no avatar

DrGFreeman

Junior Member

Posts

11

shameless update

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:05 pm
Firstly allow me to say that I am a avid user of gameloft games, I consider myself a representative of the game and have played and contributed to the previous dungeon hunter games.
However this last update not only I, but many veterans of the game have easily been able to see through this shameless agenda. By effectively nerfing all the old traps and SH minions bar kenashi minions, you are forcibly making players to spend as much money as possible to buying the new gear for the SH and basically restarting players again however long they've played. I have no doubt that in the short term due to still seeing new players on the servers and the young ages of many naive players you will see your purpose served. However those of us who have seen just how ruthless you can be towards your loyal players and customers have taken note of this and will either boycott this game or not put more money towards it unless the balance is restored and more loyalty and respect is shown towards your customers. Frankly by not even mentioning any of the above in the notes of the update in the hope that it will all just be swept under the carpet is outrageous and hugely disappointing considering the game itself is a brilliant game and I along with the other vets of the game would have been the first to endorse it.

If you are unwilling to restore balance to the old minions and traps from the stronghold then at least justify your decision to nerf these items which doesn't include forcing players into using money to uptake your new facets of the update

DrGFreeman
no avatar

CT T

Senior Member

Posts

154

Re: shameless update

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:12 pm
+1
no avatar

LiLJaC11

Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

80

Re: shameless update

Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:20 pm
Or you could be stuck in update 3 limbo like all the Windows users.....
no avatar

hells_kitchen

Senior Member

Posts

346

Re: shameless update

Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:12 pm
Long time gamelofter here... Happens with all their games.
no avatar

DrGFreeman

Junior Member

Posts

11

Re: shameless update

Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:12 pm
sad state of affairs tho eh hells
User avatar

Gameloft_Jp

Retired Community Manager

Posts

2174

Location

Montreal

Re: shameless update

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:05 pm
DrGFreeman wrote:
Firstly allow me to say that I am a avid user of gameloft games, I consider myself a representative of the game and have played and contributed to the previous dungeon hunter games.
However this last update not only I, but many veterans of the game have easily been able to see through this shameless agenda. By effectively nerfing all the old traps and SH minions bar kenashi minions, you are forcibly making players to spend as much money as possible to buying the new gear for the SH and basically restarting players again however long they've played. I have no doubt that in the short term due to still seeing new players on the servers and the young ages of many naive players you will see your purpose served. However those of us who have seen just how ruthless you can be towards your loyal players and customers have taken note of this and will either boycott this game or not put more money towards it unless the balance is restored and more loyalty and respect is shown towards your customers. Frankly by not even mentioning any of the above in the notes of the update in the hope that it will all just be swept under the carpet is outrageous and hugely disappointing considering the game itself is a brilliant game and I along with the other vets of the game would have been the first to endorse it.

If you are unwilling to restore balance to the old minions and traps from the stronghold then at least justify your decision to nerf these items which doesn't include forcing players into using money to uptake your new facets of the update

DrGFreeman
 

Hello G(ordon?),

I'm sorry to read that.
We have lowered the upkeep of all traps and changed the minions system to provide a better balanced experience.
The goal was never to restart anything or "force" people into spending currencies (whether they're real or in-game).
There was no will to "sweep under" these changes, as we truly believe they'll improve the Stronghold experience.
I'm asking the dev team to take a look and provide you a more detailed answer :)

Thanks,
no avatar

Stormbright

Senior Member

Google Play (Android)
Posts

234

Re: shameless update

Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:09 pm
Gameloft_Jp wrote:
DrGFreeman wrote:
Firstly allow me to say that I am a avid user of gameloft games, I consider myself a representative of the game and have played and contributed to the previous dungeon hunter games.
However this last update not only I, but many veterans of the game have easily been able to see through this shameless agenda. By effectively nerfing all the old traps and SH minions bar kenashi minions, you are forcibly making players to spend as much money as possible to buying the new gear for the SH and basically restarting players again however long they've played. I have no doubt that in the short term due to still seeing new players on the servers and the young ages of many naive players you will see your purpose served. However those of us who have seen just how ruthless you can be towards your loyal players and customers have taken note of this and will either boycott this game or not put more money towards it unless the balance is restored and more loyalty and respect is shown towards your customers. Frankly by not even mentioning any of the above in the notes of the update in the hope that it will all just be swept under the carpet is outrageous and hugely disappointing considering the game itself is a brilliant game and I along with the other vets of the game would have been the first to endorse it.

If you are unwilling to restore balance to the old minions and traps from the stronghold then at least justify your decision to nerf these items which doesn't include forcing players into using money to uptake your new facets of the update

DrGFreeman

 

Hello G(ordon?),

I'm sorry to read that.
We have lowered the upkeep of all traps and changed the minions system to provide a better balanced experience.
The goal was never to restart anything or "force" people into spending currencies (whether they're real or in-game).
There was no will to "sweep under" these changes, as we truly believe they'll improve the Stronghold experience.
I'm asking the dev team to take a look and provide you a more detailed answer :)

Thanks,

JP I must disagree strongholds have been seriously broken now, was in master 3 but I have dropped back into master 2 because I've had 1 successful defence since the update (probably a crash on there part) I am loosing 40-50 trophies each time only getting 9-28 back when we raid, I have tested my stronghold before it used to take about 1/2 health possibly more with certain elements now I can just wander through hardly any damage sustained even when I used wrong armour, I've tried all sorts of combinations still easy, I find it the same when raiding other strongholds as well.

I have played dh3, dh4 and now dh5 and for the most part enjoyed the game but now it just seems all you are interested in is how many gems you can get players to buy & use I am seriously looking around to find another game to play as the game's loosing my interest I've spent ages leveling up item's to use only to be made useless in the next update via nerfing or new mega stat weapons and armour released.
User avatar

Gameloft_JG

Dev Team

Posts

20

Re: shameless update

Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:57 pm
Hello Mr. Freeman,

I assure you, we are not trying to nerf all the minions and traps.

For example: we have not nerfed the Dark Voror, nor do we plan on doing this. It fits a very particular anti-range role and we are happy with it. We also buffed the Kenashi Family (as a whole) and the Immortal Guardian in Update 5.

We are producing very powerful minions with particular synergies and mechanics in order to deeper then strategy in the Stronghold. Despite this attempt, some minions were consistently showing up as the “Best in Slot” minions. This is something we felt we needed to address. The Mossback and Harbinger are pretty good examples of this. Their flight-times were too long in comparison to their landing/take off/in flight damage.

In summary - we will continue to improve and adjust minions for their roles in order to better fit the Stronghold meta-game.
Dungeon Hunter 5
- Lead Level Designer
no avatar

Talaxis

Senior Member

Apple (iOS)
Posts

251

Re: shameless update

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:40 am
Gameloft_JG wrote:
Hello Mr. Freeman,

I assure you, we are not trying to nerf all the minions and traps.

For example: we have not nerfed the Dark Voror, nor do we plan on doing this. It fits a very particular anti-range role and we are happy with it. We also buffed the Kenashi Family (as a whole) and the Immortal Guardian in Update 5.

We are producing very powerful minions with particular synergies and mechanics in order to deeper then strategy in the Stronghold. Despite this attempt, some minions were consistently showing up as the “Best in Slot” minions. This is something we felt we needed to address. The Mossback and Harbinger are pretty good examples of this. Their flight-times were too long in comparison to their landing/take off/in flight damage.

In summary - we will continue to improve and adjust minions for their roles in order to better fit the Stronghold meta-game.

You nerf 90%+ of all minions and traps and then have the audacity to claim your intent wasn't to nerf them all?  You might want to consider a career in politics as truth & reality don't seem to hinder you like they do most of us.  The only reason you didn't nerf the voror knight is becasue it's a new minion and situationally dangerous.  The immortal gatekeeper has been a joke since introduced and although you didn't nerf him you sure managed to **** him up with invincible mode.  The Kenashi family of minons were stupidly underpowered when released so you had no choice but to buff them for the big spenders who had to have them all.

This broken game seems to break more every update (immortal keeper invulnerability, freakishly strong tormentor, fire armor bug, guild chat bug, not getting daily gems, ice blast one shot).  I probably missed a few, but I've already listed more bugs, than new features realeased in the last update.

Fix the game, and quit ripping us off and lying to us.
User avatar

Garbled

Junior Member

Posts

16

Re: shameless update

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:41 am
Talaxis wrote:
Gameloft_JG wrote:
Hello Mr. Freeman,

I assure you, we are not trying to nerf all the minions and traps.

For example: we have not nerfed the Dark Voror, nor do we plan on doing this. It fits a very particular anti-range role and we are happy with it. We also buffed the Kenashi Family (as a whole) and the Immortal Guardian in Update 5.

We are producing very powerful minions with particular synergies and mechanics in order to deeper then strategy in the Stronghold. Despite this attempt, some minions were consistently showing up as the “Best in Slot” minions. This is something we felt we needed to address. The Mossback and Harbinger are pretty good examples of this. Their flight-times were too long in comparison to their landing/take off/in flight damage.

In summary - we will continue to improve and adjust minions for their roles in order to better fit the Stronghold meta-game.

You nerf 90%+ of all minions and traps and then have the audacity to claim your intent wasn't to nerf them all?  You might want to consider a career in politics as truth & reality don't seem to hinder you like they do most of us.  The only reason you didn't nerf the voror knight is becasue it's a new minion and situationally dangerous.  The immortal gatekeeper has been a joke since introduced and although you didn't nerf him you sure managed to **** him up with invincible mode.  The Kenashi family of minons were stupidly underpowered when released so you had no choice but to buff them for the big spenders who had to have them all.

This broken game seems to break more every update (immortal keeper invulnerability, freakishly strong tormentor, fire armor bug, guild chat bug, not getting daily gems, ice blast one shot).  I probably missed a few, but I've already listed more bugs, than new features realeased in the last update.

Fix the game, and quit ripping us off and lying to us.
 

the greatsword bug that persists since the kenashi update (sometimes it does not deal damage), the chat is buggy since the game was released... the minions teleporting can also break a raid because the minion may not come back after teleporting to another dimension.