Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Hi guys! I've been enjoying the game so far and I'd like to hear you guys' opinions on some things, just out of pure interest. I'd like to hear your top three favorite dragons and your top three least favorite dragons, and what you like / dislike about those dragons. If you don't have a dragon that you really like, post what your ideal dragon would be like or look like. If you want, feel free to post your dream team as well. I'll start us off.

Least favorites:

1. Earth / Tiger dragons - With these two, I don't think the designs are bad or anything like that. I guess it's just my personal preference that I tend not to like dragons that resemble cats. Dragons and cats just don't tend to mix with me.

2. Rainbow dragon - There are a few things that I'm not fond of for this one: the disproportionately large head, the tiny wings that just don't seem to fit, and the way the colors are blended for the paint job. It's definitely one of my least favorites.

3. Siren dragon - This dragon looks like a hot mess. Lol.

Favorites:

1. Narwhale dragon - I absolutely HATE that this is my favorite dragon in the game, for several reasons. First of all, it's a legendary, which is ironic, because in most video games I'm not even remotely interested in legendary creatures, and I would generally never even consider using them on my main team. I guess you could say that I feel cheap when I use them? I dunno. But, aside from that, being a legendary means that it would only be able to use one attack in battle, which isn't unique, and can never produce "strong" attacks either, so I would probably grow bored with it quickly if I did happen to use it in battle. And, of course, there's that pricing of 4,000 Gems, making it the most expensive dragon in the game, that makes me cringe every time I pass it in the shop, because I know that I'll never be willing to pay that $100+ it'll take to buy it, and my only hope of ever achieving such a dragon would be if a breeding event was hosted for it. But everything about it... the design... the model... the majesty... is just amazing. It's easily the most beautiful dragon in the game, in my opinion. My only biased wish for its appearance would be for it to have an animation that was unique from the typical Boiling dragon model. Narwhale, why couldn't you be Epic? Why do I hate that I love you?

EDIT: NEVERMIND I BRED NARWHALE YES. <33333333333333333333

2. Regal dragon - So posh. So cute. So suave. I just wanna sit down at a table with one in real life and have tea and cookies with 'im (pinkies up, of course). He's definitely staying on my main team. <3

3. Envy dragon - Not only is this dragon my favorite color, but it's also a clever play on words and design, being a serpentine dragon that is literally "green with envy". Too bad I've only seen it once, since it was only fightable in a sub-quest (second island, I believe?), and it's not available for breeding or buying. Hopefully it becomes an event prize or a dragon of the week, because I loved what I saw of it, and would hate to never have a chance at getting it.

Honorable mentions go to Agent and Banana dragons for being my 4th and 5th favorites (and probably my other two perm team members).

Remember that everything posted is opinionated, and isn't meant to trash anyone else's favorites (hence the title of the thread). Your posts don't have to be long and detailed like mine. But, if you happen to drop by, be sure to leave a post about your likes and dislikes! I'd appreciate all of your inputs!
no avatar

llssn

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:49 pm
I think the banana dragon, the tree dragon and the regal dragon are cute. :) they remind me of little t rexes. Wish i could get the machine dragon. I don't care for the mud dragon and

the siren dragon

Oh, the radiant one looks cool. Definitely adding it to my team when I hit day 30.

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:54 pm
    Thanks for posting! And aww, the Tree dragon is a cutie too. Those eyes are probably the most adorable pair in the game.

Lol, the Radiant dragon looks intense, like it could be a Legendary dragon. It's definitely a cool design.
    no avatar

brownguy88

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:35 pm
    Rainbow dragon is my favorite. The disproportionate head and wings, with all the colors is why i love it so. It just looks so different from the rest of the herd. Wish it was epic though, have maybe fire as a third.

Imho, banana is my least. Cmon, a banana. 9gag would be proud though, now were just missing a potato dragon.

Agreed on the cat-like dragons, dragon + cat = meh

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:40 pm
    Eh, to each person his or her own preference. Maybe your interpretation of Rainbow is a lot different than mine, and that's good too. But lol, a potato dragon? That would be an interesting one to see. I wonder, what would its animation be like? Maybe using a grater as a back scratcher? Lol.
    no avatar

Jake.Parker

Veteran

Canada

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:57 pm
    Just wanted to point out that Gameloft says they will be adding new skills to the legendaries, hopefully unique to each one. So cross your fingers on that narwhale! My favorite looking and most desired is comet, i love the mohawk! Followed by the Chinese yin yang dragon, vortex, and titan. I love the snake looking ones most. Least favorite looking i'd have to say is banana, faun, root, water, liquid fire.
    no avatar

Conflicted Angel

Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:59 pm
    Lynn, funny thread... I am 100% with you on the Narwhal dragon, he is one of my favs also, but hate to love him for all the reasons you stated. I also like archangel (same body design, sparkly jewels and cool armor). I do however LOVE LOVE LOVE coral dragon, OMG so freaking cute especially as a baby. I wish we could keep them from growing up (stop them evolving like in Pokemon), but still increase their levels. Baby coral is the bomb! Don't care for them in battle, but that did not stop me from leveling up one of mine as high as I can at this point in game. There are so many others I love as well, so hard to pick just one...

> :D a)

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:28 pm
    Jake.Parker wrote:
    Just wanted to point out that Gameloft says they will be adding new skills to the legendaries, hopefully unique to each one. So cross your fingers on that narwhale!

Thanks for the good news Mr. Parker!

I've never seen the Comet or Chinese dragons. Do you fight them sometime in the game? I'm only a little over halfway into the third map, so I'm probably missing out on a lot of good designs. And yeah, I have to agree on the ones that you dislike (with the exception of Banana, of course :P). Hm, I guess Banana is either a hit or miss. I think that it's super cute, although the concept is unusual in terms of design. What kills me is the animation for it, since the Banana dragon slips on its own peel. When I first saw it in the shop I laughed out loud for a good two minutes and shook my head because of how cheesy it was. I haven't been able to rewatch the animation ever since. I'm just not ready to see it again. Lol.

Lynn R.

Veteran

Apple (iOS)

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:35 pm
    Conflicted Angel, I know how you feel! If Narwhale had been breedable I would've snatched it up in a heartbeat. Archangel is beautiful though, not a bad secondary choice at all. I have a Coral dragon cooking on my hatchery right now, so I'll be seeing how cute a baby one is in a few hours.~ Thanks for the input!
    no avatar

Andros2k10

Queens, New York, United States

Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:42 pm
    My fav Dragon is Regal Dragon because he looks so Debonair. The purple and white and gold looks great. He's definitely staying on my team the only problem i have with him is that he's wind and weak to Fire. I love his triple typing though Wind/Metal/Water