Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Canada

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:46 pm
Nightfallkitten wrote:
Day one players can't fight the final boss unless they spend hundreds, thousands even, to get there in a day.

Not only is that an incredibly dumb thing to do and a major waste of money, but most people who play these kinds of games aren't willing to do that.

When I had VIP as an early player, just fighting on any blue tile I unlocked on the map netted me huge rewards, and I had over 300k in under an hour at one point. But the promotion I had for VIP is gone as far as I know, and most new players won't be able to experience VIP without either saving every gem they get, or paying money.

They're better off saving for energy portal and hatchery upgrades first anyways.

Thanks for the support, and I'm finally going to be posting sections of the guide tonight. WiFi is working great and finally I'm not so busy. For now, this is my opinion on gem spending for new players. I think I posted this somewhere already but I kinda forget where.

#1 buy the starter pack while its on sale (first 48hrs after u start your account). It is well worth it. 10k food to start out is huge, 100 gems for that price is huge, and tribal and prairie (fb reward) are more than good enough to get you through the first few islands while u breed and level your desired team.

#2 buy at least 50 gems to get free 7 day VIP (as long as it is your first dml account set up on your google account (if android) otherwise u don't get that promotion)

#3 between the 100 gems from starter pack and 50+ that u bought, upgrade your hatchery to level 2

#4 use the gems u earn in the game to upgrade your portal to level 2

#5 save the rest of your gems you earn in game to renew your VIP for 20 days. I agree that VIP is way overpriced and should go back to 100 gems, but without it, your progress will be very slow. It gives you 2 pve and 2 arena energy (very very important for early progression) it doubles your rewards, also very important for progression, opens up VIP events, potentially great way to earn a good dragon early on while the events are easy, and it gives 20% extra gold. As much as I hate how they raised the price, it is pretty essential to have.

#6 use the rest of the gems you earn or buy to upgrade hatchery to level 3

I used this strategy on my second account. I only spent $5 Canadian, and in only a few days I was on the fourth island in storyline, had 3 islands unlocked, 12 level 3 farms, level 6 academy, and 3 epics and 1 legenday worth leveling up.

THE BIGGEST PIECE OF ADVICE I CAN OFFER IS DO NOT LEVEL TOO QUICKLY!!
The events and arena become next to impossible to win once u pass level 30. So pace yourself so that you can win at least a couple good dragons first. I was lucky on second account and won the arena dragon and 2 epics very quickly, then also bred a weekly legendary, so I went ahead and passed 30.

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:17 am
I agree with Tanya...we do that so often, are you related?....Saving them 'all' seems excessive. Everyone seems to forget what it's like to be new to the game. Newbies can't save anything...it hard enough to hang on to your teeth for the first 20 levels. And I'll tell you what...they need that 1,000 coins and 100 fruits...that's why they send them....they're that important at the time. They will learn as time goes on (very shortly too) that they can make more from on battle with that 1 chip.

Asking them to save them all...when they've barely begun to learn the game or fight...is really not something I would ask of them. They are advised to spend them...learn from their Storyline and earn coins and EXP's to get as far as they can in the game. There will be time for "GREAT" strategies later in the game...when they are better able to deal with them.
no avatar

Nightfallkitten

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:46 am
Jake.Parker wrote:
Thanks for the support, and I'm finally going to be posting sections of the guide tonight. WiFi is working great and finally I'm not so busy. For now, this is my opinion on gem spending for new players. I think I posted this somewhere already but I kinda forget where.

#1 buy the starter pack while its on sale (first 48hrs after u start your account). It is well worth it. 10k food to start out is huge, 100 gems for that price is huge, and tribal and prairie (fb reward) are more than good enough to get you through the first few islands while u breed and level your desired team.

#2 buy at least 50 gems to get free 7 day VIP (as long as it is your first dml account set up on your google account (if android) otherwise u don't get that promotion)

#3 between the 100 gems from starter pack and 50+ that u bought, upgrade your hatchery to level 2

#4 use the gems u earn in the game to upgrade your portal to level 2

#5 save the rest of your gems you earn in game to renew your VIP for 20 days. I agree that VIP is way overpriced and should go back to 100 gems, but without it, your progress will be very slow. It gives you 2 pve and 2 arena energy (very very important for early progression) it doubles your rewards, also very important for progression, opens up VIP events, potentially great way to earn a good dragon early on while the events are easy, and it gives 20% extra gold. As much as I hate how they raised the price, it is pretty essential to have.

#6 use the rest of the gems you earn or buy to upgrade hatchery to level 3

I used this strategy on my second account. I only spent $5 Canadian, and in only a few days I was on the fourth island in storyline, had 3 islands unlocked, 12 level 3 farms, level 6 academy, and 3 epics and 1 legenday worth leveling up.

THE BIGGEST PIECE OF ADVICE I CAN OFFER IS DO NOT LEVEL TOO QUICKLY!!
The events and arena become next to impossible to win once u pass level 30. So pace yourself so that you can win at least a couple good dragons first. I was lucky on second account and won the arena dragon and 2 epics very quickly, then also bred a weekly legendary, so I went ahead and passed 30.

It's np, and thanks for coming in with your input. :) I can't wait to see the guide finished, it's going to be so helpful to new (and even old) players.
I do wish that Gameloft would sticky your thread so it doesn't get lost in the masses though.
iOS user, add for DML and Dragons World through GameCenter, ID: Nightfallkitten.

-The Brave Vesperian that can't stand injustice-
no avatar

HolyHG

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:47 am
NewMexGranny wrote:
I agree with Tanya...we do that so often, are you related?....Saving them 'all' seems excessive. Everyone seems to forget what it's like to be new to the game. Newbies can't save anything...it hard enough to hang on to your teeth for the first 20 levels. And I'll tell you what...they need that 1,000 coins and 100 fruits...that's why they send them....they're that important at the time. They will learn as time goes on (very shortly too) that they can make more from on battle with that 1 chip.

Asking them to save them all...when they've barely begun to learn the game or fight...is really not something I would ask of them. They are advised to spend them...learn from their Storyline and earn coins and EXP's to get as far as they can in the game. There will be time for "GREAT" strategies later in the game...when they are better able to deal with them.

I "managed to save" mine until the last boss. Was pretty crazy trying to use them all before my first VIP expired. Of course I didn't know how to use the energy tokens until I was already at the end of the third island... :)
no avatar

Onii Tom

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:13 am
HolyHG wrote:
I "managed to save" mine until the last boss. Was pretty crazy trying to use them all before my first VIP expired. Of course I didn't know how to use the blue tiles until I was already at the end of the third island... :)

im getting like 20+ energy points a day lol
fights forever and it gets tiresome after you spammed that battle alot. Atleast no money and food issue

i guess not batteling blue maps until last map might be best. i guess they will respawn alot faster if you didnt unlock any of those before. since you dont get anything from low level blue fights
no avatar

HolyHG

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:54 am
Onii Tom wrote:
im getting like 20+ energy points a day lol
fights forever and it gets tiresome after you spammed that battle alot. Atleast no money and food issue

i guess not batteling blue maps until last map might be best. i guess they will respawn alot faster if you didnt unlock any of those before. since you dont get anything from low level blue fights

Oops! I meant that I saved the energy tokens until the last boss. I did the blue tiles as soon as they popped up. I'll edit the other post to save on confusion.
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Canada

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:13 am
HolyHG wrote:
Oops! I meant that I saved the energy tokens until the last boss. I did the blue tiles as soon as they popped up. I'll edit the other post to save on confusion.

There is one thing I have wondered since they changed the reward for the scroll battles and I doubt anyone knows the answer. If you don't unlock the first few gates on the map, will the game give you scrolls more often on the last islands. As they are worth WAY more, this would be very useful info for new players and help them big time to catch up. Not to mention save them some gems if they don't have many friends in game. It would slow down their initial progress, but would more than make up for it down the road (if this were the case) because for anyone who grinds korloth or the last few levels, scrolls are only worth doing on the last 2 islands and a few tiles before that.

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:29 am
Okay! Call me silly and tie me to the post...but what in the blazes are you talking about? How do you use Chips to defeat a Boss? Extra turns getting you hinney whipped? And what's that bit about the scrolls...by the time you get to the last island you have a glut of them...more than a hundred anyway...what can you do with them besides train more dragons?
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Canada

Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:25 am
NewMexGranny wrote:
Okay! Call me silly and tie me to the post...but what in the blazes are you talking about? How do you use Chips to defeat a Boss? Extra turns getting you hinney whipped? And what's that bit about the scrolls...by the time you get to the last island you have a glut of them...more than a hundred anyway...what can you do with them besides train more dragons?

If you're talking about my reference to scrolls, I didn't meant the actual scrolls u use to train, I meant the scrolls that pop up on the map for the blue tiles. The ones on the last island reward tons of gold and food.

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:25 am
Ahhh...I thought I'd blown them and now I was in the hooskow...lolol...I see...I will look for them when I get there. Thanks

***Don't know where all these Cowboy indiums are coming from...a good nights sleep should do clear them up hahaaa