no avatar

pryce

Windows PC

hello this is pryce, 

I know there is a problem with hanging and crashing games, unable to open etc. i found a FIX for this problem and if you read this spread the word about the solution if it helps you.

The problem is a windows update.. If you are unable to update through windows update or if there is a problem with the windows updates then try the following:

download the ISO tool from https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10.

connect your mc5 account with the xbox app in your pc or facebook so you can keep your progress.

Disable internet and your antivirus and run the tool.

accept, select UPGRADE THIS PC NOW,,  connect to the internet and reset MC5 and re enable antivirus.

Disable BITS windows key+R services.msc --- background intelligent transfer service, disable.
(Doing this can help with lag)..

run mc5, enjoy

I was having the crash problems and the game would hang at loading weapons data and after viewing daily challenges etc. This is wht i did to fix the problem i had and the same one ive been reading about here in the forums.

I couldnt find a solution until i found the source of the problem by trying several other things and this is the one that worked for me.

LordDragonMPF

Windows PC

Poland

After clicking the link (ISO Tool) I go to the page where I get the question if I want to install Windows 10; the problem is that I have Windows 10 and I do not want to reinstall it the fourth time (he had a few problems before).
I have a problem with the MC5; game suspend the game during the mission in the chapter: The Hunt mission 3 Vantage Point. Only this 1st level hangs (I want to get the missing 1 star for 1 quest).

Platform: Windows 10/Xbox
no avatar

pryce

Windows PC

run the windows trouble shooter on Microsoft apps. if the troubleshooter says something like --

x hanging and crashing apps
not fixed

then try the steps i gave you. what it will do is repair your windows update and allow for an up to date version of windows that has fixed the windows store apps problem.

it will not reset your pc and you get to keep all your stuff the way you leave it.

when you run the tool, select --- UPGRADE THIS PC

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

A quick note: Follow these steps at your own risk.
I'm not talking ill about anyone, but this is as far as I can see an unofficial solution that requires downloading an external tool having yet to be verified by GL.
AR is love, AR is life.
no avatar

pryce

Windows PC

the tool is straight off the microsoft website that will update your machine to the latest version windows has which in doing so allows for smooth performance of MC5.

ive been sharing this in global chat for a week now and so far it has helped other players.

do it if you want, if not wait for a solution until you find one. Gameloft hasnt offered any help with the crashes because they cant as its not up to them to fix each individual computer, that is the users job.

if you are still running windows version 1803, then it may require an update to latest to run smoothly any game.
no avatar

Lina FromGameloft

Community Manager

Windows PC

Thanks, pryce!

The devs confirm this can work and the steps are harmless, this being mainly a Windows update procedure. Thank you for pointing out the profile sync to void losing progress.

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Alright, then it's safe to trust this solution. :)
AR is love, AR is life.

Str8upGamer

Windows PC

cheers
no avatar

pryce

Windows PC

Youre welcome Lina