GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Stranded 3 Stage Event

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 am
The MK1 was never meant to be functional for anything but Stage 1 of the event. Its only use is for it to be traded in for the MK2, which will similarly be useless. It will not be until Stage 3 is over and the MK3 is won will we be able to find out its worth.

A GL developer over on Discord explained that the final weapon in a 3-stage event is unusually powerful so the whole of the event must be harder, longer, and more involved to justify the parameters of the event.

From GL:

"These kinds of events have as reward really good weapons and since they can be obtained for free the event has to be a bit hardcore. We can’t increase too much the difficulty of the missions themselves, because there are players with different amount of skills, so it’s not possible just to cut out from the event some of them.

So the hardcore part is represented by the time you guys need to invest in order to complete the event. And that is regulated, among other things, by that craft part, which you are currently lacking. It’s lacking because as I said it’s more difficult to find it in the packs. In order to find it, you have to spend some time in the game, a time that it has been considered balanced if compared with the rewards of the event."
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

GWD wrote:
It is being discussed around Discord whether or not you can get the gun without finishing CH 10 and not finishing upgrading it.

This news leaves me filled with confidence.... perhaps we should abandon these forums entirely and all head over to the wisdom of Discord  :o ....

Just in case I'm off track here.... sounds to me like (over on Discord) they're tackling all the hard hitting topics - 'discussing' obtaining an exotic weapon (Gunpoint Mk1 in this case):
A. "without finishing chapter 10", and
B. "not finishing upgrading it".

Maybe you could be the saviour here.... save them the pain of discussing things we already know the answers to - send them over to read these forums.  8-)

On A. Win weapon without finishing event
Never have I played an exotic weapon event in SF where you got the weapon prior to finishing the event (in the case of a single stage event) and/or the entire stage (in the case of a three stage event). In this case, where we are at right now, I didn't get the Mk1 weapon until I completed Chapter 10 Mission 5 of Stage 1.

On B. Win weapon without fully upgrading
I've proven that this is the case - you do not have to finish upgrading the weapon (Gunpoint MK1) completely in order to obtain it - in this particular event. See screen pic as proof in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=713250&p=4140450#p4140450

Perhaps you could ask the brains trust over on Discord to answer a specific question that I can't find an answer to.

The brief....
​Stage 1 of the event did not force a full upgrade of Gunpoint MK1 in order to complete Chapter 10 Mission 5 (which is odd when comparing it to every other three stage event we have had so far). I have a partially upgraded Gunpoint MK1 weapon in my inventory. I know in 24 hours (or so) I have to trade the thing in to get in to Stage 2. I am interested in knowing precisely what the Stage 2 entry requirements are because I don't want to get caught with my pants down (or my skirt up!). Again, in every other three stage event, so far, the full upgrade of the Stage 1 weapon is forced by the template - in this case it was not forced (we got a "10+1" requirement not an "all 20" requirement).

So....

Do I need to completely upgrade Gunpoint MK1 in order to be eligible to enter Stage 2 of the current event (which starts in a little over 24 hours from now)?

(I tried to look up the answer to this question in the Gameloft in-game documentation but I couldn't find a specific answer to my question).

[Sings: Cliff Richard - The Young Ones.... darling we're the young ones.....]

Feel free to cut'n'paste the above - and just a little reminder: time is of the essence here, so.... (in the words of Neil when advising Vivian to get a container by which to catch all the lentils pouring out of a hole in the wall - a hole that Vivian created) "....be reeeally reeeally quick mannnn".  :D

To be on the safe side, I might upgrade it anyway just incase I don't hear back (in enough time to upgrade it) don't want to miss out. And one last side thought: My prediction is that in about 24 hours time customer service are going to experience an influx of tickets (just in time for the weekend).

(Meanwhile, I'll be hiding in a bunker here trying to dodge the tail impacts of Cyclone Soroja).
If I recall correctly, if you miss the gun in the first (or second) session, then it can be purchased with rubies and on you go to the next session.

This was the case with Lawmaker but was not the case in other (more recent) three stage events. I know a couple of players who missed out and assumed they could throw some rubies at it to catch up - but the opportunity never came (they were iOs players if memory serves me correctly).
For myself, I go to CH 10, Mission 4, and pause for Mission 5 until the event is nearly over. Reason: The weapon loses all of its attributes after it is won unless a matching suit is enabled. If the weapon and suit match then there is no reason for such a pause but I tend to like a slo-mo suit when trying to harvest parts.

If I have a stroke or heart attack while I'm on 10/4 then I'm SOL. But really, there would be other things to worry about in that case.

If you have a stroke or a heart attack let one of us know (send up a flare or something) and we'll be certain to ensure that your PC - as per spec detailed in your magnificent / infamous (with many admirers) signature block - is loaded into the ambulance with you - wouldn't want you missing out on another potential dust collector. :D
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

GWD wrote:
The MK1 was never meant to be functional for anything but Stage 1 of the event. Its only use is for it to be traded in for the MK2, which will similarly be useless. It will not be until Stage 3 is over and the MK3 is won will we be able to find out its worth.

[snip]

Agree:
a. the Mk1 is traded in to get us in to commence Stage 2.
b. as always, no point worrying about weapon performance until we get the Mk3.

The real question (for a developer over on Discord - if you don't mind) is: Does the Mk1 need to be upgraded completely in order to be eligible to enter Stage 2? Details (and obvious humour) here:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=713250&p=4140506#p4140506

(Just a side thought: If the answer is we do not need a fully upgraded Mk1 to enter Stage 2 then perhaps it would be best if we do not mention that to Decker - because I recall reading that he has already fully upgraded the Mk1.)

[Edit: Another update just got forced. Details here:
viewtopic.php?f=2033&t=686365&p=4112214#p4112214
 end edit.]
Attachments
Screenshot_20210407-185844.png
Screenshot_20210407-185844.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 61 times
Screenshot_20210407-185835.png
Screenshot_20210407-185835.png (968.13 KiB) Viewed 60 times
Screenshot_20210407-182303.png
Screenshot_20210407-182303.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 59 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:53 am
Too late :D

It does have to be fully upgraded to get the MK2 for the next stage;

"When STAGE 2 is available, your weapon will be converted to GUNPOINT MK2 if you own a fully upgraded GUNPOINT MK1"

So still following the 3 stage event template there, hopefully the parts will carry over as previous, if they don't I will be rather peeved (more extreme language was going to be used FYI).

Another point, last night suffered a rollback AGAIN, this time no deputy running thankfully but lost packs and parts, so the last time is not an isolated event. GL get your act together, this isn't meant to be amateur hour...
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:50 pm
Decker wrote:
Too late :D

It does have to be fully upgraded to get the MK2 for the next stage;

"When STAGE 2 is available, your weapon will be converted to GUNPOINT MK2 if you own a fully upgraded GUNPOINT MK1"

So still following the 3 stage event template there, hopefully....

[snip]

Thank you.

Maybe the Android and Windows versions have different help info.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210407-214549.png
Screenshot_20210407-214549.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 57 times

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:56 pm
Under Stage 2, the hourglass at the top right of the GUNPOINT MK2 box, tap on it should show you exactly what I get clicking the same place on PC :)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:08 pm
Decker wrote:
Under Stage 2, the hourglass at the top right of the GUNPOINT MK2 box, tap on it should show you exactly what I get clicking the same place on PC :)

Thank you. Will give it a try, once I can get back into the game - seems our server is having another nervous breakdown. I'm bracing for more mini rollbacks
Attachments
Screenshot_20210407-221031.png
Screenshot_20210407-221031.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 55 times

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:12 pm
No probs Snipey :) our servers the same, has been for ages, when will they learn how to scale infrastructure elastically (too many amateur's in this game...) seeing as how doing that is way cheaper too!

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:22 pm
Not from GL staff or developers. Rather, a comment from a moderator that has primary contact with GL staff. From Discord:

"Yes. You can own the weapon by winning it, but it has to be fully upgraded, before stage two starts
I´m pretty sure it was different in the past cascade events.. there you have to upgrade the weapon fully to be able to play mission 5 in chapter 10

i´m sure, that there will be a wave of tickets to customer care because the users didn´t realize it ^^
What will again make the CC slow down in answering tickets
just for info @Lina [GL] 
It´s an selfmade and unnecessary ticket wave
would be interesting, to see stats for exactly that.."
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:33 pm
Another post on Discord related to the topic being discussed here. The post is from a forum member, not GL.

"I just won Chapter 10 Missions 5 but I have not fully upgraded the GUNPOINT!  Is that intended?
It doesn't really matter until the start of Part 2 when the gun should be fully upgraded"
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec