Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.

Eerakcaz13

Windows PC

Update doesn't install Windows 8.1 laptop

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:15 pm
I was able to install the last update but this one downloads and acts like it is installing but no love.

Windows 8.1 with all windows updates current.

flushed my cache.

uninstalled DML and reinstalled(restarted after uninstalling)

Any help or people that have had similar experiences is grealty appreicated.

Thanks.

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hello Eerakcaz13, there is a known issue occurring with the Windows Store that prevents our team from pushing the update to our Windows 8.1 users. The DML Windows team is now waiting for Microsoft to sort out their issues so they can make the update available on this specific OS. As soon as we have news in this regard we'll be sure to let you know. Thanks.
Community Support Manager @ DML / MCVS / MLP
Please note that unsolicited private messages sent to me won't be answered.
Please use the appropriate sections of the forums or the Customer Care website.
no avatar

Marge_Murray

Windows PC

Having same problem today with Windows 10.  On past days when I started Dragon Mania it said there is an update.  Today it said that I Must install the update, click OK.  So I clicked OK.  I get the Microsoft Store window with the balls going in circle. That seems to go on forever and eventually I get a message that there was and error.  Don't seem to be able to get the update.
no avatar

Nuno Caetano

Windows PC

Marge_Murray wrote:
Having same problem today with Windows 10.  On past days when I started Dragon Mania it said there is an update.  Today it said that I Must install the update, click OK.  So I clicked OK.  I get the Microsoft Store window with the balls going in circle. That seems to go on forever and eventually I get a message that there was and error.  Don't seem to be able to get the update.

May not solve your issue Marge_Murray but did you tried to clear and reset the store cache? It is simple, in the dialog box type wsreset (with the store running) and let it run and then try to get the update. You can check some indications here in this page, maybe solve your problem  https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/150 ... -10-a.html

Just to be clear this fix does not solve the Windows 8.1 problem since there is no update available on that particular OS, believe me, i tried it many times already lol
Started playing DML February of 2016 on server Windows-Eur, Recruitment code 8884b.
Proud member of Dark Magic Dragons :)

Battle Dragons - Divine : Zeus, Taiyi Zhenren and Aphrodite
                  Legendary : Autumn, Sumo, Pixie, Guardian and Warlord
                          Epic : Horn
All battle dragons are lvl 80 4 stars
Working on Legendary Princess and Divine Chang´e next to lvl 80 ****

Eerakcaz13

Windows PC

thanks for the help everyone. I am in the process of updating to windows 10 right now. I emailed gameloft tech support.

Supid Micro$oft.

Hopefully I can update DML after updating windows.

Sora Crosszeria

Windows PC

552/5000  Hello!

First of all, my apologies for my bad english.

Now, i have had the same problem with this last update of DML (i have Windows 8.1), when i give the option to Update in the store it appears that there are NO updates. :(

Although i already read that it is a problem with the store, i wanted to inform you, since it is asking me for a mandatory update and i am NOT allowed to enter the game anymore.

I hope they receive a prompt response from Microsoft and that we players can download the update soon and continue playing quietly.

Thank you.

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Hello, I've just provided an update in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2089&t=596828&start=10 (I'll keep sharing news in there as they come).

With that said, it would be best if we focus the discussion surrounding this topic in one place as we don't want to overload the first page of this forum with threads about the same issue.

Thanks,
Community Support Manager @ DML / MCVS / MLP
Please note that unsolicited private messages sent to me won't be answered.
Please use the appropriate sections of the forums or the Customer Care website.