no avatar

BoomPa

Windows PC

Re: Not getting ads

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:46 pm
Just received email from Hirsto at customer care stating that the developers have removed ads from the battle pack area for Windows players. I don't know if those ads have been removed from the other platforms. I would guess not or she/he would have said so. Opening battle packs is the only way I have to gain the higher level armor parts in the solo bonus events without spending lots of actual money. I just can't figure out the logic in this move by the developers. Can anyone help me understand?
hh8g8h
no avatar

BoomPa

Windows PC

No Battle Packs for Windows Users

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:53 pm
I was just informed by customer care that the developers have removed the ability to earn battle packs by watching ads from the Windows platform. I do not know yet if the other platforms are affected. I've been complaining for some time now that I could not view ads in the battle pack area and couldn't get a straight answer until today. Windows users are you finding that you have no ads in the battle pack area? That pretty much takes away my ability to earn armor pieces in the solo bonus events without spending money. Maybe that's the idea behind it?
hh8g8h

TSY

MVP

Apple (iOS)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:21 pm
I’ve personally also encountered this issue and today Customer Care informs me that in some regions players may no more be able to watch video ads to get free packs (as in, the yellow ad button has been removed for a number of Windows users due to some reasons). 😂
Forum Helper
Feel free to contact me on Discord (TSY#0001).
Wiki / Support Page
no avatar

TheBuster

Windows PC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:18 am
Well, this is not true. I have two accounts, an older one, upgraded to max, and a new one, level 70. I am getting ads in the old one, no ads in the new one. Both accounts are played on Windows PC (same physical machine, different user accounts in Windows)
no avatar

Mehrdad Moh

Google Play (Android)

Usa

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:26 am
haweris.warraich wrote:
Hello! My dogtag is 81ehd5h. I'm not getting ads with which I can get eagle credits and weapon packs, etc.
Every time when I want to get credits or want to get spin the wheel or weapon packs, I had to turn on a VPN. 
But when I use VPN my internet speed gets slower down, due to which my game crashes. 

Please tell me what to do to get these ads. 
Thanks in advance.
no avatar

Mehrdad Moh

Google Play (Android)

Usa

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 am
haweris.warraich wrote:
Hello! My dogtag is 81ehd5h. I'm not getting ads with which I can get eagle credits and weapon packs, etc.
Every time when I want to get credits or want to get spin the wheel or weapon packs, I had to turn on a VPN. 
But when I use VPN my internet speed gets slower down, due to which my game crashes. 

Please tell me what to do to get these ads. 
Thanks in advance.
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Not getting ads

Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:36 am
Hey Mehrdad Moh,

One alternative is that you reached the maximum ads you can watch. Either that, or it just depends on the ads campaigns that are currently able to run in the game.

If you have any more questions, you can send a message to Customer Care. They may be able to share more details.

Cheers!
no avatar

TheBuster

Windows PC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:04 pm
I was told by support that the button "Watch Ad" was removed. Well, that's ****.

#1. I am getting the button in ONE of the accounts, and not getting the button in the other account. This is a unfair advantage for SOME players.

#2. Even so, what are you, Gameloft? Slowly becoming EA Games and milking players? HOW I am supposed to finish the dailies when you are asking me to open to weapon packs BUT are not providing me any way to earn those packs in the game, besides paying real money?

So you either drop the freakin daily requirement for weapon packs, either put the freakin button back!

#3. At the end of the multiplayer game, OLD account gets the opportunity to watch an ad for 5/10 credits, the new one DOES NOT. FREAKING UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAMELOFT Either implement the limitations FOR EVERYONE, either drop them.
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Not getting ads

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:34 pm
Unfortunately, this is not something we have full control over - how ads campaigns get distributed may have legal or certain policy implications.

I'm sure that since you've been playing you saw various ads, which is proof that these campaigns change and vary, so don't worry, just because you can't see ads now, it doesn't mean this is permanent.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.
no avatar

TheBuster

Windows PC

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:20 pm
Lina, thank you for your answer.

It's not about getting ads. It's about the button "Watch ad" what is missing from Weapons Packs page. The only way for me to obtain a Weapon Pack is to pay for it with credits. This is what I mean by unfair, because the guy next to me is getting the weapon packs for free, while I have to pay. I am not alone in this, there are others complaining about same thing.

So it's not about "ad campaign changing", it's about a missing button in user interface. (same goes for Class packs, you know what I mean, Sapper, Kommander, Morph, and so on. The Watch Ad button is missing from there too).

Bottom line: in order to get the same amount of packs as anyone else, I have to pay about 300 USD on credits to spend them on packs. All this while other players get those for free.

I can post screenshots, if you need them. Same machine, same platform (windows PC), two different accounts. One of them gets the packs for free, the other has to pay. Does that look fair to you?