Having troubles in Dragolandia? Encountered a bug or experiencing technical difficulties? This is the place to report.

WattledDuke808

Windows PC

Account progress went missing randomly

Tue May 11, 2021 6:15 pm
CC ticket #551766
I logged on as usual around 9pm yesterday to do some gold collecting and other tasks. However, the game would not launch past the Gameloft splash screen for several minutes. Odd, so I closed and restarted it, a few times -- I was sure my internet was not the culprit. When it finally loaded, I was greeted by the game's beginning tutorial and a fresh starter island. I was shocked at first, but tried restarting one more time to see if it was just a fluke, but nope, everything was actually gone.
My main account was just randomly forgotten, and despite going through the tutorial again and connecting my Microsoft account to it, I could not get it back as there was no account conflict popup that appeared. This is not the first time I've had to go through a fresh restart of the game to get my account set up on another computer, so I'm familiar with the process, but this time was different.
I've confirmed through friends that my account still exists, so it wasn't deleted, thankfully. In my opinion, this seems to be purely a client-side critical issue that needs further investigation and resolution. I don't know if CC can do much about this despite me giving everything they need to know, so what you're reading here is a signal boost.
As you can imagine, after having worked extra hard during the last major event, this random loss of progress is just a slap in the face and should have never happened under normal circumstances. I'd appreciate it if I can resume playing as soon as possible. Thanks...
37dfef Windows EUR | MVP | F2P | 470+ dragons collected (100+ new still unhatched) since August 2019

WattledDuke808

Windows PC

Sorry I meant to post this to the technical issues forum. Edit: when I initially did I was logged out and it said I couldn't post in there.
37dfef Windows EUR | MVP | F2P | 470+ dragons collected (100+ new still unhatched) since August 2019

WattledDuke808

Windows PC

Ok, update on this issue. I tried a clean reinstall of the game again and thought maybe I could get the account back if I tried it once more. Unfortunately, two things happened, one which I had no idea about. The first, after going through a fresh start and connecting to Microsoft again, the account conflict screen showed up with the other account that was produced, not my main account. This gave a lot of clues to me about what was going on. It seemed my main account was never linked to Microsoft in the first place, despite me being able to set it up on two computers; this would explain why I didn't see it in the account conflict screen the first time I tried recovering it. Then, because I connected my Microsoft to both burner accounts, an account conflict screen did appear, so there was no issue with resolving accounts sharing the same social ID.
This brings me to the unfortunate second truth. After discussing with friends, I have learned that there was an unannounced plan to phase out Xbox connections in the game. I looked into the app's local data and found there was a "Microsoft.Xbox" folder with a file containing my XUID and gamertag, which indicates how DML previously used it to change my name.
This upsets me greatly to know that I have been playing this whole time thinking I was already connected to my Microsoft account through my Xbox account, and that my progress can be permanently lost if I do not somehow get my main account linked to the right social ID.
Please Gameloft, if there is anything I can do to get my main account back, let me know how!

AlexYs FromGameloft

Community Manager

Account progress went missing randomly

Wed May 12, 2021 10:00 am
Hi WattledDuke808, you've done everything you could from your side so now you'll just have wait for one of our Customer Care agents to respond to your ticket and help you in recovering your lost progress.

That said, I wanted to add that you can update an existing "conversation" by simply replying to the email thread in question. There's no need to have multiple conversations about the same issue with Customer Care as that will only slow the support process for both you and other players. Best regards and thanks for the patience.
Community Support Manager @ DML / LLHU
Please note that unsolicited private messages sent to me won't be answered.
Please use the appropriate sections of the forums or the Customer Care website.

WattledDuke808

Windows PC

Thanks Alexys for the help and advice, I'll continue waiting as long as it takes to resolve this. I understand that my issue is quite common and that the real underlying issue was my neglect to update my social link. I hope my mistake serves as a reminder for players that having a link established sooner really matters, especially on an account with late progress and MVP. And I'll be sure to reply to the main email next time.

As I'm waiting, I'm concerned this could take another full week before I hear my first response from CC. I get that they may have their hands tied with facing many similar complaints as evident by some of the other threads in here, but time is of the essence in DML. I was told the wait period was 12-72 business hours, but this sounded impractical for a time-sensitive game. The opportunities lost to each passing day without access is irreversible, as I'm sure you're aware. Additionally, my sudden and inexplicable disappearance probably worries many of the friends I have in-game whom I support on the regular.

If permitted, I would like to have some transparency questions answered: what is the success rate for recovering lost accounts, and what might cause an abrupt account loss after playing without a link for an extend period of time?

Nevertheless, best of luck in your recoveries.

WattledDuke808

Windows PC

Re: Account progress went missing randomly

Wed May 19, 2021 11:16 pm
I don't know if it was just coincidence that right after I sent that last post and fell asleep, I was contacted and told my account progress was restored!

Huge thanks to GL and CC for the help! 👍