Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

So far the weapon is pants, the region is a great pick for frustration as zoom is also pants, I'll upgrade and update (another for the team) as I can, used 2 Deputies so far and done a good few upgrades (hoping that parts carry over as in the past 3 stage events).

The Deputies reports are bugged (on PC, or at least on mine) as the reports seem impossible to access, flashes on screen and not enough time to get a cursor on the notification to see the report or you go to some other screen and the report then flashes up and dissapears, nice one GL.  And I can no longer be bothered to screenshot every minute of game time so I'm not counting but it does seem less results that previoulsy.

The sights are the first issue, terrible is possibly the simplest way to put it.

Hits are the next, hits "appear" to do either no damage at all or crit hits, I emptied 2 full mags into 1 SM on Lvl 1 with a well upgraded weapon and no loss of SM health, then 1 crit took him out - something is seriously not right here.

Weapon 'flash' & stability are pants too, so again hoping the upgrades take care of that.

Couple of minor gripes as well but lets see what goes on.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Stranded 3 Stage Event

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:41 pm
Fully upgraded MK1 and honestly not much better.

Sights are still shocking, can only hope they change for the MK2/3.

'Normal' shots still seem to do no or minimal damage, only crit hits are taking tangos out, can still empty more than 1 mag with no damage done (drones and boats are okay though), which has to be an error and not a feature...

Doing chapter 7 now and I'm not looking forward to further chapters as the MK1 is all over the place.

Additional on the Deputies, seems I got hit with a rollback on my second one deployed and lost a completed pack and all Deputy activity, so thanks for that GL, last nights pulled 21 packs so back to what it should be on that one, still can't get to the Deputies activity log though which is very irritating.

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:42 am
Decker:
Here is a hint: Shoot at legs, arms, or head. It appears that the goons are wearing armor and do not take body shots. However, Critical Hits do pierce the armor. This is the first Exotic event that I remember where armor is a factor.

I tried leg shots on the SMs and they all went down with one hit. Don't tell anybody about the hint. Keep it between us (sweetie :-* ).
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

RidgySole8

Windows PC

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:30 am
Paired it up with Tough Bunny gear, 90% boost certainly helps, but still will need tons of boosts in the upcoming PvP Event, very weak.
*     The Base Will Fall     *
Senior Sniper since Sun May 29, 2016 12:51 am GMT
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Sweetie et al

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:27 am
GWD wrote:
[snip] Keep it between us (sweetie :-* ).

I think someone may have been in lockdown for a little too long.
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:40 am
Decker wrote:
Fully upgraded MK1 and honestly not much better.

Sights are still shocking, can only hope they change for the MK2/3.

'Normal' shots still seem to do no or minimal damage, only crit hits are taking tangos out, can still empty more than 1 mag with no damage done (drones and boats are okay though), which has to be an error and not a feature...

Doing chapter 7 now and I'm not looking forward to further chapters as the MK1 is all over the place.

Additional on the Deputies, seems I got hit with a rollback on my second one deployed and lost a completed pack and all Deputy activity, so thanks for that GL, last nights pulled 21 packs so back to what it should be on that one, still can't get to the Deputies activity log though which is very irritating.

Armoured assault enemies
What GWD said... they're armoured - shoot at their toes.

Gear choice for one reason
I'm using Tough Bunny with Gunpoint like Ridgy (but predominantly so that I have the handy barrage button for use if needed).

Deputy
You're right: Deputy is performing ok:
a. operator log access is annoying.
b. log inaccuracies crept in a few updates back.
c. See the following thread for results and a link trail:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=710718&p=4139780#p4139780

Measuring deputy yield
My strong suggestion is do not rely on the operator log - just look at inventory before and inventory after - compare the two - voila! The log is a redundant gimmick - the yield into inventory is the crux. Follow the thread trail (starting with the post linked at point c. above) for details and tips on maximising yield. Let me know if you want to see the log screen pics I took this morning (along with really strange pack timers) that go with the data I put at the link above.

De ja vue on the sight issue
Looking at the artwork for the Mk1, 2 & 3 (Gunpoint) the bolt on embellishments look similar to those bolted onto Lawmaker Mk1, 2 & 3. So... if this weapon event is anything like Lawmaker Mk1, 2 and 3 (remember how bad the scope was in the Mk1 in that event?), my notes suggest that the third scope upgrade in Stage 3 should solve the annoying scope problem (can't speculate on what happens between now and then). My notes also indicate that the scope on Lawmaker Mk2 was better than the Mk3 (let's hope that's not repeated here). I could find links to this but I'm a little time poor at the moment.

Numbers of parts
(While I'm here)... Got an abundance of clips so far. All other parts are fairly evenly spread at this point. Pack drops, the deputy and (to a lesser extent) StW, all seem skewed to clips this time.

[Edit: Added screen pic - I'm at the start of chapter 4 in this pic (probably should get a move on with "playing through"). End edit.]
Attachments
Screenshot_20210406-202722.png
Screenshot_20210406-202722.png (970.12 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Re: Sweetie et al

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:17 pm
GWD wrote:
[snip] Keep it between us (sweetie :-* ).

I think someone may have been in lockdown for a little too long.

And I thought I'd gone a bit strange after a year locked up!

I hope your right about the sights as they're flamin anoying.

SM's armoured might be but I've been trying different body parts and strill getting the same zero damage, roll on tier 2!!!
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

The $64 question.... Do I need to fully upgrade Gunpoint MK1 in order to trade it in to get into Stage 2????

Pretty sure we had to have a fully upgraded weapon last time we had a three stage event... but... last time the upgrades were forced along the way (i.e. couldn't start Chap 10 Miss 5 until the weapon was fully upgraded).

Just want to save the parts if I can (to carry them in to Stage 2).

Any scuttlebutt on Discord anyone?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210407-111836.png
Screenshot_20210407-111836.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 660 times

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:17 am
It is being discussed around Discord whether or not you can get the gun without finishing CH 10 and not finishing upgrading it.

If I recall correctly, if you miss the gun in the first (or second) session, then it can be purchased with rubies and on you go to the next session.

For myself, I go to CH 10, Mission 4, and pause for Mission 5 until the event is nearly over. Reason: The weapon loses all of its attributes after it is won unless a matching suit is enabled. If the weapon and suit match then there is no reason for such a pause but I tend to like a slo-mo suit when trying to harvest parts.

If I have a stroke or heart attack while I'm on 10/4 then I'm SOL. But really, there would be other things to worry about in that case.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec

RidgySole8

Windows PC

Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:33 am
Well, MK1 is most certainly, and very much useless in PvP. Another one of those garbage weapons..
*     The Base Will Fall     *
Senior Sniper since Sun May 29, 2016 12:51 am GMT