no avatar

Fangg

Windows PC

Since Windows 8.1 will no longer be supported I would like instructions on how to switch my account and progress to my new windows 10 pc.  Both will use the same Microsoft account sign on. Refuse to use Facebook account so can't use that to save progress. 

Do I need to uninstall the game from Win 8.1 pc and install on Win 10 pc, then simply login to Win 10 pc with the same credentials for Microsoft account logon?  Will that be recognized and connect to my current character/progress? 

Or will I need to create a new account on my Win 10 pc play through the first 6 levels and get the prompt to connect to my previous character account?

Can anyone help me understand the process I need to follow before I begin.  Others may find this usefull.

Thanks in advance.
no avatar

Fangg

Windows PC

Just this week on my WIN8.1 pc I finally see the "backup to a Microsoft account" button, previously just a button for backup to Facebook displayed.

So the process is quite easy.
1. On old pc backup to Microsoft account (press button, log into your account and get a backup successful message). Exit game.
2. Download game on new PC
3. Create character name (same if you want)
4. Play tutorial to level 5, and exit the game.
5. Open the game again, and you should see a prompt asking if you want to transfer your previous character to the new pc.
6. Select old character, and you're done.

Wish the backup to a Microsoft button was displayed before would have samed me a lot of unnecessary worry. Hope this helps someone else.