugh for hours.

I think that a good way to balance the support minions (like Water Voror And Druids) is only aplying their buff on a minion of same element. This will prevent Dark Voror of be invencible wt 2 shields, And comes close of the game initial purpose: elemental advantage. Maybe we can see SH's of pure water or nature because the bonuses of the support minions And no the mess exact like is, with all just choosing overpower minions.

This.
SH 2.0 seems to fix the whole balance thing (with words) but if it's come near to your suggestion it'll be a very great thing.

PS: sorry for my poor english. Write it in a Portuguese keyboard with automatic broker is another task of patience.

:/

Don't worry I understand all ;)

Odyssey of a Ticket:
viewtopic.php?f=2101&t=292575
Shocking interview with a Dungeon Hunter 5 Developer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUhn8Oyxvo by ghostwheel
How it actually works the whole WC system: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOa0-S7nN2o thanks to Aragorn, son of Arathorn

ghostwheel

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:28 pm
Some observarions with the latest update, my lightning collosus has become even weaker with the new update - doing around 20% less damage.  It doesnt seem cost effective especially with it's supposed rarity and upkeep at 140 (my guildmates are saying it's not very good as well)

Water vorers are less effective at shielding and can never shield my druid in time no matter where it is placed (compared to before when it was guaranteed to shield my druid at least once).  This has resulted in 4 out of 4 lost defence raids so far since the lag fix (compared to roughly 70% defence wins before in M1)
no avatar

Stormbright

Google Play (Android)

Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:54 pm
What's happened to the valpuris I've just spent 10m trying to kill one in sh was last minion not in the ruby trap and was attacking with 6k+ dark attack it just kept healing a bit like what happens in ruby trap's is this a one off or a new bug?