no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

threemusketeer78 wrote:
I have the Gun MK1 in my inventory, but not fuly upgraded, when stage 2 available, my gun not converted to Gun MK2, it's required me to buy Gun Mk2 for 4k ruby, while my another account also has Gun MK1 and not fully upgraded but it was automaticaly converted to Gun MK2, any ideas what happened here?

It was a bug that impacted some players and not others.

Point 2 (in red) of the following post kindly provided by GWD explains this situation:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=713250&start=30#p4141510

Is it possible for you to now completely upgrade the Mk1 you still have and enter Stage 2? Have you tried to? Just curious.
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)
no avatar

threemusketeer78

Windows PC

SnipeyMcSniperFace wrote:
threemusketeer78 wrote:
I have the Gun MK1 in my inventory, but not fuly upgraded, when stage 2 available, my gun not converted to Gun MK2, it's required me to buy Gun Mk2 for 4k ruby, while my another account also has Gun MK1 and not fully upgraded but it was automaticaly converted to Gun MK2, any ideas what happened here?

Point 2 (in red) of the following post kindly provided by GWD explains this situation:

Is it possible for you to now completely upgrade the Mk1 you still have and enter Stage 2? Have you tried to? Just curious.

I have tried, Now My Gun MK1 fully upgraded, but still nothing happened.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

threemusketeer78 wrote:
threemusketeer78 wrote:

I have tried, Now My Gun MK1 fully upgraded, but still nothing happened.

Ouch. Missed the boat on that account then.

Thank you for the post back. There are other players in this situation also btw.
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

GWD wrote:
I'll be in an urn in 10 years. Either that or spread over my favorite fishing lake. Oh well.

Nice choice. Respect. I truly hope that some eco-warrior (or left leaning local council consultant) doesn't spoil your lake aspirations.

Be assured, when the time comes, that your virtual legacy will live on through the cult following that your signature block has developed.  :DAll hail the block!

You are killing me on the signature block. That is....untill I read yours!! ;D
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

GWD wrote:
GWD wrote:
I'll be in an urn in 10 years. Either that or spread over my favorite fishing lake. Oh well.

Nice choice. Respect. I truly hope that some eco-warrior (or left leaning local council consultant) doesn't spoil your lake aspirations.

Be assured, when the time comes, that your virtual legacy will live on through the cult following that your signature block has developed.  :DAll hail the block!

You are killing me on the signature block. That is....untill I read yours!! ;D

What's that saying about people in glass houses?  ::)
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Back on topic....

Ran the deputy last night. Got 21 packs. Rather than clogging up this thread further, I tucked the details and screen pics into the following post:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=710718&p=4139780#p4139780

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Same here, run last night yielded 21 packs worth, hopefully they've finally sorted it so it's the same for every platform and run.

Only 2 upgrades left to do on MK2 but apart from that nothing else worth mentioning, still not excited by the weapon this round...

Serious shortage of muzzles with chips & scopes a bit better, tons of mags & cores, sheesh, seriously think GL should be compensating for left over parts at the end of exotic events!
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Decker wrote:
[snip]

Only 2 upgrades left to do on MK2 but apart from that nothing else worth mentioning, still not excited by the weapon this round...

Got it over the line (opened some saved packs). See screen pic for the record. Not excited either but it won't be in inventory for very long so 'eh'.
.... seriously think GL should be compensating for left over parts at the end of exotic events!

If I had a Master Pack for every time a player has said that...

Please don't start me (again) on "waste" in this game.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210411-191150.png
Screenshot_20210411-191150.png (942.72 KiB) Viewed 99 times

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Fully upgraded and 2 days to go, 8 hours till chapter 10 opens, bored now.

Ran 1 last deputy but this time only yielded 18 packs, just when I thought GL had got something right at last...

Hopefully the 275 parts I still have left pretty much does it for stage 3, still can't get excited over this event, seems a bit wishy-washy over the previous ones for some reason I can't quite put my finger on!

Also wish the SM's included an assassin (will probably be on sale for a ridiculous amount of real cash soon) and suppressor (I know it's in the VIP for a shed load of rubies) over the much less useful RPG & assault.
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

Decker wrote:
[snip] still can't get excited over this event, seems a bit wishy-washy over the previous ones for some reason I can't quite put my finger on! [snip]

I hear you on this.

The words "lack lustre" came to mind here right from the start with this event. I'm not as excited about this three stage event as I have been about others in the past (perhaps with the exception of the buzz saw event - made me wonder why I bothered). Several other players agree. Might be death by a thousand cuts theory happening here. Here's some thoughts....

I think this event is perhaps living in the shadows of a fairly major change in UPD49**. Would have been nice if the event got branded with one name***. The error with the full upgrade force in stage 1 might have impacted optimism. The stock standard repeat naming conventions with Roman numerals (for SMs and gear) linger in the background like a bad odour - but in and of themselves these aren't (technically speaking) a show stopper. The 9/14/19/24/29 parts requirements is a happy medium ground (when compared to what usually occurs here - fingers crossed for stage 3 on this front). The scope issue on MK1 & 2 is another annoyance but again not a deal breaker. The longer term knowledge that the weapon will be collecting dust in a few months from now is in mind - but that's kinda normal too. The gear set (see screen pic) at the end of stage 2 isn't what you would call inspiring. In the middle of this event we kinda/maybe/sorta learnt that these forums will close but nothing overly solid and little details. All I hope is that the SMs we get at the end of stage 3 are worth the investment for Spec Ops.

** Don't get me started on the UPD49 situation (off-topic I know, but I've been running some numbers on the new spec ops regimen - spoiler alert: we got a triple whammy served up to us in the 're-balance' - dilution, reduced rotation opportunity and our ol' - evermore present of late - mate Con are all at play here.)

*** I suppose we can be thankful that the brains trust haven't come up with: "Mega Event [insert Roman numeral here]" as the naming convention for these events. I could accept "[Interesting unique name] Cascade" as the name each time - this way we get a different name each time but 'cascade' (which is what the event does) becomes the overall brand. Just pushing out a thought because there appears to be a vacuum of ideas surrounding nomenclature of late.

[Edit
In other news:
1. Perhaps someone else is thinking what we're thinking... A gift showed up! See screen pic.
2. Tried a fully upgraded Gunpoint MK2 with the gear just acquired (Captain (will look up Roman number and edit this post later when could be bothered)) on Test Defence. For those who care: Don't bother - although the single use ring of fire was cute.
end edit]

[Another edit
In other news, we just had another update stealthed in. Ref:
viewtopic.php?f=2033&t=686365&p=4112214#p4112214
end edit]
Attachments
Screenshot_20210414-061038.png
Screenshot_20210414-061038.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 47 times
Screenshot_20210414-132634.png
Screenshot_20210414-132634.png (1.5 MiB) Viewed 48 times