SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Decker wrote:
Don't know about everyone else but running the deputy for 1 full day yielded 51 packs worth of parts, now assuming a 'normal-ish' yield from the 8 hour deputy of 21 packs worth that's 10 packs worth shy of 3 x 8 hour deputies.

If that is the expected behaviour we're looking at 150 odd packs worth of parts which will leave a large shortfall for most.

There's a bit of gift horses and mouths here, but here goes....

Single better than continuous deputy
I mentioned above that there's some economies of scale that don't play out when running deputies one after the other (or one continuously for 72 hours in this case) - like I said: I'd much rather have 9 x 8hr deputies to use at my convenience, not one long 72 hour one. It also depends on how you start the deputy and how you measure yield - let's park measuring for now.... We only get 1 chance to kick off the deputy (not 9 chances to kick off the deputy) - essentially it's 8 fewer chances to squeeze a bit more out of each deputy by setting up the start.

Yield at the 48/72 hour mark
The yields I'm getting are comparable to the 48 hour deputy we got with the first Bounty Cascade btw.... Right on the 48 hour mark (of the 72 hour deputy operator currently running) I've yielded 106 packs worth of parts (like you said: on track for around 150 odd).

Parts imbalances
I think the much bigger concern (than an overall shortage of numbers of parts) for most (in order to finish the event) will be the shortage of one particular part. In my case it's going to be scopes - the drop rate is pathetic (even compared to normal standards) and the numbers tell me I'm going to come up short. Clearly this is 'by design' (see above in thread).

Coming full circle - same ol' decision
Other than me smelling a small street rodent here....  The crux here is getting over the line to complete the event. Increasingly this is looking like we're going to have to make a decision on how much waste we either are or aren't going to throw at it.

We have been here before
Want to take a bet on the next three stage event having one of the stages set-up with extortionate upgrade parts requirements??  ;) .  (I can't take a bet with GWD because I suspect all he'd offer is some consulting on my signature block and a drop of that garbage Tooheys he drinks  :D ). Point is: We've been here before (too many times now) for me to be able to continue to believe that this is an error. The smell of that street rodent is getting stronger each time... most of these events have almost the same issue.... Perhaps someone has been taking the ur1ne all this time.

Road testing the deputy
Not all players have shelled out 500 rubies for the deputy operator before - this is a good way for Gameloft (self created) to get people accustomed to what they get if they fork out, whilst not having to confess to (so called) 'errors' in the upgrade parts requirements. A taste test of sorts. (I know I could drop more cynical / sinister analogies in here - but let's leave it for now).
Attachments
Screenshot_20210419-140843.png
Screenshot_20210419-140843.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 114 times
Screenshot_20210419-092131.png
Screenshot_20210419-092131.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 117 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

:D I appreciate the 'gift horse' but like you I too smell a disease ridden rodent in this one (and several other points in this game).

Rather than fix something they'd rather bait players, lots of stinky lil rodents in this game, leaving me very much in the camp of they pay peanuts so they get monkeys!
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Unofficial Sniper Fury Forums - https://sf.scotia-it.com

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

I've said it before. These practices are psychologically archaic.

[Edit: Added screen pic - 11* SM (for top 50 players) in Victory Day event using Gunpoint Mk3.

ps. So does this mean you won't take the bet then?  :D
Attachments
Screenshot_20210419-150144.png
Screenshot_20210419-150144.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 110 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:

Ladbrokes wouldn't take that bet :D

GL seem to think their players are all **** and that our old friend 'con' (just plain simple con this time) will go unnoticed, but again when have GL ever respected their customer base...

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Decker wrote:
SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:

Ladbrokes wouldn't take that bet :D

GL seem to think their players are all **** and that our old friend 'con' (just plain simple con this time) will go unnoticed, but again when have GL ever respected their customer base...

Ladbrokes don't pay out if your three legged doped up pony only gets to Stage 2 of the event. ;)

You're right about this specific type of con.... I think Con has been up late at night binge watching Blackadder during the lock down - gathering aspirational input for the psychologically archaic art of stitch-up.

Blackadder: Baldrick, I have a very, very, very cunning plan.
Baldrick: Is it as cunning as a fox conceived in the back of a Ford Cunvan, born on Cunningmeadow, the first son of the Cunningham family from Cunningshire, went to daycare run by Mrs Cunningbottom, what was schooled in Cunningvale, played football for Cunningston, then graduated with honours from the University of Cunnington, got married to MacCunning's daughter, and what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on again and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?
Blackadder : Yes it is.  :D

In my case, the stitch up looks like a severe shortage of scopes.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210419-144910.png
Screenshot_20210419-144910.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 110 times

In April

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

For the record: 72 hour deputy operator just finished.

Tried to screen pic the entire log. Got two thirds of the way through then got the dreaded "reconnecting" screen then the attached screen pics - when I got back in the log was gone - so no full reconciliation of the log this (not that it matters).

I managed to get an inventory screen pic before getting booted out again.

72hr deputy operator yield was:
87 Plasma cores
86 Scopes
80 Electronics
113 Muzzles
111 Clips

Bottom line: 477 parts = 159 packs 

In the past 24 hours scope drops actually came home strong (while Plasma cores and Electronics slowed down). Go figure. Either way I'm still going to be significantly short.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210419-220434.png
Screenshot_20210419-220434.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 99 times
Screenshot_20210419-214646.png
Screenshot_20210419-214646.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 99 times

In April

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

So, deputy finished and doing the last 2 upgrades on the scope to start with (see below for the ridiculous requirements, baring in mind you have to do 4 at that level), going on remaining packs after that upgrade there's going to be a load of packs require opening, many more than the 'gifts'.

Take into account also that ad videos are currently humped for StW (along with most of the rest of the game, including MASSIVE slowdown on practically every part) so loosing out on parts and packs there also.

I can see this being my last rodeo!
Attachments
UG.PNG
Who came up with this bright idea?
UG.PNG (109.5 KiB) Viewed 82 times

PUNKMOON

Windows PC

I'm confused. So the event still has 2 days and 14 hours to run. Victory Day starts in 1 day and 14 hours, 24 hours before the event ends.
I currently have the Gunpoint Mk3 in stock, not fully upgraded, of course.
If I equip it, I become eligible for Victory Day, and so I assume everyone else, regardless of their upgrade progress, can do the same and also take part in Victory Day.
What exactly happens at the end of the event, if the weapon is not fully upgraded? Can the weapon then be upgraded using standard parts?

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Looks like you might be able to equip the Mk3 and do VD event for the 24 hours before the exotic event ends, but it HAS to be fully upgraded to finish the exotic event and win it.

PUNKMOON

Windows PC

It has to be fuly upgraded to win the 4 x 11* SMs, but as far as I can tell the weapon is mine to keep, right now. Or will it be removed? If so what happens to all the people playing Victory Day with a partially upgraded weapon?