Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.

What stage did you finish in the Viking Spring event?

I couldn't even finish stage 1.
6%
Stage 1
12%
Stage 2
10%
Stage 3
17%
Stage 4
20%
Stage 5. I got the Palm dragon!
35%

Total votes : 69

snapdragon33

Veteran

Windows PC

USA, tennessee

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:04 am
I got the palm dragon but had to use gems the for the last three arena tokens, battles were just way too much. to even try for. event was just too short and too way too random in the way you got the tokens. I will think twice and wait to read the posts before I do the next one, idea is great just poorly planned and no instructions, what are we mind readers, if players who posted all their success had not posted theirs, I would not have been able to finish game. so thank you dragoneers for your help in getting my little palm dragon. snappy33 over and out.
no avatar

roxytaninja

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 am
I had many troubles with stage one. Even if I breeded Easy dragons the "random factor "was really hard to Pass. SO I had no enough time for the Next stages . I hope they'll give us more time,in the future,
but I like this Kind of event 

cornedbeef

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:40 am
I also got Palm using gems. The first 4 stages were simple enough but just ran out of time to finish stage 5. It seemed a shame to miss out on a cheap Palm dragon so I bit the bullet and paid up.
iOS Gamecenter: cornedbeef
no avatar

Shinjiteru

Windows Phone

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:21 pm
I got the Palm dragon around 10hours before the event finished. I didn't use gems to buy any items for the event. I only spend some gems to reduce the hatching time of a dragon by 1-4 hours to be able to get done with the breeding objective before I went to bed.

But all in all... the basic idea was nice but in my opinion they used the worste possibility to implement this event. Such low success chances are a pain and annoying, so that this distroyed the fun of this event for. I would prefer to collect houndreds of items if they have a chance of 50-100% to drop, if they want us to spend so much time in this event. This way I could see a progress and could estimate how much time is need to get done with it. But these low chances made it completely unpredictable how far I could get in this event.
I mean... I once got 3 items in 5 trys from in breeding, and then there were 20minutes or more no other items when breeding fire+fire dragon.
So yeah, for me there was too much luck involved in completing this event.
Windows and Windows Phone (8.1)

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:37 pm
I got to level 4 and received some things I could at least use. But if they continue par for course, and repeat the Quest with everything the same...(as they do with so many of their contests)...I won't participate in it again. Other breeding games I play, in fact all of them, offer "NEW" events and dragons/monsters/goodies every week, not repeating for weeks at a time like here.

Oh well, Happy Dragoning!

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:52 pm
I got Palm, but I used 40 Gems to get the last two Arena items I was missing (since I didn't want to stay up for several hours late at night waiting for the drop rate to reset). And also, I was being a **** and accidentally spent 5 Gems on a "collect gold from habitats" item at the very beginning of the event when I was looking at all of the event info and criteria. The explanations from the "information" icons were so scanty that I thought there might be more instructions somewhere and clicked the "5 Gems / Item" button since I didn't know what it meant. Lol, biggest waste of Gems in my gaming career. XD

Hmm. It seems like the majority of people (here) didn't get Palm, and most of those who did ended up getting it only by spending Gems. Interesting.
no avatar

Saskia

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:44 am
I got to level 3, was on level four and had everything except dragon fury tokens. I was frustrated after my 20th dragon fury and still no tokens. I deleted Dragon Mania Legends from my tablet and am much happier for it.

Simone

Windows PC

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:12 am
I got to Level 3 and finished it. But only because I used gems for the last Arena item I was missing, before time run out.

Tanya A.

Veteran

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:35 pm
Honestly, the poll results aren't too bad I don't think. Most people got to either stage 4 or 5. The ones who got to 4 could have spent some gems if they really wanted Palm that badly. Though, some people apparently got to Palm without spending any at all so it is possible at least...but if it wasn't based on luck I think it would be way too easy. The only thing that kind of annoyed me about it is the arena because that still needs to be fixed regardless. It's practically impossible to get a 20 streak with the way everything is set up and during the event you had to wait until your position went down to be able to play for the items which isn't fair in my opinion. But other than that, I thought it was fair and liked it a lot.

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:10 pm
I already spent a lot of hard earned gems trying to change the level of the dragons needed to explore ruins earlier, I refused to spend real money to buy more gems for Palm. I refuse to buy dragons (other than the 2 La Fontaine bosses), I want to breed them or win them on events.
For me this event was a good idea, but poorly made.
Exploring ruins should always gain you tokens, it already takes a minimum of 1 hour to the least time consuming of them.
Same for dragon fury, not always easy to obtain, and if we are clever enough to find a combination quest/team that always wins, why shouldn't we be rewarded ?
Same for arena, as we can only hope for some winning battles (I speak for the usual player, that is too often in front of hard opponents that are impossible to defeat...), each battle won should earn us a token.

I only hope this was a trial event, and that they will adjust their winning systems for the next one. If not, I won't participate, and just continue to breed (or attempt to ;) ) the Legendary dragons I still miss, and the monthlies and weeklies...