no avatar

Rhinogaming

70$ for a T5-T6 upgrade?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 pm
It's been a while since I wanted to talk about this and I guess this is the right place. We already have a currency issue in the game where nothing makes sense as Ive explained in another post but this one is easier to address.

70$ for a t5-t6 upgrade? 90$ for 2! legendary chests?

Is there anyone who actually pays for these? I bought 3 AAA PS4 titles, full games! And it still cost less than 70$! I'm not sure if the marketing department of the game knows this but 70 USD is a lot of money. I can't imagine why anyone beside a child or a multi billionaire would think these prices are acceptable.

Maybe I'm wrong. What do others think?
no avatar

Nevermores

Android

Re: 70$ for a T5-T6 upgrade?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:31 pm
I think it is already very clear at this point that this game only care about how much money it gets not customers satisfaction. Just look at the current LH and never-ending crash issues.
no avatar

ToriLoops

Android

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:57 am
The manangment of in game products aint consistant at all. I will give a simplr example for that.
After the star of DH5 the was only gear and sh chests, it was realy hard to get skills also there where only few of them. Then GL started to build more and more of them, every update a new a and OP, it waa realy hard to get them, I my self had the luck to pull back then Haste, SV and MR from the begining, MR the first FS update.
Then they stop making them and focused on legy skills OK but ppl should spend 2-3+k on gear(it was the only way to get skills) chest to get IS. SThen they boosted the drop rates of IS for new player, then for all players. Several updates agoo they give us our 2 years wanted skill chest amd legy skills where good to obtain 2k gems and a legy skill should but not 100% drop. This update bring the game back from the start 2.5 yeara ago... since the only way to get the new legy skill is to pop up 15k gems/Iphone X 60-70 % price to get it.
no avatar

smurf 2.0

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:05 am
I know some who buy legendary chests regularly. True enough, money does not seem to matter to them (so much). I have not come across a single player who has bought a t6 upgrade (or any other upgrade). I totally agree, the prices are way above what I would consider reasonable. Whales used to have a bigger advantage, though, nowadays leg chests and diamonds are up for grabs without too much effort.

In fairness, GL / Vivendi is no charity organisation but an enterprise, thus them trying in maximize their income is to be accepted. It would be interesting to learn the details behind their pricing model. For sure they could increase their turnover by reducing prices, but apparently the extreme margin per item sold works out better for them. A prime example of the snob effect if that is the case. Secondly, by forcing people to grind rather than buying their way up they keep them interested in the game (works with me, been playing close to 2.5 years, no PS4 game kept my interested that long).
no avatar

ToriLoops

Android

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:21 pm
Yea I am 100% for GL to make money cuz goood game are build with money but they should realize that 3 players have to spend 500$+ to get one item in LH, Why not 100 per 200$.  They just dont know how to atract ppl to spend, ppl aint stupid.
no avatar

petry

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:00 pm
@Rhinogaming, 70$ is a bargain! I've got a limited time offer to upgrade my T5 legenday belt for just 111€ (about 125$)...