SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Decker wrote:
The real question is: Does the weapon have to be fully upgraded to complete the event???

I'd hazard a guess at yes [snip]

The attached screen pic has none of those little pop up icons on it (Android version) - they've all mysteriously disappeared (again). Does the Windows version of this "Event Status" screen have any additional information (drill down / hover / whatever) on it????

GWD - anything over on Discord in this regard?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210415-222935.png
Screenshot_20210415-222935.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 167 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Gunpoint Mk3 sights

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:01 pm
SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
Decker wrote:
[snip]

Sights are still shocking, can only hope they change for the MK2/3.

[snip]

[snip]

De ja vue on the sight issue
Looking at the artwork for the Mk1, 2 & 3 (Gunpoint) the bolt on embellishments look similar to those bolted onto Lawmaker Mk1, 2 & 3. So... if this weapon event is anything like Lawmaker Mk1, 2 and 3 (remember how bad the scope was in the Mk1 in that event?), my notes suggest that the third scope upgrade in Stage 3 should solve the annoying scope problem (can't speculate on what happens between now and then). My notes also indicate that the scope on Lawmaker Mk2 was better than the Mk3 (let's hope that's not repeated here).

[snip]

I've done three upgrades on the sights. For the record: It looks like the attached screen pic. Not impressive is my opinion at this point in time.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210415-214516~2.png
Screenshot_20210415-214516~2.png (293.43 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

Sleepwalker

Veteran

Windows PC

The attached screen pic has none of those little pop up icons on it (Android version) - they've all mysteriously disappeared (again). Does the Windows version of this "Event Status" screen have any additional information (drill down / hover / whatever) on it????

No, the Windows version no longer has the little "info" item where in the first two stages it stated that you had to have the weapon fully upgraded to proceed.  Which of course means basically nothing, since GL aren't particularly consistent (unless repeating mistakes counts as "consistency".)

I've only done the first upgrade of each type for the weapon, but I stopped when I saw the huge jump in parts to upgrade at level 2.  If it's a mistake, I'll wait until it is fixed before doing any more upgrades, and if it's not a mistake then I guess I'll have to think hard about how badly I want those 11* squadmates.

Frankly, there's only so much we can expect from the company that designed a weapon with an attached sight and then decided that the aim point would be a floating circle somewhere outside the sight area.  Clearly, nobody over there is even trying anymore.

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

I've got 11 upgrades to go to a fully upgraded weapon, no muzzles left, so I can see this being a practical impossibility to complete even with deputies.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Unofficial Sniper Fury Forums - https://sf.scotia-it.com

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

See attached. Caveat emptor.

In other news...

Some back of the envelope mathematics
Assuming a full is upgrade required:
(9 + 31 + 53 + 75 + 97) x 4 = 1,060 parts
1,060 parts = 354 Supreme Packs
These numbers assume perfect drops.

Shooting the breeze on the above mathematics
It is more likely that the total number of packs needed will be anywhere between 400 and 450 - could even be as high as 495 (based on previous records).
One way to look at it:
Assuming no sleep (meaning 25 packs per day can be generated per day) and with ~ 240 hours to go in the event, we gives us ~ 750 parts... that's a shortfall of ~ 310 parts (in a perfect world) to get up to the 1,060 parts required.
Previous records indicate up to 39% waste of Collector parts in these events, average is 26%, so let's be generous and assume 20% waste, that's...
~372 parts (or 124 packs) that have to come from somewhere (this is assuming you don't sleep  ;) ). Here's the possible places they can come from:
Deputy spits out ~ 60 parts each time but costs rubies
Parts carried in from Stage 2 - varies player to player
Saved packs - varies player to player
Speed up pack open times for rubies
Buy packs outright for rubies
Hope StW yields something to help

Important....

The question of full upgrade still remains
GWD: If possible, would be nice to know if someone in the brains trust over on Discord could kindly let us know if Gunpoint Mk3 needs to be fully upgraded in order to finish the event.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210416-121417.png
Screenshot_20210416-121417.png (1.19 MiB) Viewed 120 times

In April

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Snipey:

I'll be glad to ask (but it soon will be the weekend for GL).

Just to be clear, you would like to know if you can finish the entire event without fully upgrading the gun. That would mean that the final stage (3 of 3) of the event reverts to the standard Exotic event template where you can win the weapon at 50% and fully upgrade it later if you wish.

My presumption is that this question is due to the outrageous parts requirement to fully upgrade the Gunpoint MK3. I can tell you that the GL rep is in the process of asking the developers if this is the intent or whether the requirements will be changed to more reasonable as they were in prior misconstrued three-stage Exotic events.

I know that time is running short on the event and this information is vital to determing how (and if) to play the event going forward. And now to go finish my growler of Tooheys.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

GWD wrote:
Snipey:

I'll be glad to ask (but it soon will be the weekend for GL).

[Numbers of inserted, quote sanitised as noted]

(1) Just to be clear, you would like to know if you can finish the entire event without fully upgrading the gun. That would mean that the final stage (3 of 3) of the event reverts to the standard Exotic event template where you can win the weapon at 50% and fully upgrade it later if you wish.

(2) My presumption is that this question is due to the outrageous parts requirement to fully upgrade the Gunpoint MK3. I can tell you that the GL rep is in the process of asking the developers if this is the intent or whether the requirements will be changed to more reasonable as they were in prior misconstrued three-stage Exotic events.

(3) I know that time is running short on the event and this information is vital to determing how (and if) to play the event going forward.

(4) [snip - I can't possibly say the "T" beverage word more than once per post - there are laws against it in these parts - end snip].

Thank you GWD.

(1) Yes - this is what I'd like to know.

(2) Might have to wait until we get an answer on parts numbers in error or intended.

(3) Yes - time is of the essence.

(4) Out of all the beverages you could have chosen after lock down, you chose Tooheys. What the?. For someone who had a signature block go viral, and, who lives in a country (which is the epicentre of a mighty commonwealth empire) mourning one of the world's greatest distinguished and long serving senior public servants, I find this underwhelming beverage choice to be "of concern". ;)

In April

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Gameloft have spoken
I think we just got a really big clue as to what needs to be done in relation to upgrading Gunpoint Mk3. See screen pics (i.e. 15 packs and a 3 day deputy operator just showed up as a gift from Gameloft). I think this is the hint that screams: we need lots of parts!.

Warning
Once you hit the 'activate' button on the deputy operator it starts the 3 day process immediately - there's no warning or stored drill down options (like the PvP deputy), there also no option to purchase the 8 hour deputy for 500 red ones.

Listening to what was spoken
Spec ops are creating some mild issues for me currently, rollbacks & server connection errors are persisting, my PvP got reset to 500 trophies recently, and I'm over the Arena at the moment, so... now I have the three day deputy running (took a pic of my inventory) I'm going to back off the game (detox) for the weekend and let the deputy do her thing - as per earlier advice to ensure yield is up. The temptation to peek will be high, will probably still do StW but that's it.

Theoretical mathematics
An 8 hour deputy operator for 500 rubies typically yields ~60 parts.
Let's remain extremely optimistic with the calculations (my notes on the last multi day deputy operator we got during Bounty Cascade - over Christmas - do not show anywhere near this number as a yield - but I peeked and played the game and got in her way back then also), theoretically:
A 72 hour deputy operator could yield ~ 540 parts.

Credit where credit is due
Thanks for the gift Gameloft.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210416-214530.png
Screenshot_20210416-214530.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 82 times
Screenshot_20210416-210923.png
Screenshot_20210416-210923.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 89 times
Screenshot_20210416-210331.png
Screenshot_20210416-210331.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 90 times
Screenshot_20210416-210251.png
Screenshot_20210416-210251.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 92 times

In April

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Snipey: Your analysis is correct re: the MK3 situation.

The upgrade parts will remain as the are...a huge number. (fm: a GL employee)

The MK3 will have to be upgraded to 100% to win the event. (fm: a Game Manager) I asked the GL employee for confirmation...none yet. Another GM said to wait until the 100% is validated by GL. EDIT: Now confirmed by GL. The weapon must be 100%.

The "gifts" are compensation for the uproar on Discord about the upgrade requirements to help players "get through the weekend". (fm: GL employee)

We are screwed. (fm: me)

BTW, I've never used the Deputy. Can a player still open packs while the deputy runs or is it a Deputy-only function? The Deputy opens packs and replaces them as soon as they are finished processing so it appears that the player just plays the Chapters/Missions.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

I've haven't noticed the deputy do anything whilst your active in the game (from observation last time we got a 'gift' to see us over Christmas & Boxing day), the only way to get any benefit is to activate the deputy just before you close out of the game.

And I agree - we are still screwed!
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Unofficial Sniper Fury Forums - https://sf.scotia-it.com