GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

This had better be one he|| of a weapon. Like take-down-11*-with-one-hit type of weapon.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Very much doubt it...

Look at how the game has (d)evolved - gameplay replaced by 'viewing ads', game geared towards using more and more consumable items to push further towards real world cash purchases, multiple serious issues with the game itself.

The work/reward ratio is now just not worth it, but like most I'm feeling seriously cheated after over 5 years of playing.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Unofficial Sniper Fury Forums - https://sf.scotia-it.com

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

[snip] wrote:
(4) Out of all the beverages you could have chosen after lock down, you chose Tooheys. What the?. For someone who had a signature block go viral, and, who lives in a country (which is the epicentre of a mighty commonwealth empire) mourning one of the world's greatest distinguished and long serving senior public servants, I find this underwhelming beverage choice to be "of concern". ;)

Please don't tell me you are a VB gal. :o
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Deputy operator - optimising yield

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:31 pm
GWD wrote:
Snipey: Your analysis is correct re: the MK3 situation.

Thank you for letting us know.
[snip]

BTW, I've never used the Deputy. Can a player still open packs while the deputy runs or is it a Deputy-only function? The Deputy opens packs and replaces them as soon as they are finished processing so it appears that the player just plays the Chapters/Missions.

Deputy operator stuff
To answer you specific question: Yes... technically speaking a player can still open packs while the deputy is running - but I definitely wouldn't - there's no need to do so. I also wouldn't play any missions or upgrade the weapon while the deputy is running either.

The deputy operator's process is to: a. open packs, and, b. generate packs. Don't get hung up on her process is my advice - her output is not Supreme Packs, her output is parts into your inventory (that come out of the packs she opens). If you see it this way (i.e. all you care about is parts yielded into inventory) then it makes it a little easier, in my experience.

Hints to getting maximum possible yield out of the deputy operator are scattered far and wide through these forums (deliberately). Read on....

The big tip I have is: get out of the game all together if you can - leave the deputy operator to do her job. If you interfere your yield will be way less (we have measured this time and time again since the deputy was introduced back during the first Bounty Cascade - I have blown alot of rubies, analysed every log and done comparisons as exhaustively as possible). This tip sounds counter intuitive because it is - I can't explain why, it just works so I accept it. I accept it because the numbers don't lie and the deputy operator yields more on every occasion when I just leave her alone to do the job I'm paying her 500 hard earnt rubies to do (if you look at it one way she actually does the job more efficiently that I do too!).

I used to bury this sort of detailed information into responses in other threads, deliberately leaving link trails by not repeating answers over and over again in plain site (some thought that Gameloft would read them and nerf the deputy operator), but lately I tend to not keep tucking stuff away, so...

Detailed comments and hints/tips on the deputy operator can be found above in this thread (check the first page there's a link trail) and here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=708366&p=4072308#p4072308

That thread also has a link trail in it (just like this one does). There are other posts here and there, but if you want most of it all in one spot then read that thread.

Again, I can't tell you enough: Let the deputy operator do her job unimpeded. 

To check progress I am going in through inventory - not the event. In the first 10 hours of deputy operator running I got 84 parts. This is up there with my expectations. I will only be going into the event to do StW (and even then I am hesitant to do so). I do not need to look at the deputy log to see progress (it's impractical to use the log anyway - all I care about is the output) - looking at inventory is a convenient (and also least invasive) way to measure what's happening.

Beverage banter
​ps. VB - seriously? Only bogans from the People's Republic of Danistan (or Mexico as we call it) would even consider drinking that garbage. Just for that suggestion I'm raising my assessment of your decision making process from "of concern" to "is concerning".

[Edit: Screen pic attached courtesy of Taz28].
Attachments
2021-04-16.png
2021-04-16.png (328.03 KiB) Viewed 166 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Thank you for the detailed response. I will take your advice as this event unfolds.

Good judgment on the VB, BTW.
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

GWD wrote:
This had better be one he|| of a weapon. Like take-down-11*-with-one-hit type of weapon.

Don't hold you're breath is my tip. Maybe if it had Symbiosis it would be a different story..
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Well, it does have Symbiosis. But a kill has to be made to make it work.

BTW, I activated the 3-day Exotic Deputy. One of the three Supreme Pack boxes was left empty to see what would happen. The Deputy immediately filled it and the expiration was 50 minutes rather than the usual 60 minutes. That explains how the extra Packs are awarded.

However, that calculates to 28.8 packs in 24 hours rather than the usual 24 packs. 86 parts rather than 72 parts if you choose to view it that way. Somewhat of a minor difference.

From what others have posted, there seems to be more packs / parts than this awarded. Not sure where they are generated.
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

GWD wrote:
Well, it does have Symbiosis. But a kill has to be made to make it work.

BTW, I activated the 3-day Exotic Deputy. One of the three Supreme Pack boxes was left empty to see what would happen. The Deputy immediately filled it and the expiration was 50 minutes rather than the usual 60 minutes. That explains how the extra Packs are awarded.

However, that calculates to 28.8 packs in 24 hours rather than the usual 24 packs. 86 parts rather than 72 parts if you choose to view it that way. Somewhat of a minor difference.

From what others have posted, there seems to be more packs / parts than this awarded. Not sure where they are generated.

Yield speculation
Don't over think it, you'll do your head in (and you've already poisoned that brain enough with Tooheys recently). And remember, leave her alone to do her thing - no matter how great the temptation. Let's talk currency in packs (not parts) for the rest of this post. You should yield way more than 28.8 packs worth in a 24 hour period - it would be reasonable to expect (up around) say 55 packs per 24 hours (in my experience). [Edit: Seeing screens (like the one on the pic attached), while the deputy operator running, is not uncommon. Again, don't look for logic and don't interfere. End edit].

Missed caveat
One thing I didn't mention above in this thread is that Gameloft still determine what the content of those packs are - i.e. which parts drop more than others. This is a vulnerability of this method of parts acquisition.

Parts shortages are still an issue
My deputy is chugging along quite nicely. I will say (so far) that my prediction is that I will have a shortage of scopes at the end of this process - when looking at inventory at the moment I have 100 clips and only 38 scopes (70 something of each of the other 3 parts) - quite an imbalance. Unfortunately, a down side to the deputy operator is that the drop biases (the ones Gameloft program in to make our parts drops imbalanced) become very obvious through the process - the larger overall numbers exaggerate the issue (especially when you're not using parts to upgrade the weapon). Another negative you might see (in about three days time) is a significant amount of wasted parts - in this case Gameloft are paying for that waste (not me) it's fair to say. All that said, the negative points are still far outweighed by the overall benefits of the deputy operator, in my opinion.

Costing the deputy operator
Leaving force drops (i.e. the technique of influencing parts needed by going to packs a certain way when needing a certain part) aside, I cost it this way: If I had to buy 4 x Supreme Pack gambles it would cost me 400 rubies. If I shell out 500 rubies I get a deputy operator for 8 hours and she (typically) yields the contents of 20 pack gambles. I have costed (in the past) using those 500 rubies in another way - like skip timers, buying a pack, etc. instead of spending them on the deputy operator... No matter which way you do it - the deputy operator comes out as the least cost option for yield. Running the 8hr deputy overnight - while I sleep - is typically the way I do it btw. There are of course some "economies of scale" to consider with a 72hr continuous deputy operator (but she's free at the moment so we can't complain about this)... what I mean here is the yield (just like it was in Bounty Cascade with the longer term deputy operator) we be slightly less than what it would be if we took 9 blocks of 8 hours on our own terms.

Gameloft's gift
In this case (if you want a look at it this way): Gameloft just gifted us 6,000 rubies worth of stuff. I got 15 packs** (worth 1,500 rubies - depending on how you cost them) and a deputy operator for 72 hours (worth 4,500 rubies - 500 x 9). Perhaps the best gift they gave me was not worrying about the event for 72 hours  ;)  - but this may be replaced with anxiety over a shortfall in one specific part (such is the emotional yo yo of a game with psychologically archaic principles designed in to it  ::)  ).

A smart gift
By providing the deputy operator as a gift, Gameloft is giving everyone a taste of something they (you would think) may like to spend rubies on at a later date. I mentioned this back in the first Bounty Cascade when the deputy operator was first introduced. Clever strategy rather than recoding the upgrade parts requirements in this event.

** Note here: I value unopened packs more highly than I do open packs - but this is perhaps a topic for another thread.

Attachments
Screenshot_20210417-224901.png
Screenshot_20210417-224901.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 123 times
Screenshot_20210417-171144.png
Screenshot_20210417-171144.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 145 times

In April

no avatar

Joseph O Shea

Windows PC

97 parts to move Stability from L4 to L5 . If they are expecting to have a fully upgraded gun to finish Chapter 10 there will be a lot of exhausted gamers out there!

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Don't know about everyone else but running the deputy for 1 full day yielded 51 packs worth of parts, now assuming a 'normal-ish' yield from the 8 hour deputy of 21 packs worth that's 10 packs worth shy of 3 x 8 hour deputies.

If that is the expected behaviour we're looking at 150 odd packs worth of parts which will leave a large shortfall for most.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Unofficial Sniper Fury Forums - https://sf.scotia-it.com