Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

birthdaycake52

Veteran

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:40 am
jovi wrote:
imho, i would prefer to remove negative effects, such as attacks by legendary, wind and poison. Regen only gives u the hp support, but does not help against wind ~ storm. Also when they stacked multiple negatives against u, I am not quite sure regen is useful, e.g. 2 x infection/poison + wind storm + slow burn + legendary attack.

I can definitely see how that is better in that situation. I'm glad that we have different opinions though. Can get kinda boring if we all agree on everything
no avatar

Jackiee

California,

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:40 am
birthdaycake52 wrote:
Both are only for target dragon.

Ahh ok. Thank you for all the info! :)
no avatar

birthdaycake52

Veteran

Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:34 pm
Jackiee wrote:
Ahh ok. Thank you for all the info! :)

Your very welcome

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:25 pm
Jackiee wrote:
For the water power upgrade, in your opinions, which level 6 is better to go with? They both sound good, but you can only choose one - so I wanted to ask some players that have some knowledge on it before I choose...
Thanks! :)
-Jackie

Honestly, an ideal team should have both. Regeneration and Restorative Recourse can not be substituted for each other (which I think is a very good thing). But that also makes them hard to choose from, since both of their effects are very good. If you need to choose a skill for the now, and if you're planning on getting more than one healer eventually, go with Regeneration first. It'll be a bigger help to you in most of the game (pretty much from the beginning of the Campaign Map through about halfway of the last Isle). Through most of the game, the enemies are relatively tame, and they'll only have around one dragon that will use poison against your team. Depending on your healer's attack stat, Regeneration will heal more damage than the poison will deal, and since Regeneration heals you before the poison damage, it'll be a life saver at this point.

You'll be wanting Restorative Recourse for Arena battles and for most of the last island, along with for the new Heroic Mode. The reason for that is because in the latter parts of the game, the battles can get dragged out by status effects. The CPUs will use several plant / fire element dragons to stack poison and burn on one of your dragons at a time (usually the last dragon in your lineup ), picking them off one by one before they have a chance to even attack. There are also a bunch of Legendaries late-game as well, and Death Mark can be a big nuisance when multiple dragons are stacking it against you. That's when you'll want Restorative Recourse. You can eradicate all of the status effects in one turn, which wastes the turns that the enemy dragons used to try to stack them on.

Bottom line is, Restorative Recourse and Regeneration cannot be used interchangeably, so try to get one of each on your team. But go with Regeneration first, then get Restorative Recourse later when you're able. If you plan on only having one healer for whatever reason... go with Restorative Recourse. It'll pay off in the long-run.
no avatar

WillWeigand

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 pm
Another point to make is that removing negative effects is an unquantified power. Meaning that your dragons attack power has no bearing on it. If you use the strategy of keeping one dragon at a much higher level than the others, and if that dragon is not your healer, then regeneration becomes very weak, while removing an effect retains the same usefulness. I'm at level 73 on the heroic map, and almost every level has multiple legendary dragons. Removing those marks is imperative.
no avatar

Mars1821

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:12 am
Wow thank you Lynn! You did a wonderful job of describing the different attacks and strategy details and I found it very useful thank you! Do you have any input on the other level 6 choices for the other elements? Or know where I could look?

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:54 pm
Mars1821 wrote:
Wow thank you Lynn! You did a wonderful job of describing the different attacks and strategy details and I found it very useful thank you! Do you have any input on the other level 6 choices for the other elements? Or know where I could look?

Not a problem.

There's actually a post that was made by Peridot Weapon that explains what almost all of the level 6 skills do. It was a while ago though so I'll see if I can find it and bump it. After you take a look at it just post any of your concerns and I'll answer any specific questions you might have about the skills.

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:06 pm
Lynn R. wrote:
Not a problem.

There's actually a post that was made by Peridot Weapon that explains what almost all of the level 6 skills do. It was a while ago though so I'll see if I can find it and bump it. After you take a look at it just post any of your concerns and I'll answer any specific questions you might have about the skills.

Found it. It's the thread titled "Masteries", and the explanation is on the 9th post.

Tanya A.

Veteran

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:21 pm
I like the one that takes away negative effects better. The first one I chose was Regeneration (the other one) and I did like it don't get me wrong, but I decided to try the other one for another dragon and it's a lot more useful cause even if you revitalize 2, 3, 4 different times but you're still hit wind for example your attacks will be useless and if you're still hit with poison or slow burn or something your health will still drop like crazy regardless of the second chance. But with the other one, it takes away all the effects and heals, so I like it a lot personally.
no avatar

Jackiee

California,

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:16 pm
Thank you lyn! Your examples were amazing. So much info and details. Loved it.
And thank you Tanya. :)
I want to have both on my team but with the prices being so high now and the amount of scrolls needed - i have to space out and budget all my money and scrolls. So it looks like i will be starting with restorative resources. When i get the chance. Lol.
Gameloft teased us newer players. I joined the game and the academy was still cheap and needed WAY LESS scrolls. Then after about 3 weeks is when the update went into effect... i was like, "NOOOO I WASNT READY!!" Lol. (Kevin hart)