Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Keith Armitage

Windows PC

My Asphalt 8 Airborne game on Win 8.1. did a game reset back to zero on August 28 for no apparent reason. I have written and called customer support and there is no help. I can still see my game awards and history by selecting the Xbox logo, but each time I launch the game it is back to brand new player. Is there a fix or work around for this? I have an large investment in this game....Many thanks for any insight!

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hey everyone, we haven't given up on this and we still have hopes that MSFT can sort out the issues on their end and let the update through. While Critter's linked article is a bit concerning, from what I can tell only newly submitted apps should be affected by the October deadline (apps currently on the store, like DML in our case, should still be able to receive updates for the foreseeable future.) There's also a couple of workarounds that will provide players with the option to continue their DML progress (that's in case they're fed up waiting for the update to become available in the store), which I'll mention below:

1) Upgrading your device to Windows 10 if that's possible. Do note that your DML profile should be linked to a social network account inside the game, else you won't be able to recover it once you've installed the app from the Windows 10 Store. In this situation, only customer care can help you recover your old progress.

2) Moving your progress to an iOS or Android compatible device with the help of the customer care team

If you choose the 2nd option, make sure to return here or to simply start a new thread with your transfer request, including the ticket ID you've made with Customer Care so we can try to expedite the procedure.

Thanks,
Community Support Manager @ DML / MCVS / MLP
Please note that unsolicited private messages sent to me won't be answered.
Please use the appropriate sections of the forums or the Customer Care website.
no avatar

drobenar

Windows PC

Ahoj, mě se při poslední aktualizaci hra odinstalovala a znovu již nelze nainstalovat. Vždy mi hlásí, že počítač nesplňuje požadavky, přitom dle parametrů by neměl být problém.
no avatar

palamax

Windows PC

Any news on the solution?, theese things happen always when a event is active...

Ionut_Vladulescu

Windows PC

Dml is "dead" for windows 8.1  a)
Old player for new stuff...and some FUN
Recruitment code: 8eaf36  -  Android EUR~GOLD

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Still no news on this one sadly. :( It's worth considering the 2 workarounds that I've mentioned in my last reply if you don't want to wait any longer for a solution from MSFT. All the best.

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hey, so I have received some new info on this matter: the roll out for the update @ Windows 8.1 has started a few days ago, by now plenty of players should see it in their Microsoft Store.Thank you.
no avatar

palamax

Windows PC

Good evening,

now the problem is even worst.

Few days ago I've seen the app update was deployed on the microsoft store, try to update many times and for many days, but no cigar.

Today THE APP HAS DISAPPEARED from the computer alltogether, and it is not possible download it from the store AGAIN.

My doughter has put a lot of effort, and I have even put some money, into this game, please dont tell me that all is lost...

Sorry for the caps, but I hope you understand the frustration.

Thanks

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Really sorry that this has happened to your daughter, palamax. :(
From what I know, the Microsoft Store on Windows 8.1. is still acting up for a good portion of userbase on this OS, and several similar cases have been reported on other Gameloft apps. I presume that the same behavior can be observed on non-GL apps. Seems like a long shot, but I'd advise clearing the Store's cache. Please check below, if you don't know how to proceed with this:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.
3. The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Let me know if any of this is helpful with the issue at hand.

Dynamo-Deepblue

Windows PC

It's doing it again--saying the update is mandatory but the Windows 8.1 store is saying it doesn't exist. Will it take 2 weeks for this to get solved again...? I really wanted to keep trying for the Red Scale Dragon I was breeding at the time and I won't be able to keep trying if I can't get into my game with the update that released on 10/11/18.