Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

bloodyhand

best support

Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:18 pm
Can somebody tells me who is actually best support ? Im thinking about these three : Elemental , Clownfish and Clay , but now academy cost so much so i would to know opinion of better players than i'm . Clownfish seems the best cuz he has 3 supports skills , but im following this forum and a lot of players use elemental or clay. Can somebody explain me why ?
no avatar

OrangeMelon

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:01 am
If you're looking for a support dragon, then I recommend Rust(metal/water/earth). It has 3 support moves, while Clownfish only has 2. (wind isnt a support skill)

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:21 am
OrangeMelon wrote:
If you're looking for a support dragon, then I recommend Rust(metal/water/earth). It has 3 support moves, while Clownfish only has 2. (wind isnt a support skill)

It depends on what you mean by "support." I consider Wind to be an excellent support (defensive) skill, and it's virtually just as efficient or even moreso than Stone Shield (since Stone Shield can be debuffed with Burnout but Storm's A Brewin' can only be eradicated with Restorative Recourse. And, let's face it, no one wants to waste a turn using that on one dragon unless multiple status problems have been applied to it).

Rust is good because it's one of the most tanky dragons in the game, but I would prefer Clownfish's Wind over Vengeful Sword.

As for the op's question, my best guess as to why a lot of people use Elemental and Clay is because of the combinations of the ability to heal with water, defend with Stone Shield, and Stun / Burn with Energy or Fire. Those two dragons seem to have good health (your defense stat in this game) and decent attack as well. And, if you consider that a lot of people probably use them specifically because they've been recommended on the forum, it's no surprise that they're pretty popular.

illidanx

Veteran

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:42 am
I use Clownfish. My two attackers do not have space for Wind so I want to have Wind on my support dragon.

Idoine91

MVP / Dragon Elder

Windows Phone

France

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:52 am
I use Elemental because it was a dragon that I bred early in the game, well before all the other Epics.
So it was logical to upgrade it and its skills too...
My first real team was Cyborg, UV or Razor and Elemental.
Windows Mobile 10 / Windows 10 eur​
Started 11 January 2015 - 519 unique dragons
Referral code : 30ec
​Clan : Proud member of 'Crazy Train Gang'
Team : Autumn, Lantern 90 5*, Archangel, Vortex, Taiyi Zhenren, Warlord, Hades, Hermes, Deco, Aries, Ra 92 4*

Team : Archangel, Fairy, Ra 58 4*, Osiris, Taiyi Zhenren, Seth, Deco, Dark Ice, Isis 60 3*
no avatar

llssn

Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:57 am
I use typhoon and he's great! I place him as my first dragon so he can cast stone shield or storms a brewing.
no avatar

Kylar Kylar

Google Play (Android)

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:46 pm
I have used 3 elementary .lol. easy to upgrade them
no avatar

Shinjiteru

Windows Phone

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:37 pm
First of all... rust seems to be nice, but taking double damage from one of the 3 strong offensive elements is a no go for my team.

I think Clay is slightly better than Elemental, he has a bit more attack -> his heal and stoneshield are going to be stronger. And with the skill to stun with his energy attack it doesn't matter that much if his only pure offensive element is weak against a dragon, at least if he is able to stun the dragon. ^^

I plan to exchange my elemental to clay, even though my elemental is already level 34.
Windows and Windows Phone (8.1)
no avatar

WillWeigand

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:12 am
I prefer to mix my support in with all of my dragons. If every dragon has at least one attack and one defensive ability you have much more versatility. You don't have to worry about waiting for the right dragon's turn to do what you want to do.
no avatar

birthdaycake52

Veteran

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:49 am
WillWeigand wrote:
I prefer to mix my support in with all of my dragons. If every dragon has at least one attack and one defensive ability you have much more versatility. You don't have to worry about waiting for the right dragon's turn to do what you want to do.

I am curious as to what your team is then. Right now i have rust tiger and agave. Clay in hatchery and will swap rust with clay. Want to use clay because clay is not weak to energy as rust is, and because clay has an offensive move in energy. Plus will help with bosses with stun when i get it