RidgySole8

Windows PC

SMs Perks are been replaced?

Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:48 pm
I have quite a few Grun Marksman SMs that I've spent bunch of cards trying to upgrade to higher tier. Few days ago their Quick perk got replaced by Discount perk.

Now wondering GL can just wipe-out any SM's perks w/o any notice.
Hey Game Masters - is this yet another "crazy, ****" bug to add to the growing list of issues? I see Grun Marksman SMs L10 is up for sale, seems that was the trigger
*     The Base Will Fall     *
Senior Sniper since Sun May 29, 2016 12:51 am GMT

RidgySole8

Windows PC

Re: SMs Perks are been replaced?

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:29 pm
This is getting ridiculous now - SM Finch used to have 10% success bonus, after patch 49 today it is down to 5%. What the ..... is going on? Anyone noticing this?
*     The Base Will Fall     *
Senior Sniper since Sun May 29, 2016 12:51 am GMT

Sleepwalker

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:39 pm
I don't have Grun, but I do have Finch and you are correct -- the +10% bonus now shows as +5%. I hope this is a mistake that will soon be rectified. Also, today being Thursday, shouldn't there be a headshot challenge for "head start" cards going on?

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:05 pm
There are a myriad of changes to Spec Ops. Several SMs have their perks lowered (none have increased making it suspiciously appear to be intended).

Also reported is that higher level ruby awards are not there anymore. Example: Tip Off has no rubies for over 100% missions. I don't have personal knowledge but saw a screenshot on Discord from a CM reliable source.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec
no avatar

SchuettelStefan

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:09 pm
Gameloft obviously wants to get rid of the players who have been in the game for a long time. That's why Gameloft is constantly inventing new chicane and trying to depress the players. There is no other way to understand these arbitrary changes in the playing conditions. What takes place here is just as absurd as if you were suddenly claiming in a game of dice that a rolled 5 is worth more than a rolled 6.
no avatar

SnipeyMcSniperFace

Veteran

Google Play (Android)

SM perks - retrospective changes

Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:16 pm
RidgySole8 wrote:
[snip]

Now wondering GL can just wipe-out any SM's perks w/o any notice.

[snip]

SM perks being changed
Unfortunately (re. "... wondering GL can just wipe-out any SMs perks w/o notice")
1. The answer to this specific wondering is 'yes' they can.
2. Changes similar to this have been done before - see this link for recent change examples:

viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=700247&p=3967299#p3967299

The rug is being pulled slowly
At the time of that post (see link above) I was concerned that the rug may be pulled out from under us... all my hard earnt was spent in a targetted / selective manner on SMs purchased for specific counters and perks matched to specific Spec Ops. My SMs fall (loosely) into two groups: those won/earnt and those purchased. To change the perks and counters on SMs I won is one thing, but, to change perks and counters on SMs I purchased is another thing all together.

[Edit: To explain further: Over the past few months I recall thinking it was strange that the latest 11* SMs (won/earnt) were mostly all coordination perk and all of those had the explosive counter - normally the mix is a little more varied than that - this left me thinking that perhaps the work experience kid stuffed up the cut'n'paste. End Edit]

A form of nerfing / game balancing
Perhaps rather than expanding the game at the top end, Gameloft have decided to start nerfing the middle ground to slow everything down (I recognise this comment may need further explanation). All in the name of 'game balancing' no doubt.

Sounds familiar
This situation reminds me of the recent gear attributes debacle. I would be very surprised if deliberate thought was not put into these SM changes - either way, brand trust is eroded by actions such as these whether they are an error or not. Some of my thoughts on this SMs changing topic are similar to those in this post about the gear attributes debacle:
viewtopic.php?f=2031&t=708696&p=4076718#p4076718

GWD spec ops comments
So looks like there's two things going on here:
A. Changes to SMs, and
B. Changes to Spec Ops.
I don't have any visibility to the latter - yet.

[Note: I do recall changes to Spec Ops in the past... I'm still looking for another link which contains another recent example of changes to spec ops attributes - will post in here when I get back to it - bit busy trying to stay alive at the moment].

Nerfing by different methods
Of course, it almost goes without saying: if the counters in Spec Ops change it has a similar impact to changing the counters in SMs. You say tomayeto, I say tomarrto - it's still a tomato. The real question is are these changes nerfs or buffs. Time will tell. One thing is for certain, all my lists and helpers for Spec Ops sound like they are all about to become useless.

Android version change reference
viewtopic.php?f=2033&t=686365&start=50#p4112214
Player name: SnipeyMcSniperFace (was 'Snipe' temporarily in 2021) / DT: a78d2d5b (was a78d2d5) / Version: Android / Server: APA / 1. ​Been playing SF since UPD6 (Aug 2016) & every day since Nov 2016 / 2. I am a Gameloft customer not employee / 3. I find unannounced SF changes annoying / 4. I value privacy so I am not on Facebook / 5. I do not take cosplay selfies dressed in latex as SF characters like Val or Daisy, etc. (no matter how cute it would be!)

GWD

Veteran

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:12 pm
Snipey, no need to look for a link about Spec Ops.

I remember one HUGE change a few years back that set up a howl on the forum. GL changed it back.

Changing Spec Ops is a usual policy. It is just that it hasn't happened for quite some time so some folks are shocked.
Just so GL doesn't have to ask:
Dogtag: f82cd4e, Server: EUR
Language: English
Computer: Windows 10 (updated), i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz, Alienware Aurora, DDR4 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
ATT Internet 50 MB/sec
no avatar

Zygmysterbrau Z

Windows PC

Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:56 pm
I just noticed that all my Tough Bunny squad mates ( Finch, Grey, Edge, Spence, Racer and Moss) all have had their counters...changed making them less effective for bonuses used in completing missions.  Once again GL sticking it to the people who keep them afloat.

Decker

Veteran

Windows PC

Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:32 am
Been seeing creeping changes too, but tonight after the update TB SM's no longer have 10% increase in missions (only one I have now that does still is Axel a 4* so not much use), in fact very few SM's do now.

R14 now require Protectors for some missions.

Thanks GameLoft, your screwing your players YET AGAIN! Bunch of d!cks

It's obvious GameLoft wants new players with money and don't give a monkeys chuff about those who have stuck with them (and payed, I've could have bought at least two high end games with what I've payed into this and enjoyed non-interference).
Turns out I wasn't just old and grumpy - I was right to be p!ssed right off!
Dog Tag: f8f16c

bh49

Windows PC

Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:01 pm
Funny. I thought that GL messed-up update, but they just screw-up players. great bunch of guys. Smart too.