Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

rebelgirl

leveling up dragons

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:05 am
Hey guys, since I have many dragons now it's getting harder and harder to make them reach higher levels with food. Is it important to have all of your dragons on the same level or is it better to focus on the ones you usually use in battle?

Carol M

Veteran

Windows PC

Dublin, Ireland

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:09 am
rebelgirl wrote:
Hey guys, since I have many dragons now it's getting harder and harder making them reach higher levels with food. Is it important to have all of your dragons on the same level or is it better to focus on the ones you usually use in battle?

Focus on your battle dragons and spread lower earners with higher earners so your habitats dont cap too quickly especially if you are going to be away from the game for a period of time. If the habitats cap you are not earning.

cornedbeef

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:11 am
The higher level they are, the more gold they collect. The more gold they collect, the more food you can buy.

You need to balance this with how often you load the game and collect food. Different habitat types have different food collection caps. You should level up dragons in your void, energy, metal habitats first, as they have the highest caps and you won't be wasting gold collected by high level drags in, say, a Fire habitat because the cap is reached very quickly.

It's very cheap to get all dragons to level 10 minimum where they earn ~1500 gold per hour.

At some point you will want to minimise the number of Fire/Earth/Wind/Water habitats in favour for Void and Energy to maximise your gold collection cap.

Chasing the Chrono fragments by entering the caves regularly will require you to level up different dragons.

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:19 pm
rebelgirl wrote:
Hey guys, since I have many dragons now it's getting harder and harder to make them reach higher levels with food. Is it important to have all of your dragons on the same level or is it better to focus on the ones you usually use in battle?

Since you're going to constantly be hitting walls in the Campaign Map when your dragons aren't high enough in level (which will stunt your Gold income if you're relying on your fighters), your main reliable source of income will be your dragons in habitats. Leveling up your battle team is important, but take the time to level up your collection of dragons as well because they'll provide more money for you to buy food with. I would recommend leveling up your highest earners (your Void / Energy / Metal types, and, of course, Legendary if you have any) and making sure that you have the habitats with the highest Gold cap as possible (Void, Energy, and a few Metal. Legendary not so much, because the cap is relatively low and you can only place two dragons in each as opposed to 3 with other habitats). After your high earners in high gold cap habitats are situated, level up your lower earners (Starting with Plant then rare Water types) in their habitats. You can level up Fire, Wind, and Earth if you really want to, but it's not Gold efficient to waste much food on them since they don't earn nearly as much as other types and are stuck in low gold cap habitats.

I would recommend high earners to be roughly level 20+, while low earners are fine at around level 15 (or level 15 for high earners and 10 for low ones if you don't have a lot of resources yet). The more extra food you have to spare, the more you can consider leveling up your lower earners a little to catch up slightly to your higher ones.

snapdragon33

Veteran

Windows PC

USA, tennessee

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:38 am
Lynn R. wrote:
Since you're going to constantly be hitting walls in the Campaign Map when your dragons aren't high enough in level (which will stunt your Gold income if you're relying on your fighters), your main reliable source of income will be your dragons in habitats. Leveling up your battle team is important, but take the time to level up your collection of dragons as well because they'll provide more money for you to buy food with. I would recommend leveling up your highest earners (your Void / Energy / Metal types, and, of course, Legendary if you have any) and making sure that you have the habitats with the highest Gold cap as possible (Void, Energy, and a few Metal. Legendary not so much, because the cap is relatively low and you can only place two dragons in each as opposed to 3 with other habitats). After your high earners in high gold cap habitats are situated, level up your lower earners (Starting with Plant then rare Water types) in their habitats. You can level up Fire, Wind, and Earth if you really want to, but it's not Gold efficient to waste much food on them since they don't earn nearly as much as other types and are stuck in low gold cap habitats.

I would recommend high earners to be roughly level 20+, while low earners are fine at around level 15 (or level 15 for high earners and 10 for low ones if you don't have a lot of resources yet). The more extra food you have to spare, the more you can consider leveling up your lower earners a little to catch up slightly to your higher ones.

very nicely put, explained it to a T, good job.
no avatar

Jack Brownman

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:25 pm
Lynn R. wrote:
level up your lower earners (Starting with Plant then rare Water types) in their habitats.

But have you noticed that almost every dragon with water has a lower gold income than those without?
E.g. Tribal(rare; fire, earth, WIND) 330 gold/hour
Elemental(rare; fire, earth, WATER) 310 gold/hour

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:40 pm
Jack Brownman wrote:
But have you noticed that almost every dragon with water has a lower gold income than those without?
E.g. Tribal(rare; fire, earth, WIND) 330 gold/hour
Elemental(rare; fire, earth, WATER) 310 gold/hour

I considered that before I posted, but Water dragons still have a higher habitat gold cap than Earth, Wind, and Fire. That means that you'll earn more when you're not playing and you won't be stuck with maxed out caps, even if Water dragons are the lowest earners (And to clarify, I said that you should level up the rare [and Epic of course] Water dragons before the other basic types, not the common ones. The common ones are rubbish to level up ).

For example, my Fire dragon at level 20 earns over 1.2k Gold (and forgive me any inaccuracies, but I'm saying this off the top of my head) while my Water dragon earns less than 1k, let's say 900. I stop playing to go to sleep for, oh, 7 hours. Since the Fire habitat cap is 5k, my Fire dragon will stop producing Gold after about 4 hours, and I'll collect 5k Gold from that habitat in the morning. Since the Gold cap for the Water habitat is 17.5k Gold, my Water dragon, who produces 900k / hour, will produce 6,300 Gold in that same time period, so I'll have 6.3k when I wake up as opposed to 5k. Add that with the fact that you can have three dragons in the Water habitat (let's say 3 Water dragons), and you'll be hitting your 17.5k cap every night. Even though Fire produces more Gold, Water is still a better investment because you'll earn more while you're away.

Edit: Whoops, Fire makes 1,350 Gold at level 20 while Water makes 1,092. Regardless, the same principle applies, probably even more so.