Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hello, it's an issue on Windows Store side, and our team is already working with Microsoft to make Update 4.0 available for Windows 8.1 players, too. However, it seems that it's getting harder and harder to release new updates on this specific OS. By the way, as some of you have already suspected, this is happening with the majority, if not all the apps from the W8.1 store, and not only ours. :/

Also, there's no point in trying the steps I've listed 1 month ago as the actual update is not present/visible in the store at the time of this post.
Community Support Manager @ DML / MCVS / MLP
Please note that unsolicited private messages sent to me won't be answered.
Please use the appropriate sections of the forums or the Customer Care website.
no avatar

palamax

Windows PC

Thanks for the update, at this point should be a better choice to realize a way to move the progress to other OS/platform, soon enough windows 8.1 is not gonna work anymore, should all player lose theyr progress?

Ionut_Vladulescu

Windows PC

I uninstalled yesterday dml and i still can't download dml at this moment...is any update released for windows 8.1?
Here is my post i've made https://forum.gameloft.com/viewtopic.php?f=1804&t=652899
Old player for new stuff...and some FUN
Recruitment code: 8eaf36  -  Android EUR~GOLD

no avatar

KristyB

Windows PC

As of right now, I haven't been able to play my game for 3 days :( I am sure that my clan has kicked me out. PLEASE fix this!!!

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

palamax wrote:
Thanks for the update, at this point should be a better choice to realize a way to move the progress to other OS/platform, soon enough windows 8.1 is not gonna work anymore, should all player lose theyr progress?

Yes, unfortunately, Windows 8.1 is out of any support except critical security updates (even the original version of Windows 10 no longer gets mainstream support). However, your progress remains on the Windows EUR or APA servers. If you upgrade to Windows10 on your current device, you simply get DML updates from the Windows 10 store; if you buy a new Windows 10 device, as long as your game is linked to Facebook and/or XBox, just download a fresh copy of DML onto the new device, connect to your FB or XBox account, select the correct progress, and start playing.

If you don't want to (or can't) upgrade to Windows 10, you can put in a request to Customer Care to transfer your progress to the iOS or Android platform. It's a manual transfer that can take days or weeks, depending on workload, but your entire progress - dragons, islands, habitats, gold, food and gems - is moved over. What doesn't move is your friends list or clan, as the members of both remain on the old platform.
Device/Platform: Lenovo Flex 5 and Surface Pro 3, running Windows 10
Server: EUR (EUR GOLD)
Game connection: XBox, FB​

Recruitment code game 1: 1c8c00
​Recruitment code game 2:
ac808d
A Dragon for Every Occasion 

Lady K

Veteran

Windows PC

At this point I'd recommend thinking about upgrading to Windows 10. I did on Sunday after this debacle and I'm not minding the new OS at all... and it was free for users who have an existing legal 7, 8 or 8.1 license. And, I didn't have to wipe my PC either. I selected to keep all my files and programs.

In my experience transfer to another OS will take months quite literally. And, no way would I want to downgrade from a nice big screen and high res to Android tablet... so it would probably be easier to upgrade to Windows 10. That's just my preference (plus I already have a game on Android).

DML doesn't appear to work on Android emulators for PC either.

Edit: And it was a boon for me for space on my old Surface Pro. I've been frequenltly getting down to 500MB of free space for a long time and already had to clear out a bunch of stuff to keep running. Now I've got 13GB of free space YAY.

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

Not a recommendation, exactly, but DML can successfully run on the current version of Bluestacks based on reports from those who do so. However, it can be a problem with other GL games where use of a simulator is prohibited.

ac808d
no avatar

KristyB

Windows PC

Yes, unfortunately, Windows 8.1 is out of any support except critical security updates (even the original version of Windows 10 no longer gets mainstream support). However, your progress remains on the Windows EUR or APA servers. If you upgrade to Windows10 on your current device, you simply get DML updates from the Windows 10 store; if you buy a new Windows 10 device, as long as your game is linked to Facebook and/or XBox, just download a fresh copy of DML onto the new device, connect to your FB or XBox account, select the correct progress, and start playing.
If you don't want to (or can't) upgrade to Windows 10, you can put in a request to Customer Care to transfer your progress to the iOS or Android platform. It's a manual transfer that can take days or weeks, depending on workload, but your entire progress - dragons, islands, habitats, gold, food and gems - is moved over. What doesn't move is your friends list or clan, as the members of both remain on the old platform.

I can't believe they would just leave people without a way to play the game.  I mean I had just bought gems and the last time i tried to play on my account on a different device it didn't work.  I lost everything. :(  I am hoping that they will be able to fix this.

CritterFeeder

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows PC

@KristyB, if your game is connected to Facebook or Xbox, you can play on any Windows device (well, except for Windows 8.1). If you tried to play on an iOS or Android phone/tablet, then no, it wouldn't work as DML is not cross-platform.

As for leaving people without a way to play the game, just about every new program, app, game, etc., along with updates, that isn't self-contained (basically, simple code) is designed to run on 'current' operating systems. Even universal apps generally require current operating systems to run. Windows 8.1 is how old? For more bad news regarding 8.1, see http://www.eweek.com/mobile/microsoft-s ... ps-oct.-31.

ac808d

dbcurrie

Dragon Mentor

Windows PC

USA

Maybe it's because I'm so tired, but that's one of the most confusing things I've read in a while. It seems to say that developers can upload updates to Win 8.1 apps, but they will only be distributed to Win 10 devices, and then they give different dates.

I'll have to read it again when my brain engages again.