Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Chunks McGoo

PVE Scoring Formula...

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:16 pm
Sorry if this has been posted before...

Has anyone figured out the formula for scoring in PvE fights? I feel like there are fights I do better and better on, but it doesn't reflect in the score and stars. Just curious how to maximize score for the fights that you are on the cusp of three stars for. For example, will finishing a fight a turn early ever be worth letting one of your dragons die?
no avatar

Chunks McGoo

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:19 pm
Actually, I did notice you can see most of this formula in the info for battles. It doesn't say how speed affects the score, but I guess if I had dug in a little more, most of my question was answered.

PuzzlerWorlds

Brazil

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:41 pm
Chunks McGoo wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted before...

Has anyone figured out the formula for scoring in PvE fights? I feel like there are fights I do better and better on, but it doesn't reflect in the score and stars. Just curious how to maximize score for the fights that you are on the cusp of three stars for. For example, will finishing a fight a turn early ever be worth letting one of your dragons die?

The requirements are listed on the image below:

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

EDIT: Sorry for the redundance, I started replying and went away from the keyboard... (chuckle)
no avatar

WillWeigand

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:12 am
I've done a bit of testing and those formulas are inaccurate.
no avatar

Taurîon

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:55 am
WillWeigand wrote:
I've done a bit of testing and those formulas are inaccurate.

Same here
no avatar

Frog95

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:02 pm
"win as fast as you can " is so generic
no avatar

Chunks McGoo

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 pm
Frog95 wrote:
"win as fast as you can " is so generic

It is, and it seems to be a big part of the formula. Has anyone ever been bored enough to calculate the time difference?
no avatar

Altayr

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:29 am
I haven't but I remember losing one dragon in a battle but only using another dragon twice, and my third once yet I received two stars.

The issue of losing a dragon in a fight seems like a 15,000 loss really. For me, it seems to be the heaviest factor with regard to attaining three stars or less.

NewMexGranny

Albuquerque

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:29 pm
It's very frustrating when you're trying to turn those 2's into 3's...your score is higher and still it remains at 2....I keep trying different attack strategies and it doesn't seem to make a difference....then sometimes for no reason at all it flips over and gives it to me ...even with a lower score and losing a dragon...what!? I sometimes think the computer is in the background chuckling at me...watching me scratch my head...hummm
no avatar

Shinjiteru

Windows Phone

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:50 pm
There is one strategy which was working most of the time for me. If I know that it's going to be a long fight (more than 2-3 rounds) then I made sure that 2 dragons are able to make strong attacks regularly. This usually works for me, as long as all dragons survive. Perfect hits all the time are important in long fights as well.

But I'd like to know more details about the time penalty as well. ^^