Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:08 pm
Chunks McGoo wrote:
This is from the thread about updates. I am not saying the difference is massive, in fact Alejandro states it is a small difference, but adding a few levels to my dragons has helped me in the luck department before. Just a suggestion, to each their own.

I understand the principle and I've read this...

However check the source it's coming from. He barely hints, suggests, insinuates that levels may, maybe, might, sort of give you a better "chance"....He NEVER comes out and says that it WILL happen...I have a better chance when I buy 2 lotto tickets instead of 1 too! I haven't won yet...sigh...but I have won some cool dragons with what I'm able to afford.

But, your right it is a matter of personal opinion...and thanks for helping our new player with his problem!
no avatar

Chunks McGoo

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:44 pm
NewMexGranny wrote:
I understand the principle and I've read this...

However check the source it's coming from. He barely hints, suggests, insinuates that levels may, maybe, might, sort of give you a better "chance"....He NEVER comes out and says that it WILL happen...I have a better chance when I buy 2 lotto tickets instead of 1 too! I haven't won yet...sigh...but I have won some cool dragons with what I'm able to afford.

But, your right it is a matter of personal opinion...and thanks for helping our new player with his problem!

I get what you are saying. And when he says the chances are increased we could be talking 5.01% vs 5%.

As for the lotto ticket analogy, that fails to separate the chances from the outcome. After the lotto draw you had a 0% chance to win, no matter how many tickets you bought. Before you has a 1 in however many million chance per ticket you had. Having more tickets did increase your chance BEFORE you know the result. Likewise, a 5.01% chance is a better chance. Someone with a 5% chance may get the dragon they want first try, someone with a 5.01% chance may fail ten tries in a row, but they still had a better chance. On a big enough sample size, you would end up with more of the dragons you want =)

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:39 pm
Last comment on this...LOL

I like you choice of wording..."we could" be talking such and such %...however we don't know..it "could" be 0.001% in the scheme of things. If they'd nail it down...instead of innuendoes and suggestive wording...I might buy it...but I only have a few Epics left to get...and none of my dragons were over 15...most at the beginning were only levels 8-10. So, I have Won the lotto! LOL No hard feelings...but I think it's more about sales for them... than chances for us....which is okay too...they have to make a living in order for us to have a game to argue about...LOL

Thanks for the input Chunks and for making me think! Happy Dragoning!