Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Figment

How to mine side quests?

Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:28 am
I'd like to pick people's brains. I've seen "mining side quests" mentioned as a strategy for gaining food/gold/scrolls. At what level does that become feasible? My experience is that the side quests level up faster than I can afford to feed my dragons. Is there a point at which the side quests stop leveling? Are there other tips for "mining" side quests?

Thanks.

illidanx

Veteran

Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:14 am
Figment wrote:
I'd like to pick people's brains. I've seen "mining side quests" mentioned as a strategy for gaining food/gold/scrolls. At what level does that become feasible? My experience is that the side quests level up faster than I can afford to feed my dragons. Is there a point at which the side quests stop leveling? Are there other tips for "mining" side quests?

Thanks.

The side quest level is based on your dragon levels, so there is no point leveling up your dragons to beat the side quest. The total level of the enemies in a side quest can be up to 6 level higher than total level of your dragons. If you have a team of 3 good epics with all level 6 skills, you can 3 star them consistently. Then you can repeat the side quest again and again.
no avatar

Aquaziell

Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:17 am
Are side quests the one where the scrolls refresh frequently? Sorry for that question. ^^;
no avatar

Figment

Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:22 am
I see. That's very helpful. I need one more clarification. I'm copying your related response from the food thread below. What do you mean by "latest 3-mission or 4-mission" sidequests? I've looked through some of your other posts, and I understand that you say the most recent sidequests have the best rewards. So I understand that I'll get more food from just repeatedly farming sidequests near my current position on the campaign map. And "3-mission" means find a sidequest which is part of a series of 3 sidequests? So that when I finish the first sidequest in the series, the next one is ready to go?

Thanks!

illidanx wrote:
There is only one thing to do, that is to take advantage of the side quest system as much as you can. Every day the system refreshes a side quest 3 times. You should ignore all side quests except the latest 3-mission or 4-mission one, so when the system randomly looks for one side quest refresh, that's the only one it can find. You need a good team of dragons so that you can consistently 3-star that side quest. Then you can farm that side quest 3 times a day for about 10 scrolls a day. If you have heroic mode as well, that's 20 scrolls a day.
no avatar

Figment

Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:23 am
Aquaziell wrote:
Are side quests the one where the scrolls refresh frequently? Sorry for that question. ^^;

Right. That's what we're talking about.

illidanx

Veteran

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:24 pm
Figment wrote:
I see. That's very helpful. I need one more clarification. I'm copying your related response from the food thread below. What do you mean by "latest 3-mission or 4-mission" sidequests? I've looked through some of your other posts, and I understand that you say the most recent sidequests have the best rewards. So I understand that I'll get more food from just repeatedly farming sidequests near my current position on the campaign map. And "3-mission" means find a sidequest which is part of a series of 3 sidequests? So that when I finish the first sidequest in the series, the next one is ready to go?

Thanks!

That is actually one side quest that has 3 parts. The system only refreshes it if all 3 parts are 3-starred and when it does it refreshes all 3 at once, so you gets 3 matches for the waiting time of one(approximiately 8 hours). And ofcourse, when it refreshes, you should try to 3-star all 3 as soon as possible before the next system refresh.

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:24 pm
Another reason for side quests are that they usually (not always) have a mine. I keep these clear of hostile takeovers because they provide dependable income several times a day. Plus you acquire income when you take them back from the invaders..and they usually have lower level dragons for each players level. Some people scoff at maintaining these...but with 5 mines on each island...and an increase of income on each successive island (except the first) it can really add up.

Also, the side quests (all the battles actually) are supposed to challenge you..make you think and feed a greater variety of dragons. Because sometimes you need a certain element to readily defeat the challengers. If all your battle team members are strong in Fire or Metal...(as an example) you may need a strong Air to really get those 3 stars. And you must get 3 stars on all of the side quests for them to recharge themselves. Otherwise the 1 or 2 star will just fly a scroll until you do.

And remember each successive island will become more difficult and challenging. Feeding and advancing your dragons is never ending.

I hope this is helpful...in clarifying a few more points...there is so much to learn in what is basically a simple game. LOL

Happy dragooning!
no avatar

Figment

Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:03 pm
Got it. Thanks a lot.