Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Roost

San Diego, California, United States

Idea for how breeding works

Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:40 am
Idk if there is evidence to point towards exactly how breeding works but my belief is each dragon calculates the chance of giving 1,2, or 3 if its an epic elements, then if it chooses to give 2 elements it randomly selects 2 of its 3 elements to give. This would allow for the game to not have to have a table for every set of possible combination of which there would be a lot of. However I don't know how the game would deal with situations where both dragons give 2 elements resulting in a dragon of 4 elements, maybe it checks if there is an epic combination of any of the 4 or just chooses to trash one of the elements randomly. Also I'm assuming if it comes up with a combination that does not result in an epic it probably just runs the calculation again. Also this could explain for common uncommon dragons because when the combination results in a bielemental dragon it would just have to use probability for choosing the common or uncommon. By all this logic increased level would just be increased likelyhood of giving multiple elements and epics are just better at making epics because of the increased chance of donating multiple elements. Just my take let me know what you guys think
no avatar

BarbieG

Mesa, AZ

Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:03 am
Nice theory, but IDK I've tried breeding legendary (monthly) dragons like cosmos, using only rare or epic dragons, and still get mostly common or uncommon result. I think it's really all just random. Like the computer takes all he elements from both parent dragons and tosses them in a hat then picks 2, 3 or 4 out don't know how it dcides the number of elements, but I think it's all random
BarbieG
no avatar

llssn

Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:24 am
Ive chalked it up to dragons of the week and month are calculated differently and thus fall under a different coding probability than typical breeding. Notice how plasma and smoke don't have void? Yet, we see that this combo gives a chance to breed phoenix.
no avatar

Roost

San Diego, California, United States

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:28 am
llssn wrote:
Ive chalked it up to dragons of the week and month are calculated differently and thus fall under a different coding probability than typical breeding. Notice how plasma and smoke don't have void? Yet, we see that this combo gives a chance to breed phoenix.

True or it could just be when both parents give both elements resulting in a 4 element dragon, very unlikely because the chance one gives more than one element squared, could result in a probability, I just wish they would really explain the mechanics of breeding better.