no avatar

Alana_Hunter

Game balancing needed

Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:31 pm
Hi there. I just want to let you know that the current clan wars system (I'm a WP user) REALLY needs some BALANCE. Only 3 clans get TOO MANY GEMS, and week after week, the same 3 clans are getting everything, so it's becoming harder for other clans to compete against them. It could be better if you give LESS GEMS TO MORE CLANS, so everybody could have a real chance to fight for the price.

Same happens with monsters, GREEN DRAGON, DEATH WITCH, and TURTLES are WAY TOO POWERFULL, meanwhile ELECTRIC WOLF, GREEN DRUID and GIANT TROLL, a.o. are ALMOST USELESS. The DEATH TRAP is also barely surmountable, so it would be trully appreciated if you invest some time to correct this situations.

Yours,

Alana Huntress!
no avatar

kreestof

Re: Game balancing needed

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:38 pm
I second this one. I know GL likes to cater to its high-end spenders, but this one fix that wouldn't particularly hamstring them and would level the playing field a little bit. As far as minions go, the mossback, witch, and turtle have been significantly nerfed in the last update, and the wolves and druids are much stronger than before. Fire troll is still weak, but the strongholds in general got a major nerf. If anything, they all need to be buffed a little more, but the guild competition suggestion I agree with.

Kaseus

DH5 Ambassador

Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:45 pm
Hi Alana,

I completely agree with you on the guils rewards to the top players in only 3 guilds. I suggest making the spread through the 1-10 top guilds. That would make much more sense and ultimately be a far better system.

I also understand your concern about minions Alana, but there will always be more powerful minions compared to others. Just have to bw lucky enough to obtain them. All minions can be taken down with enough of a fight and the right strategy.

*with the exception of the Light Sentinel atm* haha

Thanks,
Kaseus ^_^

dummy0151

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Weyhausen, Germany

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Kaseus wrote:
Hi Alana,

I completely agree with you on the guils rewards to the top players in only 3 guilds. I suggest making the spread through the 1-10 top guilds. That would make much more sense and ultimately be a far better system.

I also understand your concern about minions Alana, but there will always be more powerful minions compared to others. Just have to bw lucky enough to obtain them. All minions can be taken down with enough of a fight and the right strategy.

*with the exception of the Light Sentinel atm* haha

Thanks,
Kaseus ^_^

Forsaken sands update has already fixed the minions and brought new ones that are overpowered, along with a new trap that follows the same idea.

so she is stuck in kenashi patch. in the forsaken patch mossback dragon its not so overpowered, tormentors are with their fear reflect.
http://mobileforum.gameloft.com/forum_revamp/viewtopic.php?f=1816&t=255419
@Gameloft
XP rates have been adjusted to offer a better gaming experience. Thanks,

I do QA's job better than them, and i'm not even paid to that! that's why i'm not reporting the glitches either... 

DoKtor_GonZO

Lost Angeles, Fornicalia

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:57 pm
Part of the balance issue more the game mechanics themselves than any items in the game. DH5 is a "Goliath v. Goliath" endeavor. The only real "skill" is matching your gear to maximize attack/armor points and knowing when to deploy skills. The longer the game goes on, the higher the max armor/attack ratings players will get will be ... the only way GL can balance that is with bigger and badder Minions and SH rooms.

Compare this to a FPS game where you can decide to be a scout, sniper, machine-gunner, or rifleman. Even though a machine-gunner has better body armor and tons more firepower, a skilled scout player can beat him using tactics and the unique characteristics of his/her weapons and gear. DH5 doesn't have that aspect hardly at all. A player with 5K/5K will almost always go further than a player with 4K/4K (skill items being equal).

He's a "for instance" of how it could change. What if the concept of "stealth" were added. That is: how much noise you make determines how and when Minions realize you're there to attack you. Xbows make much less noise than staffs. Dual blades are quieter than glaives which are still much quieter than great swords. Big honkin' armor clatters more than "scout" armor which has lower armor ratings but more stealth. speed, and dodge rating. Now you could make dual-swords and x-bows do less damage in exchange for their stealth - and they'd also cost less as a result (fewer evo mat's, for instance).

So if this level was added you'd have two ways to approach winning. One way would be to do as is current: build big with staffs and greatswords and over-power the enemy. The other way is to go stealth - which would also cost less - but requires more work to develop and use the tactics needed to navigate a dungeon or stronghold without waking the whole place up. But it would allow a player with only 4K/4K "stealth" armor who spent the time developing his tactics to complete the same challenges that the player who spent more on 5K/5K armor did.

This also means that players could have some of their element sets be for "power" and some for "stealth". And all of a sudden there's another layer to the game.
“'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.”

-- Hunter S. Thompson