no avatar

Jevhen_Zernov

New Device, cannt get back my Account

Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:54 pm
Hello, i lost my phone ASUS Zenfone 5 with installed DH5, and played already about 6 mounths. Now i bought a new device Samsung A5, install DH5, but in first step i maybe make a mistake, and pres "a new device" and i think i registred a new Account (With same NAME?). There was a option to write some "code" of my previous account, but i haven't it and can't get anymore. So, now i'am with "new account?" in a tutorial. Previous Accout was registred or singed by Facebook, i have all emails with my payments. What shall i do? Please help me.
no avatar

mabaeyens

First try to remove the app, make sure you are using the same account in Google Play and that you see the app as already downloaded. If that is OK, then download the app and link it to your Facebook account. Note that Facebook does not store information about your gameplay or purchases, this all depends on your Google Play account (where you should actually see your purchases).

If that doesn't work, I suggest you to open a ticket with Customer Care and tell them your account details (basically email address linked to your character)
no avatar

Jevhen_Zernov

Everythink is ok, thank you a lot ;)
no avatar

mabaeyens

Jevhen_Zernov wrote:
Everythink is ok, thank you a lot ;)

Glad it worked!

If you don't mind share here what you did as others using Android and switching device can see what to do in case they experience the same issues.

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hello, thank you mabaeyens from helping OP and good to hear that the issue was resolved Jevhen_Zernov! About the question you've asked in your second comment mabaeyens, I can tell you from my personal experience since I switched phones within the same platform (Android) not that long ago. Firstly I linked by game progress with my Facebook account (it should work the same with the other SNS options) on the old device, then installed Dungeon Hunter 5 on the new terminal, launched the game and once I had the opportunity to connect with a SNS account I logged in with the appropriate Facebook credentials. As soon as I've done that I've been asked if I would like to continue playing on the new character or if I want to restore my previous progress. I chose the latter option and my game progress was restored to where I left it off.

In addition to that, there also the new feature in DH5 called "LINK DEVICE".
This feature can be used to transfer your profile from one device to another without being connected to any Social Network since it works based on referral codes (friend code).
This option is locates in the game's settings: Options - General - Link Device

I hope this helps!
no avatar

mabaeyens

Re: New Device, cannt get back my Account

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:38 am
Thanks for sharing! Didn't know about that feature, going to check it right away!
AlexYs FromGameloft wrote:
Hello, thank you mabaeyens from helping OP and good to hear that the issue was resolved Jevhen_Zernov! About the question you've asked in your second comment mabaeyens, I can tell you from my personal experience since I switched phones within the same platform (Android) not that long ago. Firstly I linked by game progress with my Facebook account (it should work the same with the other SNS options) on the old device, then installed Dungeon Hunter 5 on the new terminal, launched the game and once I had the opportunity to connect with a SNS account I logged in with the appropriate Facebook credentials. As soon as I've done that I've been asked if I would like to continue playing on the new character or if I want to restore my previous progress. I chose the latter option and my game progress was restored to where I left it off.

This feature can be used to transfer your profile from one device to another without being connected to any Social Network since it works based on referral codes (friend code).

I hope this helps!
no avatar

Luke_Barnsley

How do I link my account so I can play it on my PC?
Have done what it tells you too do and nothing, have logged out and back in on PC an WP8, have even uninstalled and reinstalled it and still nothing.....
no avatar

mabaeyens

Luke_Barnsley wrote:
How do I link my account so I can play it on my PC?
Have done what it tells you too do and nothing, have logged out and back in on PC an WP8, have even uninstalled and reinstalled it and still nothing.....

Already replied but one more thing: are you using the same account with the same payment method for both WP and PC Windows Store - Microsoft Store? Same version of Windows?
no avatar

Komandodh5

Re: New Device, cannt get back my Account

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:02 pm
AlexYs FromGameloft wrote:

I hope this helps!

Hello there, my cousin accidentally clicked to continue with new account, what to do now?

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hi Komandodh5, well his old character is now overwritten by the new one, however a backup of his old profile should still be available on the GL servers. Having said that please tell your cousin to open a trouble ticket about this matter with Customer Care, since the dedicated agents have the necessary tools at their disposal to help recover lost profiles. In order to contact them he should follow these steps:

- Tap the red G button at the top left corner of the screen
- Select the Customer Care button and read the Known Issues & FAQ section. If the answer to your question is not provided, you will need to contact an agent.
- To contact an agent, scroll to the bottom and tap the "My problem is not listed as a known issue" button.
- Fill out the form with as much detail as possible and hit the "Send" button. Note: This may NOT send your ticket yet!
- If a new "Knowledgebase Articles" page loads, please read through the content to see if your issue is answered.
To actually SUBMIT your ticket, please scroll to the bottom of the page and tap the "This didn't help. My problem was not listed" button. This will complete the process.
- You should then get confirmation the ticket was sent and an automatic message will be delivered to your email. An agent will follow up to assist further.

Best regards,