Aqvi Teig

Veteran

The update has brought a new feature. Any guild members can start a guild war. I writing this to have this feature immediatly removed. It is an idea implemented by someone who has absolutly no idea how war play out.

I understand this feature was made for people in guilds where the leader and the officers (if there are any) never start a war. But if someone is in such a guild, maybe they should just leave. Almost every single new guildmate we had attempted to start a war, alone. I know that cause they complained they couldn't. This new feature is basically giving free points left and right and screwing up entire organisation and planifications done by the guild. For any guild war, we need to gather people first to take full advantage of the time we can play. As a guild, we aren't strong enough to mess up and win. And most guilds are in this case.

jaguarr

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Our guild has made the same observations about this change as yourself, Aqvi, and would also like to see this "feature" removed pronto.
no avatar

Deluge76

Same goes for our guild. We want to be challanged, not fight against one single member who pressed the button, while the rest of his guild is asleep or whatever.

Original-Dom

really bad idea.
Two gamers
no avatar

ShierazShah

Worst idea ever.

dummy0151

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Weyhausen, Germany

what did you expect from vivendi?

not to mention that wars are disabled on my iphone (also on other peoples here *in chat* too)
*thats gonna be my main message by now i think*
http://mobileforum.gameloft.com/forum_revamp/viewtopic.php?f=1816&t=255419
@Gameloft
XP rates have been adjusted to offer a better gaming experience. Thanks,

I do QA's job better than them, and i'm not even paid to that! that's why i'm not reporting the glitches either... 
no avatar

I'm-Yur-Huckleberry

As the leader of a guild, I think that the new change to allowing ANYONE to declare a Guild War is a horrible new change, made by someone who obviously does not play the game.  As Aqvi stated above, within the better more competitive guilds it is all about cooperation and planning as a group. When newer guild members come on they often attempt to start a war on their own, with no regard for the success of the schedule that their guild may have planned out.  This change essentially makes having Officers pointless, and takes the control of the guild, as well as its success out of the hands of those who lead it while creating the potential for more confusion within the guilds.  The GW's reward system is already very flawed to where most guilds I know are beginning to question if GW participation is even worth the rewards given, and now with this new change, it will only be that much worse.  
PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK TO WHERE ONLY OFFICERS AND LEADERS CAN 
DECLARE A GUILD WAR !!!

book

This is a really bad idea, but it's made even worse by a longstanding bug. As it is, you can queue for a battle, then queue again (and again...) That's presumably because not everyone sees that their guild is queued, so the start battle button is still active, quite often for the player who started the queue. This change will spawn countless orphan battles as members of a guild try to start overlapping battles. I expect most will show up as unplayed stalemates, but massive confusion will be the result.
no avatar

Red69

Veteran

I doubt Vivendi would have any knowledge of the game at this level, but departing employees or those dissatisfied with corporate culture might apply a "scorched earth" policy to the game.  Purposely implement devastating bad policy to impact bottom line.

Can't imagine that a sane person who understands the game would implement this.  Also doubt that vivendi has any visibility of this issue.

DoKtor_GonZO

Lost Angeles, Fornicalia

Tragically bad and awful idea. Remove it.
“'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble.”

-- Hunter S. Thompson