no avatar

aggroc

Apple (iOS)

Touchscreen controls - iPhone X/XS/XYZ

Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm
I've posted this here before in other threads - but now I think it needs some attention on its own:

I switched from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone XS - and since then my MC5 experience has turned upside down when it comes to controlling the game via touchscreen. 

In detail:
- My touch controls feel either incredibly jittery and over-sensible - or incredibly slow.
- My touch controls are dealing with heavy latency - and I'm not confusing that with the occasional (or, lately, more often) happening server lags.
- My touch controls (especially aiming/shooting) sometimes just seem to "freeze" - i.e. not reacting at all for a short time.
- The camera flips uncontrollably very often.
- I tried every controls setting there is -  "smooth aim", "alternative cam control", "sensitivity", "aiming sensitivity", etc. - I never seem to achieve satisfactory results.
- My device is working perfectly with other touchsceen controlled games.

As far as I have noticed, I don't seem to be the only player experiencing these problems - as I see a lot of other players' movements in multiplayer matches showing quite "awkward" behaviour as well (like suddenly staring into the sky = flipping screen camera; suddenly freezing/not able to shoot at me in front of me, etc.)

So what I would like to know:
- Am I just too **** to customize my controls - or is there really an issue going on here with the touchscreen controls of latest generation iPhones?
- Let's just assume I am too ****: can you give me any recommendations for the controls settings?
- Are there any other players on newer iPhones experiencing these problems?

Looking forward to read some reactions here. Cheers.

Fªsin8

Apple (iOS)

Yes, the same control issues here on both my X and XS.

Everything was good on the X before the lousy last update. Now the game is not worth playing, as half of the time you are just offering yourself up as a free kill.  For the sake of my phones I will quit this game, at least until the next update.

Any decent developer would provide a hot fix. But not Gameloft Bucharest, then again they are not decent.

Edited
To the wicked, everything serves as pretext.
- Voltaire

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Again, blame the right GL. GL Bucharest is behind the development of MC5, so any harsh words or complaints are on them.

As for the sensitivity problems, I'm playing on PC, and when update 24 was out, my sensitivity was really high. However, I managed to fix it by disabling Smooth Aim and then crank down the sensitivity to my liking.
Hope it helps you as well.
AR is love, AR is life.

Fªsin8

Apple (iOS)

As for the sensitivity problems, I'm playing on PC, and when update 24 was out, my sensitivity was really high. However, I managed to fix it by disabling Smooth Aim and then crank down the sensitivity to my liking.Hope it helps you as well.

These issues seem to be specific to the iPhone X/XS/XS Max.  Unfortunately, disabling Smooth Aim does not help.  I have adjusted the sensitivities many times to no avail.
To the wicked, everything serves as pretext.
- Voltaire
no avatar

aggroc

Apple (iOS)

As for the sensitivity problems, I'm playing on PC, and when update 24 was out, my sensitivity was really high. However, I managed to fix it by disabling Smooth Aim and then crank down the sensitivity to my liking.
Hope it helps you as well.

Thanks for the suggestion - but I already tried that, too (as described in my lengthy posting). Also, I think that this is a touchscreen-specific problem.

Gabriel from Gameloft

Retired Community Manager

Windows Phone

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 am
Hi aggroc and Fªsin8, please contact Customer Care team via in game button and they will take a closer look into it.
no avatar

aggroc

Apple (iOS)

Re: Touchscreen controls - iPhone X/XS/XYZ

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:17 am
Hi Gabriel,

I did - so let's see what happens...

Quang N.

Veteran

Steam

Re: Touchscreen controls - iPhone X/XS/XYZ

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:22 pm
The CC team will look into it, but there's no guarantee you'll get a response from them...
AR is love, AR is life.
no avatar

Morten_Høy

Google Play (Android)

I play on a Sony tablet  and I experience the same problems . I have tried everything from render scale , smooth aim, sensitivity etc  and I really have to use a lot power to play this game, and I play a lot of other games without this issue. Sometimes the camera jumps around, and even though the sensitivity is 100 I have to use a lot of force to shoot and walk around. Auto sprint is only working for me sometimes and sometimes the fire button freezes up.. I have tried everything

Gabriel from Gameloft

Retired Community Manager

Windows Phone

Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 am
Hi aggroc, please share your ticket id here :)