Lily from Gameloft

Retired Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Current Battlefield Season will end at next regular maintenance on Tuesday (March 28th). You have one more week to fight for your ranking and prepare for the next Season. Good luck to everyone! 

Share this information to your friends and Guild memebers!
no avatar

cfunky

Google Play (Android)

Hi Lily, will there be any change in the battlefield chests content, and the battlefield shop in the next season? 

will the next season start straight away or only after update 9?

ripcord

Apple (iOS)

If I had to guess update 9 is released the day of the reset.
Ripcord3 (Mage), Linchpin (war), Koemasu (Monk), RIPsaw (BK)
~Bloodlust~ guild, Dawnwatch server, Unity guild, Whitepike Server
no avatar

Colorock

Thanks Lily.  Can you share if there will be changes to BF with the reset or with update 9.  Some pretty big issues with the que system.  Way to easy for booster to take advantage of it.
no avatar

Hackige

They already have confirmed that queue system changes are going to be included but haven't said what. 

I suspect they may not announce the changes since they typically don't explain how the system works. 

Heres to hoping it helps.
no avatar

Colorock

I hadn't heard that they acknowledged changes were coming to the que system.  Lots of people askign about it but had not seen and replies from GL.  That is good ot hear.  Hope they make the right changes.

Lily from Gameloft

Retired Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your care about the battlefield. There will be change regarding the battlefield matchmaking in the upcoming UPD9. Previously as you may know the matchmaking rule results in boosting from some players. We focus on this issue in this update combined with suggestions from you about how to improve it. Hopefully it can improve the situation. Our priority is to stop boosting first, and match players with similar ability, so after the change it may or may not have some effect on your waiting time for the battlfield. Do not hesitate to let us know if you think the change bothers you in the new update.  
As for the battlefield chest and shop, there will be change regarding this. I'll ask for details and create a thread here to let you know before the udpate goes live if possible. 

Thanks 
Lily
no avatar

Wayne_Gameloft

Site Admin

And to add to Lily's post above, here is some info to those players who are stocking up on blue chests hoping to get Season 3 stuff once the season starts. Please note that after season 3 starts, if you are opening blue chests obtained in season 2 hoping to get items of season 3, that will not happen. Season 3 items can only be obtained by winning chests obtained during season 3.

This was a glitch in the previous season which is now fixed.
no avatar

Scottyee023

So then my question for this is..  with BF reset coming on Tuesday and just assuming that the update will not be arriving that same day as the BF reset will happen...  will the start of the new BF season be with the same ol same ol that we are dealing with now?  (flooded with boosters and carried by boosters)  Or do we have some hope that the BF changes (that will arrive with the update) will happen at the start of the new BF season?