Focaccina

[FEEDBACK] Trial Of Elements (aka T.o.E.)

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:33 am
Good day to all.

With yesterday/this morning it's finished the first T.o.E. (for android users) with nature element.
"So how did it go?" you will ask...

"Good" because...
...haven't the urge to play 23/h at days for ranks reward, so once I get my waypoint reward I was happy.

"Bad" because...
...with the average of 5k for attack/defense, starting from 30th waypoint it's became a pain (heal potions gogo) for advance.

Considerations?

♠ The level 20 waypoint's prize (one single basic feather ingredient) it's totally useless... why only one?
♠ The level 30 waypoint's prize (T1 trinket) it's totally useless too. If with 5k of attack/defense I cold sweat for survive for this... thing, better crafting normally... energy/time saved.
♠ The level 40 waypoint's prize (T2 trinket) it's out of reach. See point above. I think you need at least 6k attack/defense for trying... but this presume that you have already at least a trio of T2 trinkets for reaching this output.
♠ After waypoint 28/29... it's totally a pain. The difficulty scale too quickly, enemies are too strong and dealing too much damage, despite I have a strong element setup (example, full t5 Nature equipment against Darkeness waypoint).
♠ Hackers, hackers everywhere. This is a main topic not only here in forum but in my server chat too. True or not true? I don't know but it's really really strange see players that complete the whole T.o.E. after 3 days from event's begin (big spenders, maybe? Not totally sure).

So, in conclusion?

From Endless Dungeon to Trial of Elements there have been some improvements... but the average player (like me) it's forced to consume big quantity of healing potions / gems for trying to complete waypoints after 30, due to huge difficult scale. And don't think about revive, 50 gems it's simple a joke (better quit and try your low luck with lottery system for a chest).

The T3 trinket it's only a big illusion which seems withing reach for everybody... but like Wanted Challenge, it's only for BigSpenders™ and, seems, for Hacking"Smart"Guys™.

Your feedback about? ;)

Odyssey of a Ticket:
viewtopic.php?f=2101&t=292575
Shocking interview with a Dungeon Hunter 5 Developer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUhn8Oyxvo by ghostwheel
How it actually works the whole WC system: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOa0-S7nN2o thanks to Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Zungedous

DH5 Ambassador

Apple (iOS)

For me, I'm pretty satisfied with the event overall, mainly because it gives you 60 free gems.
As for clearing the waypoints, I can't go anywhere above WP 28 now (my previous endless record was WP 32) because I'm only sporting early 4k stats. (When normal minions deal 1k+ damage to your character, you know its time to stop. I'm not willing to burn through my pots to get through a level like that which doesn't give me rewards.)

Like what you mentioned, enemies after WP 25 are exponentially more difficult. At 4k def, I'm taking 800 dmg from WP 27 and 1000 dmg from WP 28 so I think it's really a matter of spamming potions and having many gems to spend on revive. Most of the players I see who have cleared WP 50 are have stats between 5500 - 6500+ range so I'm guessing that it'll be something worth striving for.

Speaking of finishing fast (*sarcasm intended*), the Asian(?) server already has players at WP 50 after 12 hours plus for this week's ToE. I'm not ruling out either possibility that everyone is insanely rich or that 'programme' is really effective.
But with the change of system from a leaderboard ranking reward-based to a waypoint clearing one, and from the standpoint of a player who has no chance in getting close, I'm fine with just receiving the free gems and one feather :).

P.S.: Somehow or rather, Murphy's law has been acting up and I've been getting a really low drop rate of Tier 2 light ingredients (which I'm trying to farm).
DH5 Guide Blog - https://dh5guideblog.wordpress.com/ 

"If you spend the whole day shuffling words around, you'll make anything sound bad." - Rick, from Rick & Morty

Focaccina

Zungedous wrote:
For me, I'm pretty satisfied with the event overall, mainly because it gives you 60 free gems.
 I'm fine with just receiving the free gems and one feather :).

Yup, you get the point!
Like the actual W.C. the only worthy prize for everyone are the gems! The only difference is in W.C. players can obtain fusion boosters and in T.o.E. crafting ingredients.
But the "final" prize's question/problem/hoax is the same.  ::)

Odyssey of a Ticket:
viewtopic.php?f=2101&t=292575
Shocking interview with a Dungeon Hunter 5 Developer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUhn8Oyxvo by ghostwheel
How it actually works the whole WC system: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOa0-S7nN2o thanks to Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Gameloft_Jp

Retired Community Manager

Montreal

Thanks for that extensive feedback. I know the dev team will appreciate :)

DoKtor_GonZO

Lost Angeles, Fornicalia

Yeah ... getting the T3 is completely out of reach for most players - especially with fire armor still nerfed and Allies going to sleep. I dig the free gems. I'd love to see a feather on every level completed too - then it'd be worth replaying them all. One feather for the whole deal is kind of weak.
“'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.”

-- Hunter S. Thompson