Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

Hexvale

Junior Member

Posts

25

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:52 pm
my favorite dragon is my vortex dragon, although it's only level 30 it was able to help some of my friends
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Posts

714

Location

Canada

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:54 pm
Ya, lol the animation or banana made me and my gf chuckle too. Comet is one of the mini bosses on quest 110. Looks a little like aurora by gray and has a Mohawk. I've yet to see the Chinese dragon in game, but he is on a picture in the news and on the splash screen when u load the game. There is another Chinese looking one in the storyline though, I think its name was cosmos or something. I actually think coral has pretty good elements for battle if u like how he looks. I agree that regal has a great combo of elements too. Wind debuff, heal/cure, and vengeful sword. He's a great support dragon for many fights.
no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Posts

714

Location

Canada

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:58 pm
Arch is pretty cool too. Mine's name is Preh (pray, especially to a Canadian hah a)
User avatar

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

574

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:59 pm
Andros2k10 wrote:
My fav Dragon is Regal Dragon because he looks so Debonair. The purple and white and gold looks great. He's definitely staying on my team the only problem i have with him is that he's wind and weak to Fire. I love his triple typing though Wind/Metal/Water



The fire weakness is a pain, but I feel like he's pretty worth it for all of the pain and nuisance he can inflict on enemies. The healing is great too, of course.

And the design is just all-around great for Regal. Purple, the color or royalty, and gold, the color of wealth... the collar and the windswept hair... and, above all, the undeniable cuteness of being a proper-looking little dinosaur. Heck yeah. You know where it's at.


#teamregal
User avatar

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

574

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:02 am
Hexvale wrote:
my favorite dragon is my vortex dragon, although it's only level 30 it was able to help some of my friends



Ooh, I think Vortex is one of the best-designed dragons in general. It's amazing how they incorporated the concept of a black hole / galaxy into an actual dragon, while still making it look sleek and majestic. That's one of the "cat model" dragons that I think is really successful in design.
no avatar

Andros2k10

Senior Member

Posts

182

Location

Queens, New York, United States

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:02 am
Lynn R. wrote:
The fire weakness is a pain, but I feel like he's pretty worth it for all of the pain and nuisance he can inflict on enemies. The healing is great too, of course.

And the design is just all-around great for Regal. Purple, the color or royalty, and gold, the color of wealth... the collar and the windswept hair... and, above all, the undeniable cuteness of being a proper-looking little dinosaur. Heck yeah. You know where it's at.


#teamregal


Dragon not dinosaur when you say dinosaur all i can picture is Barney and thats pretty disturbing LOL! Yeah Regal is cool. Its the 2nd Epic i bred he's staying with me forever. As Jake.Parker said he's a great support Dragon. Regal pretty much has my hair lol. And i like his collars for sure.

Hopefully in the future if Gameloft puts in Accessory feature to dress your Dragon's i'll definitely give him a Sun Glasses to wear haha. I heard some decoration thingy is coming though
User avatar

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

574

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:05 am
Jake.Parker wrote:
Comet is one of the mini bosses on quest 110. Looks a little like aurora by gray and has a Mohawk. I've yet to see the Chinese dragon in game, but he is on a picture in the news and on the splash screen when u load the game. There is another Chinese looking one in the storyline though, I think its name was cosmos or something.



Alrighty, I'll definitely be on the lookout for these dragons in the future. Thanks for the posts and info!

And my Arch's name is Pali. I know that it must be a reference to something, but I can't think of where. =/
User avatar

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

574

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:13 am
Andros2k10 wrote:
Dragon not dinosaur when you say dinosaur all i can picture is Barney and thats pretty disturbing LOL!



Oh no. Oh no! Why did you have to say that? Now... I see Barney.... No!! Cannot unsee!


On a serious note, yeah, the idea of a wardrobe / accessories would actually be a pretty cool one. I don't think it would be too hard or tedious to program some sunglasses on the dragons, or maybe some earrings, or little hats or hairpins or something like that. It would be a good way to make your dragons a bit more unique. And, naming your dragons would be a nice thing too. A five character limit would be sufficient, I think (or four, if they wanted to keep it how it is now).
no avatar

Peridot Weapon

Senior Member

Posts

192

Location

Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:14 am
I'm usually indifferent to the Legendaries, but the month that Pixel finally becomes available I'm going to make sure I get one.

It's typically the dragons that have a little "extra" compared to everyone else that impress me - that one ISN'T a carbon copy of one of the 6-8 usual repainted dragons that you see, and it has 8-bit effects like how it "blinks" when it takes damage and how it "falls down" with remarkably few frames of animation. :D

The Banana and Alien dragons get bonus points for the cure animations when you tap on them.
User avatar

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)
Posts

574

Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 am
Peridot Weapon wrote:
I'm usually indifferent to the Legendaries, but the month that Pixel finally becomes available I'm going to make sure I get one.

It's typically the dragons that have a little "extra" compared to everyone else that impress me - that one ISN'T a carbon copy of one of the 6-8 usual repainted dragons that you see, and it has 8-bit effects like how it "blinks" when it takes damage and how it "falls down" with remarkably few frames of animation. :D

The Banana and Alien dragons get bonus points for the cure animations when you tap on them.


Ah, going for the gold, I see. Generally I'm like you in regards to legendaries; legendaries don't always impress me, but the few that do feel different from the others. Pixel is probably the most unique dragon in the game; it's based off the "flying dragon model" but is still almost completely different in terms of movement. Whoever's idea it was to incorporate it into the game should be happy with the result.