no avatar

Zhono

Google Play (Android)

I want my account back

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 am
I want my god damned account back. Your shitty crashes-10-times-per-hour game made me go out and buy a new phone just to try and getting it to stop crashing every 3 seconds. So of course when I installed the game on the new phone, it forced me to sit through the garbage tutorial for about the millionth time now. But instead of syncing my existing account when it was done, it over wrote my account in Google play games with the useless new account. Which of course promptly synced back the other way and over wrote the game on the old phone when I tried to access that to fix it. So now, my 2 year old account that I play daily(accept when you guys decide it should be broken for weeks for no reason), and I have spent money out the ass for gems and crap on, is just gone, with no means of recovery. I want my damn account back. Or refund me all the money I've wasted on your broken game.
no avatar

Zhono

Google Play (Android)

Re: I want my account back

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:31 pm
Repeated attempts to contact customer support have done nothing. Good to know that this is how you treat your paying customers. What a garbage company.
no avatar

Tudor FromGameloft

Community Manager

I want my account back

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:12 pm
Hey Zhono!

I'm sorry to hear that! Please share your ticket id with me as I can escalate your issue for a faster resolution. ;)
Hope to have you back in the fight in no time!

Cheers!
no avatar

Zhono

Google Play (Android)

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Tudor FromGameloftHey Zhono!

I'm sorry to hear that! Please share your ticket id with me as I can escalate your issue for a faster resolution. ;)
Hope to have you back in the fight in no time!

Cheers!

The ticket id is 15413217. But I haven't gotten any response since March 14th. Was asked for specifics on my account information, which I sent them, but then just nothing.
no avatar

miklosko

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:15 am
hmm... similar here... havent heard from support about 10 days... maybe they are on collective vacation... hmm
no avatar

Tudor FromGameloft

Community Manager

I want my account back

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:17 pm
Hey Zhono!

I've just escalated your issue so you should be contacted shortly.
@miklosko: You can also share your ticket with me to do the same. ;)

Cheers, guys!
no avatar

Zhono

Google Play (Android)

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:47 pm
So they finally got back to me. They said they "sent the latest save" and that I should load the game and wait a few minutes for a notification that I can restart the game to restore my character. I did that, but it never asked to restore anything. Just sat there asking me to create a new character. Do I need to play the tutorial yet again? Or something else. FYI, when the game started, it asked me to choose a Google Play Games account. I did NOT. I don't want it to somehow sync the wrong data again, even though I had deleted and unlinked both of those last week when no one was assisting me. Even with them removed, the game insisted on syncing back the bad account again somehow. Are accounts linked by some device id/MAC address? I hope not, because the day before yesterday my phone got an android update and when it was finished my wifi MAC had changed. Had to re-register it with xfinitywifi. I haven't responded to the new support email yet, until I know what's happening. I really want to be able to get my account back and not screw it up. Any advice on exactly what steps to take from here?
no avatar

Zhono

Google Play (Android)

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:16 pm
Okay, so I remembered I had a backup of a bluestacks install on my backup drive, which I had used to play the game at some point. I loaded that up, blocked Google Play Games, then opened the game. It picked up my characters and worked, finally. I clicked the button to link it to facebook, it did, and didn't mess anything up this time. Went back to my phone, loaded the game, and clicked the facebook button there. This time, if finally popped up the windows asking me if I want to keep the character on the phone, or the one on facebook. Selected the facebook one(which was now my good one) and the game restarted. My character is still there, finally working again. Thank you.

But now, that phone is still the old phone, i.e. it's going away in a few days, as I have a new one. How do I make sure this doesn't happen again? Like I said, the first time I tried to switch, it never asked me which character to keep, and instead automatically wrote the new character(tutorial character) into facebook/google, removing my good character. Since facebook worked this time, should I just only use that, and simply never try to sync with Google again?

Also, now that I'm back in my account, I notice that all my friends/allies have been deleted, and I'm not in my guild anymore.