Discuss with the Dev Team!
no avatar

Talaxis

Apple (iOS)

Re: Let's Talk: The Stronghold.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:14 pm
The current formula for success:  Warlord room (light), or the new dark trap (with the stun balls).  Add in a Gelid Voror, a druid, and as many knockdown / stun mobs as you can (turtles, stentinel, dark sentinel, etc..)  With a little thought in minon placement this becomes unbeatable.  The druid gets shielded by the voror so you can't take him down quicky.  The druid heals the voror so you can't take him down, and while you're trying you get swamed by half a dozen+ mobs knocking you down and stunning you.  

Additionally the druid and voror tend to migrate to one of the top 2 invulnerability posts, but they stay on the south side of it (underneath it) so they're both central to the action and able to buff/heal the other minions, they're invulnerable there, you can't destroy the post from that position and it allows the minons to swarm you much more easily.  I don't need to discuss the dark trap with this combination as that room itself is already a hell hole with the constant stun.

I know GL insists they do extensive testing before they release a patch, and to their defense this last patch/update was the most stable they've released, but they obviously do little to no play testing.  That's left up to the paying players.

I am doing my best not to let this game **** me off as much anymore, so when I load up a SH battle and run into one of those situations, I simply quit out.  My gear is not top notch, but I do have 12/15 T3 trinkets, and have a full set of gear/skills for each element with only one stat being below 5.5k (fire defense), and 5/10 stats 6.0-6.6k.  The remaining 4 stats are 5.5-6k.

I agree that SH's shouldn't be a joke (as they were before the update... except for Voror filled rooms), but there also shouldn't be easily obtainable "I win" combinations as all that does is make people hate raiding which is about the only enjoyable part of this game.  Everything else is just a grind.

Lurch

Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 pm
The legendary league has turned into a joke. And only because of the assassin. Maybe you can manage to kill it, but what the assassin didn't finished, the keeper will do. Or another joke, you reach the keeper with 1% life and still manage to beat it, even if the keeper is over 6k in stats.

is this for real? 

and don't worry, people are talking, and the assassin list is shared ...
_Lurch_ / Blacklisted 
ANDROID / NOA server 
no avatar

Dalgore

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:28 am
@talaxis
I 100% agree. The fun part of the game is raiding strongholds. But I guess, I'm not WORTHY of that anymore :-(

frozenLady

Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:09 pm
It seems to lose heat these days. 

Can someone in the Devs team reveal some information on the upcoming SH 2.0? I guess it will be introduced at the end of March or the beginning of April.

Zungedous

DH5 Ambassador

Apple (iOS)

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:21 pm
@frozenLady: Content-related updates usually come after the duration of approximately 6 weeks interval from the last update. Considering that adamant has lasted for 2 weeks + already, perhaps the next one would come about a month from now, hopefully with the refined SH version.

Actually, the main reason why I'm posting would be a request for a relook into the current upkeep of the 'new' buffed champion minions.

Right now, there are several champions that stand out more than others in terms of surviveability, attack power and general traits. For example, the most evident champion that falls within this category would be the assassin, due to its durability and offense, but it sports its original upkeep of 100. This would've made sense in the past, since assassins were considerably 'easy targets', but not so much now since it excels over majority of the champions.

On the flipside, you've got the Ignicore at 140 upkeep, which is largely inefficient for its allocated upkeep. Neither does it have sufficient defensive or offensive capabilities, it falls too easily even against raiders who aren't of a stronger element to it. Additionally, she hasn't been buffed (in this update), so she naturally falls behind in preference compared to other champion types.
DH5 Guide Blog - https://dh5guideblog.wordpress.com/ 

"If you spend the whole day shuffling words around, you'll make anything sound bad." - Rick, from Rick & Morty

frozenLady

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:21 pm
@Zungedous: Thank you very much for your reply. To add some of my ideas in your above idea, I suggest that, when the Devs decided to "balance" minions, there should be an equal upkeep for each type of minions. For example, here is my suggested upkeeps for minions:
- champions: 80-100,
supporters: 50-60,
defenders: 40-50,
- ranged strikers: 40-50,
- melee strikers: 10-20

In addition, I don't know how they calculate and work out the upkeep limit (436). But I suggest it shoudl be 400, or 450 or even 500 in the future. 

Thank you.

P/s: It might seem off-topic but regarding the updates, I think there should be 2 or more themes in the future, and each theme contains two updates, and as you said, each update is given out every 6 weeks if things goes smoothly. I don't know when this game ends, but I hope that they will keep DH5 last longer than other previous DHs. The initial design/ideas/development of DH5 are very enjoyable and interesting.
no avatar

boz

Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:36 am
This game is better to be renamed as "Stunned Hunters".
Among the strongholds today,  3 of them had so many minions with Stun ability, that my char was totally disabled.
The most extreme case, I was only able to make one attack.  

Looks like the more the tweak, the worse the balance.
Every ability you guys bring in, got to make sure there's a counter measure.  

Easy fix options.
1. Alter the effect. Instead of disable the target, make it merely interrupt the attacking pattern, or disable attack, but still can move around, maybe even use skills.
2. Shorten the Stun effect to no longer than 0.5 second, and can't cumulate.
3. For every 1 second Stun, the target will be immune to Stun in the followng 4 seconds.
4. Shield to avoid being stunned.
5. Make sure 10% Stun chance never act like 99% Stun chance. 

Seriouly, guys, ensure that NEVER will be one item or feature that has absolute advantage over everthing else. There shouldn't and can't be an ultimate thing. No killer item, no killer ability.The only element in a game that can be superior than all the others, is the NPC, or game boss.

Same with WC gears. It's a very bad design in the game. I no longer open any chests, because that's pointless.Yet, the team still wastes resources for new gear art works.
 Diversity is the foundati​on to the longevity.
no avatar

boz

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:09 am
No, don't get me wrong. Most skills have their places, and I have obtained most of them.
And I don't mind being stunned.
I simply can't take excessive stun. That extreme is what I'm talking about.
Read closely. Too much Stun disables the char for the entire raid session.
And none of my suggestions asks to remove this ability.
When raid, or compete, we all need some fairness. 
And I don't want to see too many players pursuing Dodge so to avoid being stunned. Make all features and items useful. That's balance.​

Sorry, possibly a little take away and bully there. No offence.  

I'm here today in fact to praise two recent changes. 

1. Stronghold chest.
It's certainly a very welcome new feature. Items are limited, but this limit and the tranparency makes the minions and traps more tangible. The very least, I'm spending Gems again. Hope will soon see similar changes applied to Gear chests. 

2. Co-op.
It's very unstable at this point, crashes quite often. But when given stability, the reward is a good incentive for low level players, and it encourages them to engage with each other.  

One more thing. I assume it's yet changed. The max capacity of inventory at 600 is too limited.
In my case, 800 is what's seems proper. So, maybe increase that to 1000, for the sake of future expansion? 

mabaeyensIf you don't like to be stunned, you won't like to be feared, especially by keepers. You can be running all your 100% health without being able to make a singe hit.

Yes, one of the things they buffed in minions which I recall to have read here before the Adamant update was stunning. All minions are now capable to some extent of stunning. Plus walk through the Ashkardian Crypt and you won't move no matter your stats.

Anyway, there is one skill as "shield to not be stunned" which is Dodge. Dodge in keepers or raiders is super useful, and with the skills out there you can get a nice 30% dodge without spending a lot, just T5 maxing your skills and gear. Smoke Veil of course but some others also.
boz wrote:
This game is better to be renamed as "Stunned Hunters".
Among the strongholds today,  3 of them had so many minions with Stun ability, that my char was totally disabled.
The most extreme case, I was only able to make one attack.  

Looks like the more the tweak, the worse the balance.
Every ability you guys bring in, got to make sure there's a counter measure.  

Easy fix options.
1. Alter the effect. Instead of disable the target, make it merely interrupt the attacking pattern, or disable attack, but still can move around, maybe even use skills.
2. Shorten the Stun effect to no longer than 0.5 second, and can't cumulate.
3. For every 1 second Stun, the target will be immune to Stun in the followng 4 seconds.
4. Shield to avoid being stunned.
5. Make sure 10% Stun chance never act like 99% Stun chance. 

Seriouly, guys, ensure that NEVER will be one item or feature that has absolute advantage over everthing else. There shouldn't and can't be an ultimate thing. No killer item, no killer ability.The only element in a game that can be superior than all the others, is the NPC, or game boss.

Same with WC gears. It's a very bad design in the game. I no longer open any chests, because that's pointless.Yet, the team still wastes resources for new gear art works.
 Diversity is the foundati​on to the longevity.

no avatar

Anto_Martin

Veteran

My suggestions to The Stronghold.v2

Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:45 am
  1. Hi dev team syraan ,
  2. i would like to suggest my ideas for sh v2 and gears.i have poor vocabulary skills.hope u get on with it  
  3. 1aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.seasons I  hav observed that you guys can change layout of  default game home-during Halloween ,christmas n even  chinese new year updates u hav changed season which is very nice Now i put that idea into stronghold ,
  4. Lets break a day 
  5. 5am-10am. Early morning -natures time-every livingbeing gets up 
  6. 10am-3pm.mid tyme,uknow it alredy its suns time,fire element
  7. 3pm-8pm eve,due to heat ,rains clouds forms up giving thunderstorms, light element
  8. 8pm-1am,night ,dark elemnt 
  9. 1am-5am,water element ,coolest -winter What i m saying s ,bring seassons to stronhold ,
  10. ya ya there is alredy stroghold exists but Sh is for keeper I want Seasons to be gamble , u put changing sessions while raiding 
  11. Ex , lets take i m raiding a sh during dark(night tyme )i cant see no minions  i can oly see the minions near to me ,
  12. put that certain element of armor can take course action on night tyme ,suddenly the season changes to thunderstorms ,i  vill use nature thuders to kill keeper or thuder tyme enable littke bonus in ma armor like that
  13.  Lets put that nature tyme heals u up U need not take timings as i mentioned, if u find any idea in this u can change timings to every 5 minutes or no timings at all(random timing)
  14. Seasonal change in stronghold may help u or may drag u  Seasonal change to be a gamble 
  15. ,more sided to raiding player not to keeper,for keeper alredy sh exists    2
  16. 2Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.anime sets on chest /anime weekMost of gamers r animefan ,u should give us anime related armor/weapon if u canIn artwork competition, i cant upload already known thing Thts y im puting forth this idea
  17.   Fire set,- saiyan goku aromor,staff  (DRAGON BALL) 
  18. Green set- nature mode naruto armor,kunai like dual sword(NARUTO)
  19. Death set-hollified ichigo armor,greatsword zagetsu (Bleach) If u r an anime fan  u alredyknow  wht i am talking abt 
  20. 3.ccccccccccccc Fusion A fusion of  primary weapon secodary weapon attack (Weapon change+attack )pressing these simultaneously i get fusion of a dual swrd+gkaive Or greatswrd+glaive attack 
  21. Fusion shoukd  be used to get rid certain minion. Like  wen im facingvirorFusion can makeeasy Effect on voror ,but same attack at the time has no eefect on other minions   
  22. oru put it like u wen we use fusion we  exhaust little ,but fusion is much powerful  
  23. I made  video abt this  once  see this u villget it,i use these tricks while mission
  24. Link
  25. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsHquI5HHAM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  26. Ddddddddddddddddd
  27. Please add sum musics to default homescreen default music guy 
  28. THANK YU

HappyPollaT

Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:20 am
It seems that they are busing fixing the Assasin. Still no new information on this.