Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

mathiaarkoniel

Defeating Brickon

Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:47 pm
Hi!
Does anyone know how to defeat the boss Brickon? He hits me with an attack that leaves just a tiny bit of my life left, and on my second turn once I use an attack I get an automatic -2,147,483,648 hit... by something invisible. I've attached a screencap. In the screencap, I cast heal on my self on my turn, and I automatically got this -2 billion number-hit. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

I am at level 30 with my dragons. What level did your dragons have when you defeated Brickon?
Thanks so much for your help. :)

The attachment Screenshot_2015-03-01-21-37-44.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-03-01-21-37-44.jpg

Tanya A.

Veteran

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:04 pm
It has to be a glitch...He wouldn't be able to do that much damage to you. If it helps any, during a battle, it showed that I did 2 million something damage to one of the dragons and mine are level 25s.

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:05 pm
mathiaarkoniel wrote:
Hi!
Does anyone know how to defeat the boss Brickon? He hits me with an attack that leaves just a tiny bit of my life left, and on my second turn once I use an attack I get an automatic -2,147,483,648 hit... by something invisible. I've attached a screencap. In the screencap, I cast heal on my self on my turn, and I automatically got this -2 billion number-hit. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

I am at level 30 with my dragons. What level did your dragons have when you defeated Brickon?
Thanks so much for your help. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11340[/ATTACH]

You must have taught the level 6 Academy skill "Stone Cold" to your Earth element dragon. If that's the case, then that's no glitch. The reason your dragon is surviving that first hit is because Stone Cold lets your dragon survive with an implied 1 HP, and if that dragon gets damaged after the skill activates, it faints. Alternatively, on that same dragon's next turn (if it doesn't get hurt), it will automatically faint after that turn is up(hence the 2 million+ damage).
Therefore, it's useless to heal a Stone Cold dragon because it will faint on the next turn anyways, so the healing isn't applied to that dragon.

Brickon was a pain. His damage output is ridiculously high, even if you are over level, and he has a bunch of HP. I beat him with a team of I think two level 27s and a 28 (if not then it was three 27s). For bosses like that, I just hope that I get lucky and the boss misses once or twice, because there's no way for me to beat them otherwise. If I were you, I would skip the Stone Shield. I wouldn't set up at all. I would just keep attacking and if the boss happens to miss, go for the Dragon Fury. You might be able to land a good rented dragon if you have friends and don't want to wait for misses, but other than that, your only other option is to level up your dragons further to have a chance at beating him.

Tanya A.

Veteran

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:16 pm
Lynn R. wrote:
You must have taught the level 6 Academy skill "Stone Cold" to your Earth element dragon. If that's the case, then that's no glitch. The reason your dragon is surviving that first hit is because Stone Cold lets your dragon survive with an implied 1 HP, and if that dragon gets damaged after the skill activates, it faints. Alternatively, on that same dragon's next turn (if it doesn't get hurt), it will automatically faint after that turn is up(hence the 2 million+ damage).
Therefore, it's useless to heal a Stone Cold dragon because it will faint on the next turn anyways, so the healing isn't applied to that dragon.

Brickon was a pain. His damage output is ridiculously high, even if you are over level, and he has a bunch of HP. I beat him with a team of I think two level 27s and a 28 (if not then it was three 27s). For bosses like that, I just hope that I get lucky and the boss misses once or twice, because there's no way for me to beat them otherwise. If I were you, I would skip the Stone Shield. I wouldn't set up at all. I would just keep attacking and if the boss happens to miss, go for the Dragon Fury. You might be able to land a good rented dragon if you have friends and don't want to wait for misses, but other than that, your only other option is to level up your dragons further to have a chance at beating him.

It was 2 billion damage though, not 2 million, for the OP

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:26 pm
Tanya A. wrote:
It was 2 billion damage though, not 2 million, for the OP

Whoops, that was a typo on my part. My point still remains the same though.
no avatar

mathiaarkoniel

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 am
Lynn R. wrote:

Thanks so much for the advice. Yes, it is correct that I have Stone Cold taught to my Orange Dragon, but I was hoping it's good for something, like keeping my dragon alive for a turn so I can heal it! But if heal doesn't work, what's the point?

I will do as you said. If you beat Brickon with dragons at Level 27-28, I must be able to beat him with level 30 dragons! :( I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll be lucky.

Thanks again, ever so much for your reply!
no avatar

mathiaarkoniel

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:43 am
Tanya A. wrote:
It has to be a glitch...He wouldn't be able to do that much damage to you. If it helps any, during a battle, it showed that I did 2 million something damage to one of the dragons and mine are level 25s.

Thanks so much for your reply! 2 billion+ is a crazy number for damage points. :( I'll keep trying and hopefully luck will be on my side and he'll miss for a couple of turns.

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:44 am
mathiaarkoniel wrote:
Thanks so much for the advice. Yes, it is correct that I have Stone Cold taught to my Orange Dragon, but I was hoping it's good for something, like keeping my dragon alive for a turn so I can heal it! But if heal doesn't work, what's the point?

I will do as you said. If you beat Brickon with dragons at Level 27-28, I must be able to beat him with level 30 dragons! :( I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll be lucky.

Thanks again, ever so much for your reply!

No problem. I think Stone Cold is good for a number of things; sometimes, you just need that extra turn on one of your dragons to turn the tide of the match. But it is very situational, so there are of course pros and cons of the skill in general. Good luck with the boss, just keep trying.
no avatar

Altayr

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:26 am
I beat him with a level 24 Clay, level 25 Storm and a level 28 Toxic. He missed me around 3 times which made it easy while Toxic's Poison ability was very handy.

I would suggest getting Toxic. It is probably the best non-Legendary Dragon on the game.

Just my opinion, though.

Rares_FromGameloft

Retired Community Manager

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:20 pm
Hello,

The issue should be fixed in the last update. Please reply if you're still encountering it.

Kind regards,
Rares