no avatar

Soswald73

Apple (iOS)

Re: Community Race

Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:58 pm
Personally, I believe the facebook data mining is being overblown in its significance and is being fueled by partisan politics in the US. 

​Maybe I am wrong and there is some real potential for harm to facebook users from this, and yes I have read some analysis about why we should be worried about this but am unpersuaded. 

​In the end- there have been only something like 3000-4000 likes added on because of this little drive and it seems to be stalling and in danger of falling short of the first goal of 235,000 likes- let alone the second goal of 240,000.
no avatar

Aether Net

Windows PC

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:31 pm
Soswald73 wrote:
Personally, I believe the facebook data mining is being overblown in its significance and is being fueled by partisan politics in the US. 

​Maybe I am wrong and there is some real potential for harm to facebook users from this, and yes I have read some analysis about why we should be worried about this but am unpersuaded.

Suffice it to say, whilst it's not been a direct threat. It can easily become a much bigger issue (as Cambridge Analytica aren't the only ones who've harvested data from Facebook profiles): so much "indirect" data is there, that when pooled together can show remarkable information about people, and that's why I refuse to join in on this front for adding a like.
​In the end- there have been only something like 3000-4000 likes added on because of this little drive and it seems to be stalling and in danger of falling short of the first goal of 235,000 likes- let alone the second goal of 240,000.

I hope for all players it reaches the mark, but again in my previous post, it almost seems like it was planned to fail by Gameloft because of the timing of Facebooks current issues (which invariably will have some impact on likes, and of course data that is collated by Facebook for further analysis).

BUT. It is a FREE gift, so it's not like it's asking anything (directly) of players in return. I just hope that Gameloft gets it through to them that certain things are a "no go" during certain periods of time.

For example, over on Dragon Mania Legends. When the first Divine Dragons were released, IMMEDIATELY after it finished, one of the Divine Dragons became available again. And it shocked the community. Those dragons which can only be (effectively) bought, and "not coming back any time soon", came back "the next day" (sort of). I made a point, that had DML left it a few more weeks for Halloween, where the Hades (the Divine Dragon inquestion) would have been thematically perfect to reappear in as a special prize, no one would bat an eyelash. But because it was put straight after the even finished, it raised unnecessary suspicions over Gameloft. Anyway, going off topic now. But I would hope that Gameloft would recognise not to repeat such poorly thought out outcomes further ahead in (both) games futures.

Nocdar

Google Play (Android)

New England, USA

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:46 pm
I had already liked their facebook page quite a while ago. Although, I hardly ever go to facebook anymore. They are sooo yesterday.
In the good old days we had Keepers
VIP 8
Samsung Galaxy tab 4   Android 5.1.1
New England, USA