Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Ulf250

Windows PC

MSN login will stop working

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:06 pm
Hi there,

I am not sure if I was supposed to post this in "Technical Issues" or "Discussion", so I apologize if I am writing this in the wrong category...

I have updated the game this morning and upon opening it I am getting this warning saying that "from the 1st of November MSN login will not work anymore".

So here's my question...
I play on my laptop, with Windows10. I downloaded the game via the Windows Store. But the email registered for my Windows (and Windows Store), is a hotmail email address... does that count as a MSN login? Or am I safe by playing via Windows Store regardless of my email address?
Several of my Clan mates are worrying about it too.

I already lost my first game months ago because my Android couldn't support your updates anymore, I don't want to lose this game too!

Thank you for your reply :)
no avatar

borgepitZa

Windows Phone

Re: MSN login will stop working

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:50 pm
Hi.
This massage posted to me.
how can i transfer my account to another social network either facebook ??? casue in my country facebook is blocked!!
no avatar

borgepitZa

Windows Phone

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:51 pm
I think it because the Windows phone is dead! :((

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:08 pm
Um, MSN login doesn't really work as a progress saver - the game isn't downloaded through MSN Games, so it doesn't see it; it was a (poor) substitute for Xbox connection on phones when the Xbox connection was no longer supported due to Windows phone programming changes. Since you're on a PC, do you have a Microsoft account or do you just go to the store and download? If you have a Microsoft account (any email address works to create this), you either have or can get a free Xbox Live account, which CAN be used to save your progress on any Windows PC/tablet. Get the account, download the Xbox app and sign in. XBox will find and register all of your Windows store games, track your achievements and, because DML is considered an Xbox Live game, save your game progress. Once Xbox has found DML, open the game, go to Options > Connect to Social Network and make sure you're logged into Xbox. Once that's done, barring the occasional glitch, DML will automatically login to XBox whenever you open the game. Of course, there's always Facebook, which works on PC/tablet/phone.
Device/Platform: Lenovo Flex 5 and Surface Pro 3, running Windows 10
Server: EUR (EUR GOLD)
Game connection: XBox, FB​

Recruitment code game 1: 1c8c00
​Recruitment code game 2:
ac808d
A Dragon for Every Occasion 

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:18 pm
@borgepitZa, if Facebook is blocked, I think your only options are to play on a Windows PC/tablet where you connect to Xbox; switch to the Android or iOS platform with a new phone; or take a chance that everything keeps working. If you decide to switch, check this forum first for any of many threads on how to switch platforms, because you will have to go through Customer Care to get it done.

In any event, write down your recruitment code (on the Recruit a Friend tab), server and Gameloft Player ID (Options > Info > About, starting at line 3 of the rolling credits) and platform (Windows), then keep that in a safe place. If you do lose your progress, immediately contact Customer Care - with this information they can retrieve your progress.

ac808d
no avatar

Ulf250

Windows PC

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:54 pm
Thank you Critter for your reply :)

I have noted my ID, platform and recruitment code to be safe. I play installed the game from Windows Store and it is marked as a Xbox Live game, so I'm guessing I shall be fine :)

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:19 pm
Okay, but I do recommend linking to Xbox in-game. Progress retrieval is painless with it; without can take days or weeks, depending on Customer Care's workload.

ac808d
no avatar

Scorpy_ct

Windows PC

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:54 am
Hi there,I have updated the game and upon opening it I am getting this warning saying that "from the 1st of November MSN login will not work anymore".I play the game on 2 pc-s, a desktop and a laptop, under the same Microsoft account, 2 different games. i try to change the microsoft account on the laptop, but by mistake i delete the progress of the game from the laptop and lost that account. I must said i dont know the recruiment code, just user_ Scorpy , level 90.What can i do? Excuse my english.... Thank you
no avatar

Scorpy_ct

Windows PC

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:58 am
i forgot to say... i send to the Custumer care a request, ticket ID is 16910842, but nothing for now. Thank you again!

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:30 pm
@Scorpy_ct, do you mean both games were connected to the same MSN account? Never mind. I have 2 separate games which I play on whichever device I'm using at the moment - Windows tablet/laptop/PC:

Main game:
A Microsoft (not MSN) account that I use to sign in to the Windows Store, with a free Xbox Live account - both use the same email address. This is the main login on all my Windows devices and my game is connected to Xbox, which saves my progress and also tracks achievements. The game is installed as an app and is not accessible unless signed in to this account (a program such as Adobe Reader or Microsoft Office is accessible by all users of the device). The game is also connected to a Facebook account for the same reason I connect to XBox - it saves my progress; a Facebook connection can also be used on a Windows phone.

Second game:
A different Microsoft (not MSN) account using a second email address (you can get a free one with outlook.com, gmail, whatever you want to use) that I use to sign in to the Windows Store, with a free Xbox Live account - again, both use the same email address. I created a second user profile on all of my Windows devices and sign in to the second profile using this account, connecting my second game to this Xbox account, which saves my progress and also tracks achievements. The game is installed as an app and is not accessible unless signed in to this account. This game is also connected to a second Facebook account for the same reason I connect to XBox - it saves my progress.

I can play the games on separate devices, but I usually just play on one device at a time, switching games by signing out of one profile and signing in to the other. The user profiles always appear on the sign in/lock screen - just pick which one you want to use. Having different desktop backgrounds makes it very easy to know which profile I'm using at any time. Because the games are apps and only accessible by signing in to the right account, the progress doesn't get mixed up and having to uninstall/reinstall the game in one user profile doesn't have any affect on the other profile. Separate profiles are a great solution when sharing a device with family members - each person has their own profile.

When I do have to uninstall/reinstall the game (this will happen at some point), I connect the reinstalled game to my XBox account and retrieve my progress.

ac808d