Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.

Jovi

Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 5:41 pm
Daedus.Wolfe wrote:
I've already got everything in this event. my kids have everything except the ironclast. Too bad they don't have different prizes for different brackets on this one.

Yup, but I like the idea that they put these event dragons into solo, so every player gets a chance to win them at their own pace.

Now they also increased to 10 days, making it easier for working adults or kids in schools.

I am also hoping that they put everyone into correct brackets, but the backend coding may take some time - i guess.

Jovi

Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 5:45 pm
arielle wrote:
It would be nice to see a legendary as the grand prize for the solo, especially since one of the benchmark prizes is a legendary habitat. And instead of basic easy to breed dragons as initial benchmark prizes, it'd be way better IMO to have food or gems instead.

Basically it'd make more sense for each of the tier prizes to complement one another and ultimately the grand prize. As it stands, the prizes are just random with no relation, connection or relevance to one another.

I agree that those basic dragons should be changed to something else. Maybe they should provide "dragon tokens" as reward where players can select from a range of common, uncommon, rare or epic dragon. Otherwise, duplicate dragons take up space... like who needs another "Eel" dragon with such low gold rate.

Other than food and gold, I think it is time for special items, artifacts that can help in battles. Maybe even special Decors that can also have functions as such growing food/gold/gems.

Xuzu

Veteran

Fri May 15, 2015 6:48 pm
jovi wrote:
I agree that those basic dragons should be changed to something else. Maybe they should provide "dragon tokens" as reward where players can select from a range of common, uncommon, rare or epic dragon. Otherwise, duplicate dragons take up space... like who needs another "Eel" dragon with such low gold rate.

Other than food and gold, I think it is time for special items, artifacts that can help in battles. Maybe even special Decors that can also have functions as such growing food/gold/gems.

That would be a fun concept :)
no avatar

Daedus.Wolfe

Bismarck, North Dakota, United States

Fri May 15, 2015 11:07 pm
jovi wrote:
Yup, but I like the idea that they put these event dragons into solo, so every player gets a chance to win them at their own pace.

Now they also increased to 10 days, making it easier for working adults or kids in schools.

I am also hoping that they put everyone into correct brackets, but the backend coding may take some time - i guess.

Until they base brackets on dragons and the skills AND they drop any kind of influence that player level has, the brackets will not be competitive.
On Android devices
no avatar

Desire

Google Play (Android)

Sat May 16, 2015 6:02 am
Those brackets won't matter either there's not enough people with high level Dragons to make brackets like that. The high end players will win stuff for free because they are in brackets alone.

Really the brackets need to be split in half at the least so there's only 2000 people in a bracket and not 5000 or whatever it is now.

Jovi

Veteran

Sun May 17, 2015 1:57 am
Daedus.Wolfe wrote:
Until they base brackets on dragons and the skills AND they drop any kind of influence that player level has, the brackets will not be competitive.

Try to stock up resources to win... I have stocked up for several weeks now, and aiming for the festive events when we are going to expect legendary such as:

edit:
Lantern festival (Chinese), Jul/Aug: Lantern dragon
Halloween, October: Skeleton dragon
Christmas, December: Reindeer dragon

Not sure if I missed any.
no avatar

LadyMisil

Sun May 17, 2015 2:12 am
Lynn R. wrote:
I agree that this game has gotten very tedious and boring. My only inspiration for staying is to advance on Heroic Mode. If that desire fades away soon then I'll probably leave the game, because everything's moving too slowly and there's not enough to do while I wait. I might check in a couple times a day to put two dragons in the breeding den, collect Gold, and collect Food. Maybe use my Energy if I feel motivated enough. This game isn't a very long term one. It moves too slowly to the point where people lose interest. There needs to be a balance between slow-paced and fast-paced material. The only truly fast-paced material is the Campaign Map, and you can't advance on that unless you swim through the slow-paced things like farming enough food to advance. Then after you spend days and maybe weeks collecting, you can only advance a few tiles on the Map, which takes less than a day. Then it's back to stockpiling for weeks at a time.

I have a simple suggestion. Play more than one game, and not necessarily both DML.

I have a game called HearthStone. I love it but the quests come out only once a day. 1-2, at most 3 hours and I am done. What to do after one hour? Well, I play DML in the meantime, and another game when DML slows down. (Hasn't yet for me because my dragons only level 30, lol!)

I cannot handle more than 3 games, and I am retired.
Greed is good?? Greed kills.
no avatar

Drac-girl

Sun May 17, 2015 2:32 am
I play 3 DML's, Dungeon and Gems, and another battle game called Gunspell. I am never bored, but I only have eighty dragons.
no avatar

Sorin0311

Google Play (Android)

Sun May 17, 2015 7:38 am
You play 3 DML on the same device? I am tenting to start another account but I am afraid that I loose the old one. How should I proceed?

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun May 17, 2015 10:31 pm
LadyMisil wrote:
I have a simple suggestion. Play more than one game, and not necessarily both DML.

I don't recall ever saying that I play / have multiple DML files. I don't enjoy this game enough to do that. And one of the reasons that I've started to disdain this game is exactly because I've played other games in the meantime. This game is just so boring in comparison. In my mind, it loses to other games in factors of amusement because there are many other fast-paced games that I can play as opposed to this slower paced one where I have to spend months stockpiling food to clear a five-quadrant map. I've collected pretty much all of the dragons I've wanted (which look boring now because of the lack of model variety) as well as nearly finished the Codex, and have almost completed all of the achievements that don't involve Friends. My island is very self-sufficient and I can max out all of my habitats whenever I wish. I have more Gold than I know what to do with, and I do well in the events that I actually bother to participate in. This game is just not satisfying to me anymore. The single food bottleneck has made it too slow, and now I'm nearly over the game. I'm glad that you all are enjoying it though.