Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.
no avatar

starxnite1

Level 6 skills

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:04 pm
Hey guys just wondering which of the mastery skills you guys like best.
Fire slow burn
Water undecided
Wind lower all opponents base dog
Lightning burnout
Undecided on the rest to let me know what you guys think
no avatar

Peridot Weapon

Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States

Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:12 am
Earth sounds ridiculously useful, but I won't know for sure until I take one of my main fighters "off-line" for twelve hours to teach him (or succumb to gem speed, heh).

I'm talking about Stone Cold, specifically: "Target ally stays alive for 1 additional turn after it is defeated." (Hopefully that's in ADDITION to the normal shield and not replacing it.)

Also not sure if that means they're at zero health and will die on their next turn regardless of what you do, or if they just "ignore" one death blow.
no avatar

Peridot Weapon

Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:52 pm
Let's bump this with a little more discussion on each path. (Max/minning - it's what I do. Heh.)

----------

FIRE

EXPLOSIVE RESULTS - Deals damage to all other opponents. (At Max Level, does 75% of Base Damage.)
Useless if you're only facing one Dragon, nice to have in just about all other situations.
Note that this "splash" damage also does damage THROUGH an Earth Shield.

HOT COALS Path: Defeating a target damages all opponents again.
Seems a bit situational-specific to me, and only really useful when there are three Dragons. Also not sure if it only works if the MAIN target is killed, or if the 'splash damage' from the standard ability can also trigger the effect.

SLOW BURN Path: Burns primary target for two turns.
Your fire ability now effectively "poisons" the main target for two turns (doing about 50% damage each time, I think), and does 75% damage to the other enemies. Good stuff.

----------

WIND

LAST BREATH - Reduces target's base damage.
It's sort of an "offensive" Earth Shield against a single target. I've won many a battle simply by alternating between Last Breath and Earth Shield until I get enough energy for a Dragon Fury.

STORM'S A-BREWIN' PATH - Reduces ALL opponents' base damage.
This IS an "offensive" Earth Shield. You do damage to one enemy and at the same time all of them lose attack strength for two turns. And since it doesn't mention a specific number, I assume it's the full effect of Last Breath on all enemy Dragons. In a one-on-one fight, though, it doesn't offer anything extra.

LAST BREATH "EX" PATH - Reduces target's base damage for FOUR turns.
This basically means you can apply it once and then forget about it, instead of having to reapply it every two turns. Useful if your Dragon is a multi-type with other things they can be doing (shielding, healing, poisoning, etc). No real benefit if you're a solo-type Wind Dragon.

---------

EARTH

STONE SHIELD - Absorb damage for main target and half that damage for other allies.
This gets OBNOXIOUS at high dragon levels and high skill levels. You can easily prevent any damage that's not 10,000 or more. There are several ways around it (Poison, Vengeance, "Splash Damage" from Fire or Energy, surviving until you can Dragon Fury), but if you don't have good Stone Shield countermeasures in your team you won't get too far.

STONE COLD Path - Target ally stays alive for one additional turn after it is defeated.
I bought this path thinking it sounded good, but I might have made the wrong choice. The Stone Cold Protection only lasts as long as the Shield is up, meaning you're putting a direct shield on a Dragon and STILL expect it to take enough damage to die in the next two turns. And once it activates, as soon as you take your next action or take another source of damage, you'll die. Even if you don't take damage on your turn, you'll suffer over 2 Billion Points of "effect damage" and die. More situational specific than I'd have liked.

TOMBSTONE Path - Target's shield lasts for one additional turn.
Free turns are good. This means you can activate the shield and then attack for TWO turns, instead of needing to take every other turn to reapply the Stone Shield. However, it might only last for three turns on the MAIN Target, and the "support" shields wear off after two.

----------

WATER

REVITALIZE - Heals target, heals other allies for a lesser effect.
Honestly, this doesn't impress me. At higher levels, when you're healing 10,000+, maybe. But it needs to be healing at least two turns' worth of damage in a single application or it's less useful than the Stone Shield.

RESTORATIVE RECOURSE Path - Removes negative effects from target dragon.
This can stop those nasty Slow Burn, Last Breath Poison, etc. effects from ruining your day. It won't work against Vengeance, because that's a positive buff on an enemy dragon that hurts you when you attack.

REGENERATION - Heals ally and regenerates some additional health for 2 turns.
Healing that also applies a single target effect that's something like a Stone Shield. But instead of blocking damage, you're recovering from it. Combine Stone Shield with Regeneration and you might live forever.

----------

PLANT

POISON - Deals damage over two turns.
Simple, effective damage that avoids Stone Shield and isn't reduced by Last Breath. Good in a contest of endurance, not so much when you're trying to win fights quickly.

INFECTION - Defeating a poisoned target infects all opponents.
It's nice because you won't be "wasting" poison if you kill an enemy with the attack that poisons them or almost immediately afterwards. Especially in a Stone Shield endurance fight.

PANDEMIC - Poison lasts one additional turn.
This seems a little less useful because Poison is an offensive skill. You'll need to have a Triple-Type dragon to take full advantage of this. For example, a Pandemic (Poison) / Tombstone (Earth) / Regeneration (Water) combo, repeating in that order every three turns. Obnoxious.

----------

METAL

VENGEFUL SWORD - Target gets a defensive aura that deals damage, other allies get a lesser version of this.
Man, this skill ruins my day. Especially because it stacks from different sources. Face a team of all Metal Hybrids, if they all use Vengeful Sword you're taking THREE sources of damage every time you attack. And the effect is unrelated to how hard you're hitting them, you can do 100 damage and take 9,000 in return.

EN GARDE! Path - Absorbs some of the incoming damage and retaliates.
The description isn't clear enough to see if this is worth it. Is it just a weak Stone Shield type of effect that also triggers Vengeful Sword? Does the damage that's absorbed get inflicted back on the enemy?

FINAL VENGEANCE Path - If a target with an active effect is defeated, this deals damage to all enemies
What's considered a "target" for this ability? Is it triggered when an ally is defeated? When an enemy is defeated? Only if the Vengeful Sword effect kills an enemy dragon that has a positive or negative effect on it? It's hard to evaluate how useful things are when I don't understand the description!

----------

ENERGY

ELECTRIC JOLT - Does additional damage to another opponent with a chance to hit all opponents.
Sounds like a less reliable version of the fire "Explosive Results" ability.

BURNOUT Path - Energy attack removes positive effects.
It all depends on when this triggers. I assume Stone Shield would still protect from the damage before it goes away, but would "Vengeful Sword" still trigger or be cancelled before the effect goes off? Either way, it's probably the best direct attack in the game right now.

POWER OF THUNDER Path - Chance that the attack stuns the target.
Energy's a hard one to decide on, because BOTH paths are good. Which is better, using Burnout to turn off the Stone Shield from one target, or stunning the person APPLYING the Stone Shield so they can't reactivate it? Healers can't heal, Vengeful Sword can't be reapplied, etc. The problem is, all those effects last for TWO turns, so a single-turn stun might not be enough. My money's still on Burnout.

---------

VOID

LIFE STEAL - Steals health from target.
Seems good - an attack combined with a lesser, single-target "Revitalize" effect. But if the health you recover is based off of the damage you inflict, it's not very good, because Last Breath or Stone Shield can render the ability useless.

PAY IT FORWARD Path - Defeating a target heals all allies by a small amount.
How much is "a small amount?" Does Life Steal have to be the killing blow? (I assume so.)

DARK RITUAL Path - Defeating a target heals the caster more effectively.
If I'm understanding the description, I'm not impressed. It means Life Steal is more effective with each enemy you defeat. It could be useful as the main attack for a Earth/Void dragon type, maybe - when you're not protecting yourself, you're attacking and healing at the same time for progressively better amounts.

----------

LEGENDARY

I can't offer much input here because I don't have a Legendary. Can anyone else chime in on exactly what the standard Legendary ability and the two "branching paths" do?

DEATH MARK - I've fought against CPU Legendaries, and that's the name of the skill. It's a negative effect that gets applied to your dragon. It doesn't seem to do any damage by itself, but you take damage from being "marked" afterwards. I think this additional damage is triggered every time you take damage from ANY other source or are hit by any other attack. (Even if the attack does zero damage the Death Mark will activate.)

The Death Mark wears off after two turns, like most other negative effects. It only hits a single target.

Honestly, for a "Legendary" ability it doesn't seem all that hot. It turns the Legendary dragons into "support" Dragons instead of champions that can stand alone.