Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Psychicgallery

Keeping commons?

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:28 am
I am running out of space to place habitats. I just unlocked the second island but, removing items is so **** expensive! So my question is, should I sell my common dragons? Like the ones that are just one element. My first fire dragon I have a lot of food invested and training. But I did waste time on a couple. Sent them to academy and never use them.

Also, if anyone knows where I can find a list of what breeds what to make certain dragons.
Thanks in advance!
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Canada

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 am
Psychicgallery wrote:
I am running out of space to place habitats. I just unlocked the second island but, removing items is so **** expensive! So my question is, should I sell my common dragons? Like the ones that are just one element. My first fire dragon I have a lot of food invested and training. But I did waste time on a couple. Sent them to academy and never use them.

Also, if anyone knows where I can find a list of what breeds what to make certain dragons.
Thanks in advance!

You should keep at least one of each single element dragon, for breeding and for exploring. If you need to sell dragons, I suggest selling ones that are quick to breed and only really useful when required for breeding weeklies. Boiling, bee, melon, etc.
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Canada

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:34 am
Psychicgallery wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Take a look at my guide "Jake's drag..." Read the breeding guide. It will teach you how to figure out what to breed. Otherwise, look at the breeding discoveries thread made by andros2k

Tanya A.

Veteran

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:12 am
No, absolutely do not sell them. You're only going to end up having to breed or buy them again in order to send them to the ruins or breed other dragons. Also, my advice is to hold off going any further on the map and start saving money and food as well as breeding better dragons. You say you invested a lot of food into your fire dragon, but trust me when you get further on the map, you're not going to want a mere fire dragon on your team. I ended up thinking the same thing you're thinking now after I invested a lot of food into my common dragons and started using them for battle, that I didn't want to wait to breed other ones and have to start over. But there are so many better dragons out there that could be so much more useful that I ended up switching all of them anyway by the time I got them to level 25. It's taken me over a week so far to breed the ones I wanted, feed them, teach them skills, etc. But it was worth it cause now I have an awesome team that I'm happy with. So, again, I suggest that while you're still not that far into the game, decide who you want on your team and start investing into them instead of the fire dragon. As for the second island being expensive, yeah it definitely seemed that way but by the time I unlocked the 3rd and 4th islands I was able to clear everything out at once, so it gets a lot easier later on. The game is a little unbalanced in that aspect for the first 2 islands.

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:48 am
Tanya is right! I too went into a quivering mode of indecision...sell or not to sell. Don't....while you do not need (at this time) to keep any duplicate dragons, you are going to need ALL of the single and double skilled dragons somewhere down the line. Are all of your habitats up to level 5? So you can fit 3 on each? Do you have them squeezed as tightly as you can into the single island? Sometimes it takes a little wiggling and you can hunker another habitat in there...think tight...lol

Also, on your swamp island...if you take some of the little flowers and other tiny things off (the cheap stuff)...you can snuggle a habitat or farm in between the plants....leaving room on the main island for another habitat. That's what I did..until I could afford to remove more from it.

Food is going to be your nemesis throughout the game. Be stingy with it...think twice and then think again before feeding anyone. And then only what you absolutely have to. Scrolls for the first 20 or 30 levels are also hard to come by (then suddenly you have lots extra...sigh)....same thing..be careful who you use them on and for what...

As far as fighting...go as far as you can with what you've got...it sharpens your skills and lets you get an idea of what dragons... and their talents.. might be the best for you further down the road. For sure try your hand at the Arena battles...nothing to lose and a nice little check at the end of the week. Join all the contests that you can for the same reason (don't expect to win just yet, but some nice extra cash at least).

This is a long game...there is no hurry. Good thing since some dragons take 4 days to get from breeding to hatching to habitat. The Storyline and all the dragons will still be there. Waiting...lol

Have fun...take a deep breath...think slow...and happy breeding~
no avatar

Psychicgallery

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:06 am
Tanya and new mex granny. Thank you both for the input. I did t know that the habitats can hold 3 dragons! I am trying to get this sunflower for the quest but I keep getting seed dragon. I'm quite fond right now of my little level 17 plant dragon level 3 poison. I also have my water dragon at level 12 and 3 water attack (keeping her to heal) as for my middle, I've been interchanging between level 14 fire (3 attack) and others. Just got 2 day vip. That is helping with the cash and slightly with food. My farms are only level 2 right now. And I have 8 of them.
no avatar

WillWeigand

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:12 am
While NewMex is right about food being your nemesis, I disagree with her(I'm assuming she's female, sorry if I'm wrong) conclusion. Spend food early and often. In the early stages of the game, spend as much food as you can make(preferably on 2-element dragons). Once you have everyone at level 10 and a few at level 20 you can start making some decent gold and with level 3 farms, that amount of food starts to become trivial. THIS is where you slow down your food consumption and start breeding the 3-element dragons you want for your real team.
no avatar

doesitgoboom

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:39 am
WillWeigand wrote:
While NewMex is right about food being your nemesis, I disagree with her(I'm assuming she's female, sorry if I'm wrong) conclusion. Spend food early and often. In the early stages of the game, spend as much food as you can make(preferably on 2-element dragons). Once you have everyone at level 10 and a few at level 20 you can start making some decent gold and with level 3 farms, that amount of food starts to become trivial. THIS is where you slow down your food consumption and start breeding the 3-element dragons you want for your real team.

Food never becomes trivial. Sorry once you hit level 30ish every two days you are lucky to get one level. I takes 4 mil food to level one dragon to level 35
no avatar

WillWeigand

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:49 am
doesitgoboom wrote:
Food never becomes trivial. Sorry once you hit level 30ish every two days you are lucky to get one level. I takes 4 mil food to level one dragon to level 35

I meant only that the amount of food it took to level to 20 becomes trivial compared to the amounts you are dealing with after that. My top dragons are 35-40. I know how insane it gets up there.
no avatar

CFibre

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:51 am
I agree with everything said. You can lvl your dragons up to lvl 10 without losing sleep and your fighting dragons up to 15 or so and you wont waste too much food. But I suggest identifying your 'dream team' early on and trying to breed them early. I would avoid having void, wind or metal as base elements as the attacks they're weak to will ruin you. Also try keep atleast 1 water for healing and earth for shield. Hope this helps!