Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

InariSalmi

Petting dragons

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:43 pm
Do you guys diligently pet your dragons every 2-3 hours, or a couple of times a day? Once a day? Or just whenever you remember?

I noticed that I will get my maximum amount of gems within the first 5-6 dragons I pet, the rest will give only money. So I only pet those first few. Petting takes too long :)
no avatar

birthdaycake52

Veteran

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:50 pm
I pet all of mine when i remember to. But i am a newer player so i probably don't have nearly as many dragons as most people
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Canada

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:01 pm
I pet my highest level dragons until I get my 2 gems, once a day. It seems to be around once a day that it resets and allows you to get gems from it. On a lower account, where gold is harder to come by, it MAY be worthwhile to pet them more often. For those of u who don't know it yet, it is much faster to tap on them quickly with 2 fingers than to swipe.
no avatar

birthdaycake52

Veteran

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:08 pm
I'll try tapping when i can pet them again. Thanks
no avatar

InariSalmi

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:20 pm
Jake.Parker wrote:
I pet my highest level dragons until I get my 2 gems, once a day. It seems to be around once a day that it resets and allows you to get gems from it. On a lower account, where gold is harder to come by, it MAY be worthwhile to pet them more often. For those of u who don't know it yet, it is much faster to tap on them quickly with 2 fingers than to swipe.

I tap on them to get the 3 times gold/gem, but it's still too slow for me xD

On another note, I love how you can hold a piece of food above the head of your dragon, and they try to jump to eat it :D It's adorable to watch with baby dragons :D
no avatar

HolyHG

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:21 pm
InariSalmi wrote:
Do you guys diligently pet your dragons every 2-3 hours, or a couple of times a day? Once a day? Or just whenever you remember?

I noticed that I will get my maximum amount of gems within the first 5-6 dragons I pet, the rest will give only money. So I only pet those first few. Petting takes too long :)

In the process of training my little kid to do it otherwise I don't bother. Too tedious and boring even for 2 gems a day. I might be more tempted if it counted in golden gatherer events but it doesn't.
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Canada

Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:28 pm
HolyHG wrote:
In the process of training my little kid to do it otherwise I don't bother. Too tedious and boring even for 2 gems a day. I might be more tempted if it counted in golden gatherer events but it doesn't.

Lol, ya thank god its not included!
no avatar

Jack Brownman

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:09 am
If you pet your Dragons every two hours 24/7 then you get mich money if you dont only have lvl 4 Dragons.
I do it more often since last week and my gold income has increased *adverb*

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:13 am
Jack Brownman wrote:
If you pet your Dragons every two hours 24/7 then you get mich money if you dont only have lvl 4 Dragons.
I do it more often since last week and my gold income has increased *adverb*

In the beginning I pet my dragons every time I thought about it. I needed the coins! When I was trying for the food gather I did every 2 hours...to get every penny to pay for the Cherries I was breeding...Now I do it when I'm bored...and just want to look at them up close and personal. lol But, I don't pet the snakes anymore ...because I'm on the computer and every time I pet them it changes to feed if it's done just right. And there they are with their little mouths open lol

snapdragon33

Veteran

Windows PC

USA, tennessee

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:03 am
NewMexGranny wrote:
In the beginning I pet my dragons every time I thought about it. I needed the coins! When I was trying for the food gather I did every 2 hours...to get every penny to pay for the Cherries I was breeding...Now I do it when I'm bored...and just want to look at them up close and personal. lol But, I don't pet the snakes anymore ...because I'm on the computer and every time I pet them it changes to feed if it's done just right. And there they are with their little mouths open lol

I had the same problem with the snakes until I started petting them from the bottom up, starting at the lowest point of their coil and moving up at a medium swipe with my mouse, as I don't have a touch screen. petting dragons ws much easier when I had a touch screen but computer went belly up, and had to start using my laptop, while win8.1 is not touchscreen, had to learn to fight all over again, good thing I was stuck on second island til I leveled up my dragons, gave me a lot of practice til I got better at it, and training dragons was so funny, I kept hitting the dolls until I figured out where to move my mouse for best effect.