Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Onii Tom

short GUIDE for newbs

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:17 pm
How to get gold and food VERY fast:

MOST IMPORTANT: Add alot of friends who will gift you daily ENERGY POINTS. food and gold gifting is completely useless!!!

-Save those points for the last boss in the map. You get alot of gold from that boss each battle.
You use that gold for making Spring Cherry in all your farms.
Buying VIP (kinda expensive) will DOUBLE your reward from last boss (218000 gold from every battle)

-Upgrade your Battle Portal for more battle points (costs gem)

-If you wanna buy gem wait for the gem discount event which lasts for an hour or so, so keep your eyes open
no avatar

Psychicgallery

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:43 pm
Onii Tom wrote:

MOST IMPORTANT: Add alot of friends who will gift you daily ENERGY POINTS. food and gold gifting is completely useless!!!

-Save those points for the last boss in the map. You get alot of gold from that boss each battle.
Buying VIP (kinda expensive) will DOUBLE your reward from last boss (218000 gold from every battle)

-If you wanna buy gem wait for the gem discount event which lasts for an hour or so, so keep your eyes open

Wish I read this my first day in:/
Thanks for the input! Gonna take a few days to just make money. No breeding just gold and farm.
Add me on IOS Game center for DML: PsychicGallery
no avatar

InariSalmi

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:46 pm
Onii Tom wrote:

Last boss in the map? How can a newbie get to the boss fast? I'm lvl 30, and just beat the jelly boss (can't remember name).
no avatar

Onii Tom

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:53 pm
InariSalmi wrote:
Last boss in the map? How can a newbie get to the boss fast? I'm lvl 30, and just beat the jelly boss (can't remember name).

I said save those points for the last boss

if you get 10 points a day from friends and buy vip when you get to the boss in lets say 50 days. thats 500 points -> 500 battles -> 109.000.000 gold.

the energy points gifting kinda OP
no avatar

Nightfallkitten

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:21 pm
Onii Tom wrote:

Jake Parker is actually working on a full guide for the newbies, so they don't make as many mistakes as we had.

For actual newbies, make use of your blue tile quests on the map. Especially early on, they give very decent gold, food, and scroll rewards.
I would invest in the 1.5k gold cost for the food until you are making decent enough gold, then when your farms start getting to be level 3 go for the 200k cost until you can afford the 800k. And for the last one, you want to plant say two farms one day, and two farms the next so that you are getting a lot of food.

Making it to the last boss might be a challenge for some of you newer players, but don't stress over it too much. You'll get there eventually, and since no one has a clue when the new content is coming out, there's no need to rush through it.

Edit: Also, buy VIP at your own risk. It's more expensive than the cheaper MMO's, and not exactly worth its current price.
no avatar

Onii Tom

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:43 pm
thats not short anymore
most important thing is energy point gifting
no avatar

Nightfallkitten

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:54 pm
I never said it was short. The way your "guide" is done, it's targeting people who're halfway through the game, at the least.

With the recent and upcoming changes, the game is about to get much harder for newer players. They need a hand guiding them through the start and helping through the finish. Jake's designing his guide to be like that. There's no short guide to this game anyways, and you shouldn't tell people to absolutely buy something that isn't worth it's price.

And energy point gifting isn't all that important. 9/10 friends will send you energy because they'll see that the other two options aren't as worthwhile.
iOS user, add for DML and Dragons World through GameCenter, ID: Nightfallkitten.

-The Brave Vesperian that can't stand injustice-
no avatar

Onii Tom

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 pm
when did i say they have to lol
this is just a random short guide or tip or whatever
its targeted for day 1 players aswell.
saving up energy points most important thing as i can see and experienced it.
its all about grinding the last boss for gold and food

chill out
-end
no avatar

Nightfallkitten

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm
Day one players can't fight the final boss unless they spend hundreds, thousands even, to get there in a day.

Not only is that an incredibly dumb thing to do and a major waste of money, but most people who play these kinds of games aren't willing to do that.

When I had VIP as an early player, just fighting on any blue tile I unlocked on the map netted me huge rewards, and I had over 300k in under an hour at one point. But the promotion I had for VIP is gone as far as I know, and most new players won't be able to experience VIP without either saving every gem they get, or paying money.

They're better off saving for energy portal and hatchery upgrades first anyways.
iOS user, add for DML and Dragons World through GameCenter, ID: Nightfallkitten.

-The Brave Vesperian that can't stand injustice-

Tanya A.

Veteran

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:41 pm
I agree with Nightfall. First of all, I'm not going to not use any of my energy portals for 50+ days until I get to the last boss cause I'd need gold and food for other things in the meantime and using those helps. I always have a few of them still in stock by the end of the night but I use some of them throughout day as I get them too. Saving them all until the very end would be too long of a wait to get a lot of things done. As for VIP, at first I kept getting the 2 day VIP whenever I could, but then I decided to save up for the 20 day and it's actually working out a lot better. This way I get 12 extra days of VIP for the same amount of gems spent. Also, it gives me a lot more time to save up for my next VIP when this one runs out. And truthfully, spending a couple dollars for 50 gems and getting 7 more days of free VIP with your first purchase is also pretty worth it in my opinion. Other than that, hatchery definitely needs to be upgraded asap. Makes things go so much faster.