Windows PC

Re: i can't enter into the game

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:24 pm
Dogtag:h8fgc0
Platform: Windows 10
TicketID:17554432

I connect from Bangalore, India.

There is one interesting observation:

Mostly the game crashes or hangs when I open the game in Maximized or Full-screen mode, I had to restart the game (not PC) more than 8-10 times. But when I open the game in Normal screen mode, mostly game opens (almost 8 out of 10 times)

I have also observed that many times the game crashes/hang in MP or after opening Daily Challenge Screen if the screen is maximized. But did not see this behavior in normal screen mode.
no avatar

SoldierMrT

Windows PC

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:22 am
FYI, I'm back to full functionality - even MP games. (FWIW, my other GL game Asphalt 9 also fully op too). Thanks

Now, about getting Grinder back to its rightful place as the premier Time to Kill weapon of choice ...?
no avatar

Hamza L

Windows PC

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:14 pm
lucky you, my game still lagging :(
no avatar

SoldierMrT

Windows PC

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am
nope, spoke too soon. gotta send in some dmp files now as MC5 (in fact both of my GL games) back to failing, [sigh]
no avatar

Hamza L

Windows PC

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:26 pm
LOL that sad
no avatar

Vault

Windows PC

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:09 pm
Hi guys,

The last two months I have the following problem. I can only join non-ranked and sb matches, but not ranked multiplayer matches. Having 2 paragon and one 7 vip account it is a bit frustrating....I am based in UK. Windows 10 .dt 1c7345.
I have opened a ticket and I am still waiting an answer, so I joined the forum to see my luck here.

Thanks.
no avatar

SoldierMrT

Windows PC

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:46 am
FWIW an update to other Windows 10 (x64) PC users for poss solution.  Over last two weeks its been v frustrating not even being able to open the game, or it opens and then freezes.  A couple of times I got in and managed 2 or 3 MP games but it didnt seem to be anything to do w whatever I was doing and quite random: eg un/reinstalling; restarting; registry clean; WSReset.exe. And then would be unavail again for whole days.

Today, I managed to open the game and play MP matches, close the game and open again w full functionality x4 times in a row.  This is what I did FYI/FWIW:
1) Made sure Windows updates are up to date.
2) Uninstall the game
3) Run WSReset.exe - resets Windows Store link
4) Registry clean - I used Jetclean by BlueSprig which seemed to be the diff for me - I had used Wises before but todays solution proved workable only w Jetclean.  So, if you tried a reg clean already  and it didnt work, maybe use another?
5)  Restart PC
6) Reinstall & Launch

A couple of times it loaded a little slowly but closing the window and relaunching was fine.

Of course, this could all have possibly coincided with some GL fix in the background but like I said - steps 1-6 above all FYI/FWIW for other Win 10 PC users and at least get back to the daily rewards page whereas before it wasnt loading at all.  Good luck
no avatar

pryce

Windows PC

Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:43 am
hello this is pryce, 
I know there is a problem with hanging and crashing games, unable to open etc. i found a FIX for this problem and if you read this spread the word about the solution.

The problem is a windows update.. If you are unable to update through windows update then try the following:

download the ISO tool from https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10.

Disable internet and your antivirus and run the tool.

Reboot from the ISO, connect to the internet and reset MC5 and re enable antivirus.

Disable BITS windows key+R services.msc --- background intelligent transfer service, disable.
(Doing this can help with lag)..

run mc5, enjoy

forgive the copy and paste of this reply but it might help someone. This is how i solved my dc, crash and hanging MC5.