no avatar

Sidratul_Muntaha

Windows PC

Community Race

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:21 pm
I love DH5 for quite a long time, although the latest account I'm playing is only 1-2 month old. Today, I just got the notification of "Community Fan Race".

I immediately shared it with my timeline, my friends, and everything I could.

However, how do you ensure that only I will get the chest, not others? Or, are the chests free for all? I'm really confused.
no avatar

TheRealExodus

Apple (iOS)

Re: Community Race

Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:12 pm
Sidratul_Muntaha wrote:
I love DH5 for quite a long time, although the latest account I'm playing is only 1-2 month old. Today, I just got the notification of "Community Fan Race".

I immediately shared it with my timeline, my friends, and everything I could.

However, how do you ensure that only I will get the chest, not others? Or, are the chests free for all? I'm really confused.

Did you not realize it's a Facbook thing go to DH5 Facebook page to see offical "rules".
no avatar

Sidratul_Muntaha

Windows PC

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:34 pm
Everyone will receive the prizes? YAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

All we have to do is promote DH5!!!!!!!!!!!!
no avatar

Soswald73

Apple (iOS)

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:26 pm
There are 230,000 likes in the entire time the game has been on facebook.  What are the odds of getting 5-10k more likes in a week.

Isabella_Gameloft

Community Manager

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 am
Hi everyone :) It is pretty exciting!! @soswald, the page is already on 233K :) SO close to the first milestone!
no avatar

yui

Windows PC

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:47 am
> Everyone will receive the prizes?
no, there are people like me who never register spybook and/or bakatter
no avatar

Soswald73

Apple (iOS)

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:58 pm
I should have said it here- instead of a different post.  It appears that I was wrong and that we may make the first milestone.

That said, the time is still limited and progress isn't quite fast enough without another big bump.
no avatar

Aether Net

Windows PC

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 pm
Surprised Gameloft decided to utilise Facebook considering Facebooks recent troubles regarding privacy. This would actually make it more likely players would not use it straight away until it's cleared out over some time.

Suggesting Gameloft deliberately chose Facebook, either to farm data themselves, to help Facebook recover some users, or to deliberately spite the players (or a combination of).

The news regarding privacy on a third party (Facebook) can't have been something they missed themselves. And any campaigns to do anything shouldn't have utilised it as the main source of community interaction. But maybe that was just me.

Isabella_Gameloft

Community Manager

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 am
@Aether Net

This is a fan page, fan pages don't collect emails or any other personal data, you don't have to link your profile to use the page. I understand your concerns but Dungeon Hunter and Gameloft are not associated with the whole data/privacy news going on at the moment at all :)
no avatar

Aether Net

Windows PC

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:04 pm
@Isabella_Gameloft

Thank you Isabella for clarifying that Gameloft are not amassing information. However, to satisfy my curiosity. I clicked on the page in game which lead to opening the page on a browser window.

This lead to the Facebook DH5 Fan page. Whilst this in itself is not an issue, it provides further analytics information to Facebook regarding activity that can be traced via commonly associated IP to users. So pages associated with Facebook may not know who is visiting the page, but they can log what was seen at with what IP. This can in turn be crosstraced with existing and previously held IP data from users of Facebook. Over time, this uncertainty becomes more of a certainty, which puts user privacy at risk.

So whilst Gameloft and Dungeon Hunter may not be harvesting info, this promotion being run "does" help Facebook further mine information about users. And that is why I was saying I am unsure whether this was the right time for Gameloft to utilise a Facebook page to run the promotion, considering the situation with regards to privacy relating to Facebook.