no avatar

Selfevidenttruth

Players quitting the game

Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:04 pm
As promised I've moved the discussion to this area of the Forum. JP, your comment that only the bravest and most engaged players can be stated in another way. Only those with the most money and the greatest amount of time to spend can hope to succeed in the challenges. Forget that stuff about "bravest", we're not children and that is only advertising hyperbole. I ask you, how do you define "engaged"? I am someone who has played the game consistently since it came out. I have spent thousands of dollars on it, check my iaps if you like. I've participated in the Forum often. I started a guild and it has a base of loyal members. Loyal like Ankhx, the player who walked away from the game because of frustration and anger over the fact that he wasted money and time on things that have been rendered useless by this policy of yours. If you're really interested in constructive comments, here's a few. Fix the crash problem. Bring back the wanted challenge cycle to allow everyone a fair opportunity to evolve the items they've played for. Stop the hackers by thoroughly vetting every single winner of the trial of elements and special events. Do a better job of testing new items before you put them up for sale, because the constant nerfing is perceived as a ploy to force players into spending more to keep up. I could go on but that's enough. You're advertisements often state that it's "time to prove your worth". Maybe it's time that you proved yours.

DoKtor_GonZO

Lost Angeles, Fornicalia

Re: Players quitting the game

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:29 pm
The bugs themselves aren't horrific, but the delay in getting fixes really ticks people off. The fire-armor bug is now a week old - it can't be that hard to fix. SH raids were crashing for weeks. Chat is still messing up.

As someone newer to the game (only a couple months) but with a lot of experience in the tech and game industries (well over 30 years), what I see is a game that caters way too much to the big-spenders. The WC gear can only be won by someone willing to outspend everyone else to get Top 50 - and if you miss, you just wasted $50-$100. The Endless can only be won by people with the time and money to hammer away at it. And that's fine ... I mean you have to provide stuff for the truly addicted player.

But everyone else is basically screwed because they have next to no chance to even compete in all these advertised events and there's nothing else for them to do but buy chests and evolve gear. Gamers tend to be rather clever and it doesn't take long to see that the deck is stacked against them. And then they bolt.

Also, I find the quasi-false-advertising of the chests very annoying. "You could win ..." ... yeah ... but you don't. More often than not you get a duplicate of something you already have. And chests are damn expensive to get such a low return on investment. This contributes to the feeling (whether deserved or not) that GL is only interested in maximizing profit.

I also play around with a FPS game called "Afterpulse" ... it's an OK game but they are constantly giving me free stuff if I log back in to play. So you don't feel "poor" all the time like you do in DH5. They also have a mechanism to regenerate items instead of evolving them - take 2 of the same kind of thing at the same level and you can generate a new random item out of that. Which is way more useful that the 9%-chance Super-Fusion that DH5 gives you ... which is next to worthless to begin with if you get it

I think another reason people bolt is that the end-game isn't that appealing. The end-game is you have 5 sets of 6K gear (or 7K if you're full-on nuts for the game). And then what? There are no new skills to learn, and most of the game is just repetitive grinding anyway. There's no co-op play. The scripted levels, while very well done, don't even give you decent gear. You can get top guild, but that's not really a matter of skill either - and all you win is stuff to let you get more gear - which you no longer really need at that point.

DH5 has a ton of potential. The animation and artwork and mechanics are really so well done. But there's not much depth except for big-spenders, and there really isn't a whole lot of skill involved that you don't have mastery of by Level 25.
“'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.”

-- Hunter S. Thompson

no avatar

Red69

Veteran

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:44 pm
I agree with everything said by the two guys before me.

After this last update, the people who spent the most on the game have the worst experience.  In the legendary league, everyone has 3+ full wanted sets, trinkets, and raid each other without fear of losing.  

Have you ever heard of the "Knockout Game"?  Inner city kids run up behind an unsuspecting pedestrian and hit them as hard as they can.  They get a point if the person is knocked unconscious. In an effort to get more points, the gangs will pick on elderly people and women.  Physically weak people who are unable to defend themselves.

That is what DH5 reminds me of now.  There is almost no way to set up a stronhold that defends once everyone is trinketed.  You look at the list of people and decide who you are going to "knock out".  Theres nothing they can do to stop you.

The "winner" in this system is the guy who raids every time his shield is down.  Win 2, lose a defense, wait 2 hours, repeat,  repeat...  If you want to rise to the top spot, just buy a shield at night because you cant raid every two hours.

Its just a **** gaming experience.

The key to fixing this mess?  Balance the game for the paying players, don't balance it for the free players.  I really don't care if some **** has a problem defeating a Mossback dragon.  After all, I spent hundreds of dollars to obtain one.

Focaccina

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:55 am
Yep totally agree with all of you.

JP already knows my point of view about... and this is the result:
Gameloft_Jp

You are choosing to interpret it this way.
If you think the Wanted Challenges are not worth the effort to fight for the top places, maybe you should focus your time in DH5 in other events/gameplay ?

"you don't say?" Image

That being said, I carefully take note of your feedback and will share it with the team in charge of the WC.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Thanks,

Hoping for the best? I don't know...

Odyssey of a Ticket:
viewtopic.php?f=2101&t=292575
Shocking interview with a Dungeon Hunter 5 Developer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUhn8Oyxvo by ghostwheel
How it actually works the whole WC system: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOa0-S7nN2o thanks to Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Gameloft_Jp

Retired Community Manager

Montreal

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:35 pm
Hey guys,

I know this is the hot topic of the moment, and I ensure you that your feedback is being forwarded.

Remember the energy debate ? The best way to induce changes is to have a constructive and respectful debate.

Unfortunately, there are changes that can't be done overnight... But we're working hard to bring them ASAP.

Thanks,
no avatar

Selfevidenttruth

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:15 pm
JP, being straightforward is not being disrespectful. My comments were to the point. I understand that changes take time. But there are several things that have been posted about repeatedly and you refuse to budge. This latest stance of yours (Gameloft) regarding the Wanted Challenges is one example. I haven't seen a single post in favor of the way it is now. On the contrary, there have been multiple posts that express dissatisfaction with the way it is. It's the same with many of the other complaints that seem to repeat in this forum. You've done some great things with the game. I for one will acknowledge that. But the suggestions I made at the start of this thread, if implemented would go a long way towards making this game better. That's my opinion and my suggestion.

dummy0151

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Weyhausen, Germany

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:33 pm
Selfevidenttruth wrote:
JP, being straightforward is not being disrespectful. My comments were to the point. I understand that changes take time. But there are several things that have been posted about repeatedly and you refuse to budge. This latest stance of yours (Gameloft) regarding the Wanted Challenges is one example. I haven't seen a single post in favor of the way it is now. On the contrary, there have been multiple posts that express dissatisfaction with the way it is. It's the same with many of the other complaints that seem to repeat in this forum. You've done some great things with the game. I for one will acknowledge that. But the suggestions I made at the start of this thread, if implemented would go a long way towards making this game better. That's my opinion and my suggestion.

being straightfoward IS offensive, never heard that "the truth hurts"? if it hurts, it's offensive. bingo!

alas, the team is with the old orbs idea "brainstorming" for a while. also jp is the community manager, you know, Google is your friend
http://mobileforum.gameloft.com/forum_revamp/viewtopic.php?f=1816&t=255419
@Gameloft
XP rates have been adjusted to offer a better gaming experience. Thanks,

I do QA's job better than them, and i'm not even paid to that! that's why i'm not reporting the glitches either... 

Gameloft_Jp

Retired Community Manager

Montreal

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:38 pm
Selfevidenttruth wrote:

Never said that you were being disrespectful :) I just wanted to ensure this was stated before the thread drifts apart.
I personally appreciate your constructivism and feedback. And I've shared it with the teams.
Now, this idea will be discussed by the teams in charge of the WC and they'll decide if they'll follow up on your suggestion or not.

Thanks,
no avatar

Selfevidenttruth

Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:27 pm
dummy0151 wrote:
Selfevidenttruth wrote:

being straightfoward IS offensive, never heard that "the truth hurts"? if it hurts, it's offensive. bingo!

alas, the team is with the old orbs idea "brainstorming" for a while. also jp is the
community manager, you know, Google is your friend.  

Dummy I can never quite decide whether you're being serious or sarcastic. Do you have anything constructive to add to the thread? Doesn't seem so. Most of your posts are garbled to the point that they seem to be the musings of a brain damaged person. Pick your marbles or what's left of them up and kindly stay away from my posts. And if you're offended by me telling you so, bingo! You get it!

Garbled

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:35 am
Selfevidenttruth wrote:
dummy0151 wrote:
Selfevidenttruth wrote:

alas, the team is with the old orbs idea "brainstorming" for a while. also jp is the
community manager, you know, Google is your friend.   

Dummy I can never quite decide whether you're being serious or sarcastic. Do you have anything constructive to add to the thread? Doesn't seem so. Most of your posts are garbled to the point that they seem to be the musings of a brain damaged person. Pick your marbles or what's left of them up and kindly stay away from my posts. And if you're offended by me telling you so, bingo! You get it!

If you choose do understand that way, then nothing can be done, even a wall of text will not change "the way you think and see" things. also the "buggy brains" phrase is old, why not innovate with the "sharp words" mai dear.

alas, the heavy usage of sarcasm may lead to hazard contamination warnings from Jp.

and i do have 2 members that felt they were ripped off with the new update, they claim to dislike the update because of what it did to minions. all they said was: no more gem buy.