DoKtor_GonZO

Lost Angeles, Fornicalia

Ch** Fi**er S**ks

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:01 pm
I understand why GL put in a filter on the chat - people will say naughty things. But it also filters words that are in the game like "mission", "speed", and "raid." It gets in the way of actual useful communication - a real pain when trying to help a new player. And if you've looked at the Global Chat recently, people have found ways to express their more carnal thoughts using alternate spellings and/or special characters.

So can the chat-filter at least be made a user option?

T***k **u
“'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.”

-- Hunter S. Thompson

Zungedous

DH5 Ambassador

Apple (iOS)

Re: Ch** Fi**er S**ks

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:13 am
Agree with you. It's pretty difficult to talk to people properly with this level of chat censoring.
There have been suggestions posted before to remove the filter for Guild chat, which I think too will be beneficial for the community.

The other gripe which I have with chat is that its not very well integrated with the game, making an emphasis that social connection with other players hasn't been clearly thought through.
So far, I think only 'bored' (waiting for energy to charge and don't want to spend extra gems) or 'needy' (requesting for allies/guild mates/help in missions) players bother to actively engage in the chat.
DH5 Guide Blog - https://dh5guideblog.wordpress.com/ 

"If you spend the whole day shuffling words around, you'll make anything sound bad." - Rick, from Rick & Morty

Gameloft_Jp

Retired Community Manager

Montreal

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:08 pm
Hello Doktor Gonzo,

We've been aware of this issue and are working on it.
It's actually a trickier task than what it looks like.
On the one hand, we don't want the filter to be too much in the way of communicating between people; on the other hand, we want to protect our youngest audience from seeing bad words.
Maybe a word in your language is ok, but in another language it's very offensive. Thus it's being blocked...

Being an user option might be a solution.
I'll share that idea with the teams.

Thanks,

DoKtor_GonZO

Lost Angeles, Fornicalia

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:24 pm
It's not just taking full words. Any time there's "iss" or "ur" or some other somehow "bad" letter combinations they get filtered. So I'm not sure it's even doing what you want it to.

At the very least you need a white-list of in-game words like "mission", "raid", etc. that are allowed.

Another option is to allow the guild leader to disable the filter on guild chat.
“'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.”

-- Hunter S. Thompson

Gameloft_JG

Dev Team

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:48 pm
Hey guys,

We have taken note of the language filter issue and will look into it. Thanks for bringing up the issue.
Dungeon Hunter 5
- Lead Level Designer

dummy0151

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Weyhausen, Germany

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:31 pm
Zungedous wrote:
Agree with you. It's pretty difficult to talk to people properly with this level of chat censoring.
There have been suggestions posted before to remove the filter for Guild chat, which I think too will be beneficial for the community.

The other gripe which I have with chat is that its not very well integrated with the game, making an emphasis that social connection with other players hasn't been clearly thought through.
So far, I think only 'bored' (waiting for energy to charge and don't want to spend extra gems) or 'needy' (requesting for allies/guild mates/help in missions) players bother to actively engage in the chat.

actually, players stay in the chat when they have nothing better to do in RL. when out of energy they close app... and of course, the chat bugs and disconnects everyone, forcing people to restart.
http://mobileforum.gameloft.com/forum_revamp/viewtopic.php?f=1816&t=255419
@Gameloft
XP rates have been adjusted to offer a better gaming experience. Thanks,

I do QA's job better than them, and i'm not even paid to that! that's why i'm not reporting the glitches either...