no avatar

LiLJaC11

Google Play (Android)

"Official Announcement" tab

Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:18 am
How about using this tab to officially announce update 4 for Windows is delayed due to ..... That'll be better than leaving the entire Windows community leaving DH5 in droves. The natives are getting restless. Seeing the IOS / Android communities 2 updates ahead doesn't help things.

DoKtor_GonZO

Lost Angeles, Fornicalia

Re:

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:11 pm
This is needed for the entire platform. Ever since the last update players are showing up in Global Chat wondering why their Fire armor lost bonuses - or not really noticing that the Daily bonus requirements had changed. There's also still issues with Guild Chat. But there's no status/announcement tab to let players know about these issues or when an update has been submitted to the appropriate App Store to fix them. 

I don't think many players check the forums, but they'd all check a "news" or "status" tab within the game. It could save a lot of angst amongst the players if there was even this meager amount of near-real-time feedback from GL.

Or maybe that's the role "Ambassadors" are intended to provide?
“'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.”

-- Hunter S. Thompson

Zungedous

DH5 Ambassador

Apple (iOS)

Re:

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:23 am
Actually, for windows players, they should release prompt updates instead of saying 'it'll be here ASAP'. Windows users have been way back-dated and perhaps just posting a weekly/bi-weekly announcements stating the progress of the incoming update.

Something like 'Hey guys, Windows update is 75% done! Can't pinpoint the exact date but here's a screenshot of what to expect' would be mildly comforting to players instead of keeping them in the dark or posting apologies on the forum.

For the other players, it'll be best if each update comes along with a full update log, or a weblink to it, rather than posting announcements of new in-game features, especially new gear or minions (which clearly shows how profit-driven GL is). The full update log should include all the changes and not just the major ones.

Example:
- Mossback Dragon nerfed to smaller AOE radius damage when taking-off/landing
- Smoke veil nerfed to max 15% dodge.
Etc. etc.

@DoKtor_GonZO: That said, I wonder what are the actual role of "Ambassadors" within the game. I looked through the application form previously but they seem to have no additional privileges from GL and have to represent the game (not sure through what means or methods).
DH5 Guide Blog - https://dh5guideblog.wordpress.com/ 

"If you spend the whole day shuffling words around, you'll make anything sound bad." - Rick, from Rick & Morty

Gameloft_Jp

Retired Community Manager

Montreal

Re: Re:

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:16 pm
LiLJaC11 wrote:
How about using this tab to officially announce update 4 for Windows is delayed due to ..... That'll be better than leaving the entire Windows community leaving DH5 in droves. The natives are getting restless. Seeing the IOS / Android communities 2 updates ahead doesn't help things.

DoKtor_GonZO wrote:
This is needed for the entire platform. Ever since the last update players are showing up in Global Chat wondering why their Fire armor lost bonuses - or not really noticing that the Daily bonus requirements had changed. There's also still issues with Guild Chat. But there's no status/announcement tab to let players know about these issues or when an update has been submitted to the appropriate App Store to fix them. 

I don't think many players check the forums, but they'd all check a "news" or "status" tab within the game. It could save a lot of angst amongst the players if there was even this meager amount of near-real-time feedback from GL.

Or maybe that's the role "Ambassadors" are intended to provide?

Zungedous wrote:
Actually, for windows players, they should release prompt updates instead of saying 'it'll be here ASAP'. Windows users have been way back-dated and perhaps just posting a weekly/bi-weekly announcements stating the progress of the incoming update.

Something like 'Hey guys, Windows update is 75% done! Can't pinpoint the exact date but here's a screenshot of what to expect' would be mildly comforting to players instead of keeping them in the dark or posting apologies on the forum.

For the other players, it'll be best if each update comes along with a full update log, or a weblink to it, rather than posting announcements of new in-game features, especially new gear or minions (which clearly shows how profit-driven GL is). The full update log should include all the changes and not just the major ones.

Example:
- Mossback Dragon nerfed to smaller AOE radius damage when taking-off/landing
- Smoke veil nerfed to max 15% dodge.
Etc. etc.

@DoKtor_GonZO: That said, I wonder what are the actual role of "Ambassadors" within the game. I looked through the application form previously but they seem to have no additional privileges from GL and have to represent the game (not sure through what means or methods).

Hey,

Thanks for your constructive feedback.

The problem with being too public about the development's timeline, is that many people will feel entitled to something that might not finally occur when planned.

For instance, if we say that the update is 90% done, people will feel it might come soon. But hickups in development can make those remaining 10% last more than planned. Or on a complete different aspect, people might start a riot over a detail of the update.

Our experience shows that either way, there's going to be some backlash from the community. Therefore, we prefer have it when we have something that's certain (whether it's a release date, or a feature).

Adding to the NEWS post, there's always an extensive changelog on the Wiki (http://dungeonhunter5.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog).

Sharing the informations and being Bounty Hunters that the community can trust is indeed one of the missions of the Ambassadors.

Let me know if you have additional questions :)

Thanks,
no avatar

LunaRossa

Re:

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:38 pm
** removed from author **

DoKtor_GonZO

Lost Angeles, Fornicalia

Re:

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:39 pm
The changelog stops at 1.4 ... so none of the issues now being faced by players are addressed, nor are the changes for the last release. And I do empathize - I run a massive Rails web app in my day job and I'm positively tragic about posting updates to change-logs.

But there's a difference between posting dev timelines and a simple 1-liner on a "status" tab saying something like: "We're aware of the fire-armor bug and are working on it." That accomplishes a couple things: it gives players an instant answer about a problem they're seeing, and it demonstrates to players that GL is actively engaged.

And ... of course ... a lot of players won't read the forums or the wiki. They'll show up in chat asking "WTF is happening?" So a simple status tab helps deal with that. On my own codebase we put that in as a ticker because our users rarely read emails when we told them about things like impending down-time due to database maintenance - but when it was on their screen using the app: they noticed.
“'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.”

-- Hunter S. Thompson

Gameloft_Jp

Retired Community Manager

Montreal

Re:

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:46 pm
Hey,

Changelog for update 5 is yet to be published. Same goes for all the wiki updates. It's on my to-do but I'm a bit swamped this week...

Noted for the suggestion. We used to have a sticky message in the chat. Might be an option.

Thanks,