SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Decker wrote:
Not surprisingly since completing all upgrades the parts are falling balanced.

Obvious IF/THEN statement in the code - IF all upgrades done THEN no point in taking the p!ss any more...

This is, unfortunately, always the case. It certainly seems like rubbing salt into a festering wound.
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

My waste numbers (for the record):
220 parts (just over 73 packs worth).

Like Decker I stopped playing too. The plasma core spares I'm showing came out of the last packs after the final upgrade was made (proving yet again that once you don't need plasma cores they all of a sudden start dropping in abundance). I had a similar experience with plasma core drops in StW. So we know this is done deliberately (see previous threads) but this time it was excessive and felt deliberately cruel - akin to a cheap parlour trick. There's better ways to govern ('balance') these events, in my opinion.

I put text similar to this in another thread, but it belongs here. I play this game primarily for entertainment. I dislike feelling betrayed, annoyed and, frankly, ripped off by a seemingly deliberately craftily designed psychologically archaic stitch up. Sure, trade on my hope from time to time, that's part of the game, but don't use my deep pool of hope and stubborn human perseverance as a door mat for too much longer or you will wear out your welcome. Again, your job is to entertain me, not enrage me.

Even if I put other concurrent issues aside (for example:  UPD49, significantly excessive cc response delays, rewards not provided, currencies going missing, and, these forums closing), this April 2021 three stage exotic weapon event (for a whole host of ill-defined reasons) will unfortunately be remembered as a new low point in this game's history, in my opinion - a cluster and overreach.

I wonder if, overall, this sort of behaviour gains more paying customers or loses more paying customers? 

Other comments on numbers in the final stage of this event can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=2033&t=713772

StW records for this event are here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=702771&p=4138682#p4138682
Attachments
Screenshot_20210422-152235~2.png
Screenshot_20210422-152235~2.png (498.54 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace / DT: a78d2d5b / Android / Server: APA / Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / I'm a Gameloft customer not employee / I find unannounced SF changes annoying.

In April
 2021, Gameloft announced their intention to close these forums by June 2021: I am *extremely* disappointed by this news. I hope Gameloft invests in improved communication with players *in the game* itself now this forum is closing.

no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Numbers are in:-
Rd1 Min Req'd = 94 Req'd 107 Opened 20 Packs 1 Deputy
Rd 2 Min Req'd = 127 Req'd 139 Opened 20 Packs 1 Deputy
Rd 3 Min Req'd = 354 Req'd 419 Opened 106 Packs 1 Deputy + 3 Day Deputy

All in All, if this is the new norm, I won't be playing this type of event again and will be advising others to give it a miss. The Weapon is a POS, the Armour has no weapon that will match it, and the squadies are nothing to write home about.

Personal thoughts of course.

Left overs = Muzz 38, Mag 60,Core 0, Chip 55, Scope 43

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Plasma Core shortages are nothing new

Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:52 pm
Plasma core shortage was an issue "to be resolved in the next update"...  that was a long time ago. I must have missed the mentioning of this being fixed in the UPD49 patch notes (and UPD48, and 47 and 46 and 45 and 43....). 

viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=702771&p=4004089#p4004089
Attachments
Screenshot_20210422-215315.png
Screenshot_20210422-215315.png (623.92 KiB) Viewed 257 times

In April

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Rather than start a new topic or renaming this one an alternate 'unofficial' forum has been provided - https://sf.scotia-it.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Unofficial Sniper Fury Forums - https://sf.scotia-it.com
no avatar

jpeterson12

Windows PC

To bad the forum is done. A good source of info. I'm not going to register with another so I guess I'm on my own.Final post

A typical start to an event.
Attachments
hattori.png
hattori.png (756.73 KiB) Viewed 129 times

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

jpeterson12 wrote:
To bad the forum is done. A good source of info. I'm not going to register with another so I guess I'm on my own.Final post

That's most peoples sentiments, fed up signing up for more and more, the one we've setup has guest access, no account needed to read posts, if you want to take part then you do need an account but there's no real way around that.  :)
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
Unofficial Sniper Fury Forums - https://sf.scotia-it.com
no avatar

Corporal Kiwi

Windows PC

Well this weapon looks like it is a dust gatherer, that is if I finish the event. 4 upgrades and it still take 5 shots to take out a boat.
no avatar

Zygmysterbrau Z

Windows PC

WTF.....the weapon for Stranded is a Hattori Razor 66 sniper rifle on my game.  What is going on here?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-29 155701.png
Screenshot 2021-05-29 155701.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 65 times

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Zygmysterbrau Z wrote:
WTF.....the weapon for Stranded is a Hattori Razor 66 sniper rifle on my game.  What is going on here?

What is the issue?
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec